Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glasgot vs. Leinster, Saturday 30th November 7.35PM (Eir Sport 1, Premier Sports 2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

Great defense from Leinster there to stop Glasgow.

Be ironic if Jackson ended up with a hat trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Matawalu is just electric when he gets ball in hand

Fortunately he also electrocutes himself with his decision making with ball in hand.

That's more massive defensive

Ross Molony last man up. Who else?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Buer wrote: »
    Ross Molony last man up. Who else?

Amazing to think he's only 25. Has 89 caps already, captained the team a fair few times too. Massively underrated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Good to see Aungier holding up well in the scrum

Kicked out of ruck by Leinster. Ref calls through the middle. Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Will Connors motm.

Was titanic in defence. Out in some huge hits that put Glasgow begins the gainline. We don't have enough players who can do that. He's a rare breed.

Hands down the performance of the season.

30 something phases of defence at end. Savage desire to be really mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭A-Train

That’s a great performance

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Top spot wrapped up for Leinster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Incredible win.....I thought after the first 10 mins Glasgow would win it.....Leinster then just turned it around and huge win

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Monumental performance considering the strength of that Glasgow team on paper, especially to deny a conference rival a LBP.

Hard not to smile when you see the strength in depth with lads like Connors stepping up massively and the likes of Keenan and the O'Brien's slotting in to the starting team without a bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

Fair play Leinster, thought at the start it could have gone the other way

The second half has been a masterclass from Leinster. Built up huge possession and territory against Glasgow and eked out the penalties that out them out of reach. And when Glasgow had a rare attacking opportunity we slammed on the accelerator in defence and knocked them back behind the gainline.

That final Glasgow attack epitomised Leinsters desire. The game was already won for them, but they wouldn't give an inch to Glasgow. They went through 30 phases of possession but ended up further away from Leinsters line than when they started.

Jaysus. Lot's of eating in that.

Malony probably motm, JGP thereabouts and Tracey as deserving as both.

Leinster are SO much better coached than Glasgow and honestly look to have better conditioning amongst the second string.

This is a much more significant result than I expect will be made of it. Scottish rugby in absolute shambles, Edinburgh barely win against a 2/3 Munster and now Glasgow are well beaten at home against a 2/3 Leinster.

Scarlets almost nilled by Ulster.

Great to see the Irish sides wearing the world cup disappointment on their sleeves, but the competition is in trouble with results like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,978 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Will "Ah Stop" Connors

Ah stop!

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Will "Ah Stop" Connors

Where's he from?

• Advertisement

Kildare

Given his penchant for the chop tackle it's actually a perfect nickname.

Did Scott Penny stay on the bench despite a starting flanker departing in the opening minutes with an injury?

Seems odd. Is he fit? Fawley also stayed on the bench despite being able to cover multiple positions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

If I was an Aussie rugby supporter, then on the basis of the last three Glasgow games, I'd be less than delighted about getting Dave Rennie as my country's new national coach.

171170 wrote: »
    If I was an Aussie rugby supporter, then on the basis of the last three Glasgow games, I'd be less than delighted about getting Dave Rennie as my country's new national coach.

If you were an Aussie rugby supporter, Aussie rugby support would have just doubled.

171170 wrote: »

Not uncommon for teams to lose focus when the head coach is departing. Whilst I don't entirely agree, many feel Joe's announced departure had an impact on the Ireland team.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,965 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Not uncommon for teams to lose focus when the head coach is departing. Whilst I don't entirely agree, many feel Joe's announced departure had an impact on the Ireland team.

Yet three of the four RWC semi finalists all had coaches who announced they would be leaving after the RWC.

Didn't do them any harm....

I think this claim of teams losing something when coaches announce departure is completely oversold most of the time. Usually a coach leaving is because they have brought the team as far as they can.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Yet three of the four RWC semi finalists all had coaches who announced they would be leaving after the RWC.

Didn't do them any harm....

I think this claim of teams losing something when coaches announce departure is completely oversold most of the time. Usually a coach leaving is because they have brought the team as far as they can.

It's less of an issue when you've a cyclical goal like the world Cup. This is a club team losing a fairly big name coach, it's not quite the same but as I said earlier, I don't fully buy into the notion myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Rennie leaving has nothing to do with it, Schmidt leaving had nothing to do with our RWC, it's just fitting a narrative around the fact of what is happening.

• Advertisement

I'm delighted by the result and performance. So many of our younger players are stepping up and putting pressure on the more senior players. If they don't perform consistently well they'll be replaced by someone in a heartbeat. And in fairness our senior players have responded well. The likes of VdF and Sexton have been in great form since returning.

It's getting harder and harder to distinguish between the first and second string these days. That's brilliant as we've a deep squad of talented players to choose from. But the challenge is now to keep everyone happy. They'll have lots of suitors from abroad and in the other provinces.

Advertisement