Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions Cup no longer on Eir (via BT Sport)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Riskymove wrote: »
    perhaps you have missed the many threads and posts about this

BT are now available through sky

Eir no longer (since august) have BT free as part of their package
    I think you can add it on though for a price

To have the BT channels in HD it’s an extra €5pm on top of the BT sub but that includes premier sport in HD and it will also give you virgin sport in HD do e worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Riskymove wrote: »
    perhaps you have missed the many threads and posts about this

BT are now available through sky

Eir no longer (since august) have BT free as part of their package
    I think you can add it on though for a price

Yes I understand that, I have BT through Sky, just not the HD version- and as others have stated, it can accessed by paying more. I'm a bit miffed that a service that was previously available as standard is now an optional extra.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

baaba maal wrote: »
    Yes I understand that, I have BT through Sky, just not the HD version- and as others have stated, it can accessed by paying more. I'm a bit miffed that a service that was previously available as standard is now an optional extra.

HD on Sky has never been available as standard. You can't expect the same service on a different platform.

HD on Sky has never been available as standard. You can't expect the same service on a different platform.

I don't! I never had the Sky HD channels, but when Eir Broadband were providing the BT games (through our Sky box) last year we could view the games on the BT HD channels- now we can only see them on the non-HD BT channels unless we pay extra. So a dimunition of service when we are paying at least as much as last year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

baaba maal wrote: »
    I don't! I never had the Sky HD channels, but when Eir Broadband were providing the BT games (through our Sky box) last year we could view the games on the BT HD channels- now we can only see them on the non-HD BT channels unless we pay extra. So a dimunition of service when we are paying at least as much as last year.

It's not a diminution of your service, it's a different service. Eir and Sky have different terms and conditions. You can't expect the same thing from different companies.

• Advertisement

It's not a diminution of your service, it's a different service. Eir and Sky have different terms and conditions. You can't expect the same thing from different companies.

Ah, you are being pedantic. It is a diminution of the service I receive- I obviously am aware the service provider has changed.. To put it another way, the product I was getting (HC games in HD), now costs more, hence my commenting. The notion of competition improving the the service is but a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

Resurrecting this thread as my 3 month discounted Now TV subscription was up today. I got it on advice from this thread that it would take me through the pool stages.
    I went to cancel the pass online, and clicked through an "are you really sure" cycle a few times, and then got the offer of a discounted 3 months again at €15 pm - which I accepted!
    The biggest disadvantage of Now TV is that you can't record matches, but I'm looking forward to a binge-watching weekend of quarter-finals.

Advertisement