Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving To London 2016 Megathread - ALL QUESTIONS GO HERE

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

First one from that selection, definitely. There's actually a good night to be had around there at the weekend too if you were to hang around.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

Hi guys.

Quick question

I’m moving to london in a few weeks. I have a brother living there so I’ve changed my AIB statement address to his and requested a statement, so I should have that as proof of address.
    I’m also opening an Ulster Bank account in the north so I will have a UK domestic account, and once I get the card etc I will change the address to the London address.
    So that will give me two proofs of address. I don’t have a utility bill.
    Along with my passport, is that sufficient for my National Insurance Number application?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

marty1985 wrote: »
    Hi guys.

Quick question

I’m moving to london in a few weeks. I have a brother living there so I’ve changed my AIB statement address to his and requested a statement, so I should have that as proof of address.
    I’m also opening an Ulster Bank account in the north so I will have a UK domestic account, and once I get the card etc I will change the address to the London address.
    Along with my passport, is that sufficient for my National Insurance Number application?

Yes that should be sufficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

marty1985 wrote: »
    Hi guys.

Quick question

Just an update.

I went to the interview and it was fine. I noticed people ahead of me were getting a bit of a grilling as to when exactly they arrived in UK and whether they have paid anyone to make the appointment for them.

When I was called up I gave my passport and from there it was a breeze. I had proofs of address with me, and wasn’t asked for them. It seemed like being Irish gave me a free pass to be honest. I was only asked for my employer’s address, and whether there is anyone in Cork I’d like the interviewer to say hi to, as she’s off on her hollibobs there.

There was no one in Cork I wanted to extend greetings to, and thus ended my interview.

Advertisement