Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Munster vs Racing 92, Sat 23rd Nov 5:30pm, BT Sport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Billy Holland (who else?) saves the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Yeah what was he on about lol.

What? Nugent is back commentating?
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Fup sake JJ, from your own 22.....

Probably a fair result. Disappointing to miss the drop Goal but the conversion for Conways try was exceptional.

Brilliant game though, absolute battle. Munster SO determined at home.

Haley a good shout for motm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Once Matheson came on our game completely changed. Pity about the drop goal but a draw is better than the loss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Jesus just give the ball to Mike Haley off the restarts. He actually kicked a ball from his 22 into their 22.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Andreas77

Love Matthewson, , very lively player. How will pool appear now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭OldRio

Just a great game of Rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

A 3 point swing by that dg being missed :(

Draw does us no favors, but we're still alive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

eigrod wrote: »
    A 3 point swing by that dg being missed :(

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What?

2-2 vs 4-1 I presume.

Was kind of watching in back ground

Seemed like a good game

How did Murray play? Seemed ok in the bits I seem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Said it before, his left side pass has a limited range, he struggles to get power behind the ball.

Do you mean as he passes from his left hand to the right hand side of the pitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I think it's a tough ask from here for Munster. Need something away to Saracens and/or Racing really. The BP last weekend could end up crucial.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The pool isn't gone yet. Had Munster lost it probably was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

He had to attempt the drop from there at that point, but it was an awful attempt by JJ!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭twinytwo

What's the chance sarries play their full team against us

Pool far from done, Munster will win away to Ospreys. Sarries will be out by the time ye travel there and they'll happily oblige with a second string team. Still no guarantee but it's the type of game where experienced European operators like Munster can put down a marker.

Racing away will likely be the difference between a home quarter and travelling.

This pool is far, far more open than anyone could have predicted - the sanction against Sarries is entirely game changing.

mystic86 wrote: »
    He had to attempt the drop from there at that point, but it was an awful attempt by JJ!

I'll never blame a guy for missing a drop goal. He had the balls to take it on and that's all I will remember about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Going to have to win away to Sarries or Racing now in all likelihood

I'll never blame a guy for missing a drop goal. He had the balls to take it on and that's all I will remember about it.

What an odd attitude. This is top level of rugby and there's not really much excuse for missing from there by an outhalf.

Can't help but agree. I can't remember the game - but I remember Stephen Jones absolutely bottling out of taking a drop goal and costing his team and it's neither the first nor the last time a kicker has opted out of that responsibility.

That said - as opportunities go, it was about as set up for JJ as you can get. The reason I'd be inclined to give him a pass was because of the conversion he took a few moments earlier from the touchline. Serious pressure and struck it cleanly.

He was eclipsed by some of the incredible skill displayed by Russell, but I thought he had a fairly good outing.

Well done again Munster, at 60 minutes I thought your season was about to hit a brick wall but holding your own during Racings purple patch and then fighting back for the draw is very impressive.

With all the injuries you could be a very different proposition by the knock outs.

mystic86 wrote: »
    What an odd attitude. This is top level of rugby and there's not really much excuse for missing from there by an outhalf.

Says the person sitting at home on the couch

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭rooney30

Hate to say it but a bit of a bottlejob by Jj . It’s a very straightforward drop . He’ll be slotting that 10 out of 10 in training

• Registered Users Posts: 37,764 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Decent result for us and dropping 2/3 points is not bad giving our tough group

Sarries and Racing away are going to be so hard. Do everything in our power to beat Saracens in Thomond but again will be very tough

rooney30 wrote: »
    Hate to say it but a bit of a bottlejob by Jj . It’s a very straightforward drop . He’ll be slotting that 10 out of 10 in training

After 100 minutes of play in a game that physical and the adrenaline of just getting a tough needed kick. You don't play a lot of sport I take it.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Says the person sitting at home on the couch

What's that got to do with anything? Even though you're wrong and I'm just after leaving Thomond

• Registered Users Posts: 66,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

rooney30 wrote: »

Have to agree, at that range it should have been on target.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

It was a sitter. Good players score those JJ.
    But I wouldnt blame him either - thats jut his level. Of course he had to start, and he might even have got it. But he is not really ERC winning standard.

Advertisement