Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Best cooking method to harden eggshell.

• 16-04-2019 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,506 ✭✭✭✭

Going to have a game of egg-tapping with family home from England tomorrow.

For those who don't know, the game involves rolling 2 hard boiled eggs at each other, and one of them will crack upon impact. The egg that cracks is eliminated, and the one that doesn't crack goes through to the next round. A bit like conkers I suppose. You aren't allowed to coat them in nail varnish or anything like that, it's all natural.

Anyway, I want advice on the best way to cook these eggs to end up with a shell as strong as possible.

I would guess that cooking actually weakens the shell, so I would guess that cooking for as short a time as possible is best...or maybe never boiling them, but a lower temperature for a longer time?

Or maybe steaming them? Or some other way? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

A bit late, and it's for a different competition ,and it's against the rules , and completely unethical,

for cow pat throwing competitions you are no longer allowed to feed the cow cement beforehand

Advertisement