Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hypnosis for public speaking

• 16-11-2019 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Hopefully this is the right place to ask. I’d never really thought of hypnosis in any serious way as it sounds like hocus pocus...buutt, i hear a lot of people having success when it comes to quitting smoking.

I wonder however if hypnosis is any good for getting over fear of public speaking? I’m now having to do a lot more of this and have to get over my fears!

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Have you tried recording yourself, or rehearsed in front of a mirror?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,249 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I’ve a issue with speech that makes me hard to understand and as such are quite a nervous public speaker. My best advice is to know the content , I work in a quite a technical area and if I do a presentation where I’m not 100% confident in my knowledge of the subject it shows. So I make a point in studying a researching and being the expert in the room on the subject and it takes the pressure off.

Practice. , try standing away from podiums being comfortable, use your hands to control the speed. Be relaxed

Advertisement