Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so Goldberg/Lesner II is happening then, its not going to be pretty but might surprise us

Owens to turn on Jericho or vice versa at HIAC i think

I wonder who will be on Team Raw if they do a cross brand tradional Survivor Series match ???

I thought they were going to have a proper opponent for Strowman this week. So i guess we have to wait a while before Big Show or Mark Henry come out and challenge him

Enjoying the Crusierweights and Brian Kendrick has really improved from what he was years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

According to Meltzer the fans in the building were chanting Goldberg all night so there is interest. I did find it odd that they left Heyman to lay down the challenge in the last hour when fans would be tired, but I thought he did a great job in selling the match and pointing out that Brock is still sore over his blemish on his record by losing to Goldberg.

I am interested in this match but I again would have concerns over the fact it seems likely to be held in Toronto. Brock is likely to have many fans there given that in UFC he bills himself as being from Canada, and added to that the fact that many Canadians are pissed off at Goldberg for the kick that ended Bret's career. plus Toronto being 'Bizarro World' and renowned for sh*tting on babyfaces...I'd be concerned. I hope they have given this some thought but I suspect they haven't.

As for Raw overall, I didn't care for it this week.

I thought the match quality was quite sloppy - though tiredness from the South America tour was probably a factor in that to be fair - but there's just a lot of really crappy stuff on the show which feels more suitable to something like Superstars: the R-Truth and Titus stuff for example, and of course Bo Dallas and his sign.

Jericho is the most entertaining thing on the show and I'm enjoying the storyline with Owens. I do think Rollins is a total afterthought now though and the fact he just keeps getting handed PPV title shots without earning them doesn't leave me with any interest in rooting for the guy. I am shocked at how plain and vanilla he's become. This must be the worst babyface turn since that Del Rio one a few years back involving 3MB.

I'm also not a fan of 3 Hell in a Cell matches on one show, particularly Sasha vs Charlotte being made one. The Cell match used to be about what crazy stunts might we see - now it's become a publicity stunt to highlight 'the women's revolution'; before it was supposed to be a match that wrestlers would be wary of entering due to the fact it was seen as career-shortening or career-ending - now it's a match where the Women's Champion wants to enter it for sh*ts and giggles. Gimme a break.

Remember that storyline round about the Armageddon Cell match in 2000 where Vince was pissed off that Commissioner Foley was jeopardizing the wrestlers by making the match? And Foley offered to resign if any wrestler suffered a serious injury? Imagine someone going from watching that on the Network to this, where they are pretty much patting the women on the back and saying congratulations - for entering the dangerous Cell. It's just dumb imo and takes away the gravity and danger of the match. I'm not against having Sasha and Charlotte fight in the Cell if the storyline is right, but the way they did this was acting like it was some honour to be involved in it. The match ought to be perceived as maybe the most dangerous in all of WWE, and something competitors enter knowing full well they could be making a big mistake which they'll regret.

It was not a Raw I'd care to watch again.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The thing with hell in a cell is it's supposed to be the end of a feud or to finish a brutal feud. Now it's just thrown in there. I think the only recent matches that were justified to be in hell in a cell was taker/brock and before that hhh/taker at mania 28

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

sky88 wrote: »
    The thing with hell in a cell is it's supposed to be the end of a feud or to finish a brutal feud. Now it's just thrown in there. I think the only recent matches that were justified to be in hell in a cell was taker/brock and before that hhh/taker at mania 28

The should never have started these gimmick PPVs, it just forces the stips on to the match unnecessarily. There should be 1 HITC match every two years, make it special. Same goes for the TLC ppv.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The should never have started these gimmick PPVs, it just forces the stips on to the match unnecessarily. There should be 1 HITC match every two years, make it special. Same goes for the TLC ppv.

Sometimes i wonder what the point of a HIAC is if u knw the wrestlers are not going to use it. Can't imagine the divas will climb the roof of the cell and they take a huge bump off it. One (or 2) of Reigns, y2j, Ko, Rusev or Seth will take a huge bump off the roof of the cell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Sometimes i wonder what the point of a HIAC is if u knw the wrestlers are not going to use it. Can't imagine the divas will climb the roof of the cell and they take a huge bump off it. One (or 2) of Reigns, y2j, Ko, Rusev or Seth will take a huge bump off the roof of the cell

excluding shane i cant think of too many huge bumps recently off the cell. if anything its more like a standard cage match know.

Think punk/ryback were on top of the cell a few years ago but no big bumps

PTH2009 wrote: »

The days of huge bump HITC matches are long gone. I was shocked Shane took the bump he did at WM and I really think thats a once off. Id be shocked if any of the 6 competitors took any big bumps.

You dont need big bumps to match a great HITC match. The build up is key and it should be used only to finish off a blood feud. None of the matches for the PPV have enough heat to justify the cage yet and the way Raw are going they wont have either come show time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭ceegee

sky88 wrote: »
    excluding shane i cant think of too many huge bumps recently off the cell. if anything its more like a standard cage match know.

Think punk/ryback were on top of the cell a few years ago but no big bumps

Rollins and Ambrose fought on top of it and took a fairly lame double bump from halfway up the cage

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Meant to say I laughed a bit when Rollins used the word "obsolete" in his interview and the crowd started shouting Delete

Is there a reason for the way they're doing the cruiserweights? Like trying to keep the same few in rotation before bringing more in? Where are Jack Gallagher and Akira Tozawa? They were my standouts from the CWC

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is there a reason for the way they're doing the cruiserweights? Like trying to keep the same few in rotation before bringing more in? Where are Jack Gallagher and Akira Tozawa? They were my standouts from the CWC

They havent a breeze what to do with them is my take.

Gallagher and Tozawa have been finishing up their Indy commitments.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,409 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

beakerjoe wrote: »

Less is more is a good policy to stick to.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CastorTroy wrote: »

They seem to want to keep them separate from the main roster, meaning they get two segments a week. TJP vs Kendrick, as the title match, takes one. So the entire CW Roster has to use a single segment a week. With all of 10 minutes a week, they can't really afford to give time to loads of people. They have to pick a small number and build them.

When are we going to get the Goldberg/Lesner raw face-off where all hell breaks lose and the whole locker room will have to come and try and break them up ???

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Raw2016Logo-500x281.jpg

Another week, another RAW, Goldberg returns, will he or won't he accept Paul Heyman's challenge? Watch live or via WWE's YouTube to find out :pac:

Goldberg confirms return to WWE next Monday night on Raw

Will Team Red accept SmackDown LIVE’s Survivor Series challenges?

Can Kevin Owens escape Seth Rollins’ wrath this week?

Is Sasha Banks Charlotte-proof going into Hell in a Cell?

Can Cesaro & Sheamus get it together before their Raw Tag Team Title opportunity?

SKY SPORTS 5 - 01:00

Very excited for the Goldberg return tonight.

It will be interesting to see the rating. I was listening to Meltzer on that LAW podcast and he thinks everything is stacked against Goldberg with his return: he'll probably be booed very hard at Survivor Series by the Toronto crowd who will almost certainly side with Lesnar, the PPV model doesn't really exist any more in WWE with the Network and all so there will be no big PPV spike to work in Goldberg's favour, and his next Raw appearance will be Halloween night which will likely die in the ratings - so it's all set up for Vince to say 'Goldberg ain't over in 2016' unless the rating for this Raw gets a big spike and that leads them to consider using him again.

Another thing I'm curious about: does Goldberg return with the WCW theme that he used for a month or two in WWE, does he return with the WWE theme he used for the majority of his run until he left, or do they give him a new theme like they did with Bret Hart and Sting? I reckon he returns with the WWE one from 2004.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Another thing I'm curious about: does Goldberg return with the WCW theme that he used for a month or two in WWE, does he return with the WWE theme he used for the majority of his run until he left, or do they give him a new theme like they did with Bret Hart and Sting? I reckon he returns with the WWE one from 2004.

When they were showing Goldberg's tweet on raw last week they had his WWE theme playing in the background.

His WCW theme is much more epic!

My UPC box has decided to brick it so have to sign up for moretv (I'll be 3 mins behind the normal broadcast) but still excited about Goldberg's return

I say ryback is feeling annoyed now

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Going to try and stay up for this but I expect Glodberg to be the 3rd hour lead in and with the feed of beer and whisky I'm going to have over the next couple of hours watching the football I don't expect to be awake at 3am.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I have Goldberg's wcw theme ready, in case he walks out to that muck wwe theme,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I'm expecting Goldberg build up to be 100 times better than the match. Enjoy tonight boys that'll be as good as his comeback gets......

so whos going to be the victim of the spear ???

i will be annoyed if hes the guy who comes out and beats Strowman but think they will do that match down the line not tonight

I think Goldberg will be interuped by someone like Bo Dallas, the shining stars, maybe they will bring back Gillberg

Goldberg is a show in for the HOF 2017

this is one of biggest raws for a while, i think if someone like Kurt Angle/CM Punk returns to WWE there first Raw back would be electric

for old times sake

At least I think this Brock/Goldberg match will get a better reception than their last match since the same events aren't occurring this time and everyone is well aware this is pretty much just a one off well in advance.

I don't think they'll feed him Bo. Maybe Jericho or just Curtis Axel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Yo gotta appreciate the gift of jericho

This crowd is red hot. I thought that 'sparkle crotch' stuff was lame but the fans got into it. Hope they stay invested for Goldberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I don't know who I'm supposed to be cheering for anymore on RAW!!

Who are the good guys and who are the bad guys?

I just want the list to win.

I thought Mark Henry was retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

New Day's 420 reference felt oddly out of place on the usual family-friendly Raw :D

Neville just did the job for Bo Dallas. Man...

• Advertisement

Ahahahahahahahaha.

Dana was supposed to win by putting her feet on the ropes but she couldn't reach them and just pinned Bayley clean!

I'm in stitches here. That's the funniest botch I've seen in ages. And they cut back to Byron who says 'hey, Dana won fair and square.'

Comedy gold! Can't wait for Botchamania.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement