Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Did a UFO over the west of Ireland cause the shutdown of Shannon flight services?

• 05-10-2018 5:05pm

Shannon declared that it was a software issue that shut down its radar and flight information service. Then some photographer guy reckons he simultaneously spotted a UFO when out doing night photography in a woods. A red light teceding, followed by a bright flash. Did anybody here witness that? Does anybody have any theories on what it might be, eg Russian aircraft?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭troyzer

Yep. That definitely happened. 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,740 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Shannon declared that it was a software issue that shut down its radar and flight information service. Then some photographer guy reckons he simultaneously spotted a UFO when out doing night photography in a woods. A red light teceding, followed by a bright flash. Did anybody here witness that? Does anybody have any theories on what it might be, eg Russian aircraft?

did he take a photo?

My theory? It was a software issue like they said. Software issues happen. Doesn't always have to be the wacky answer.

• The man apparently said that his camera malfunctioned at the moment this supposed phenomenon happened. To me it sounds like a bit of an invention of the imagination rather than a real happening. However there may be witnesses to suggest otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pekitivey

If you do ever take the time to go out of the city and spend a while looking up at the stars you will see some.... unusual things in the sky. bright flashes things that look like bright lights zipping across the horizon etc. Are they UFO's? Are they perfectly explainable other happenings? I've yet to meet someone than can confirm any theory that supports what has been seen by myself and many others. I'm perfectly open to a perfectly reasonable explanation, but for the love of god please don't think you've solved the mystery by saying "Drones" LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭troyzer

pekitivey wrote: »
    If you do ever take the time to go out of the city and spend a while looking up at the stars you will see some.... unusual things in the sky. bright flashes things that look like bright lights zipping across the horizon etc. Are they UFO's? Are they perfectly explainable other happenings? I've yet to meet someone than can confirm any theory that supports what has been seen by myself and many others. I'm perfectly open to a perfectly reasonable explanation, but for the love of god please don't think you've solved the mystery by saying "Drones" LOL

Meteorites?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pekitivey

Possibly, but I've also sen what looks like two meteorites spinning around each other while darting across the sky. It could be a trick of the light, regardless i would encourage every one to just look up. see what you can spot. You can often spot satellites and watch them orbiting the earth. It's pretty cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,740 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The man apparently said that his camera malfunctioned at the moment this supposed phenomenon happened. To me it sounds like a bit of an invention of the imagination rather than a real happening. However there may be witnesses to suggest otherwise.

Of course it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SmoothMalts

I saw it. I think it was on its way to the edge of the flat earth. That's where they took me when I was abducted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Johnathan Slimy Squadron

A red light teceding, followed by a bright flash. Did anybody here witness that? Does anybody have any theories on what it might be...

Not joking but seen this very same thing: 'red light, irregular movement, and a very (very) bright flash'. About 2mths ago. Low erratic elevation, but it was on the other side of the country just a bit out on the Irish Sea.

• The other day several pilots reported an unidentified flying object to Shannon ATC, initially spotted by a BA pilot who enquiried about presence of military traffic. None seen on Shannon radar. Probably a meteorite, but there may be other possibilities.

• Advertisement

3mins before the most recent sighting someone in the far North coast (Coleraine) captured something on their dash cam.
    That was at Friday November 9 at 6:44am.

Three minutes later that day, a British Airways pilot flying over Co. Kerry in the Republic of Ireland reported seeing a “very bright light” at 6:47am.

https://inews.co.uk/video/ufo-video-northern-ireland-irish-sea-sightings-investigation/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5csvJTNU4QA

Might have been doing way over M2.0, or at a very high altitude for it to get around the coast of 500+km in just a few mins.

• That video looks very like a meteor.

That video looks very like a meteor.

Perhaps, I've seen a very large meteor breakup in the sky back in 2011, the one thing about it was the range of colours as it burns up it's many chemical compounds, during the various atmosphere entry stages. And a sort of tail that came off it, almost ever colour of the rainbow, and a bit of flash too.

One of the pilots did mention it was 'astronomical' in nature (perhaps refrencing altitude and M2 speed), but another one mentioned changes in direction, speed/acceleration and very oddly, upwards ascending movement at the end. None mentioned any colour, flash or tailing/trailing effect.

• Perhaps, I've seen a very large meteor breakup in the sky back in 2011, the one thing about it was the range of colours as it burns up it's many chemical compounds, during the various atmosphere entry stages. And a sort of tail that came off it, almost ever colour of the rainbow, and a bit of flash too.

One of the pilots did mention it was 'astronomical' in nature (perhaps refrencing altitude and M2 speed), but another one mentioned changes in direction, speed/acceleration and very oddly, upwards ascending movement at the end. None mentioned any colour, flash or tailing/trailing effect.

Sounds like Putin is sending one of his aerial vehicles around the skies to show his muscle.

Sounds like Putin is sending one of his aerial vehicles around the skies to show his muscle.

Aside from his bear wrestling and newly claimed hypersonic throwing capabilities, more likely the US would have more advanced craft at this moment to test drive along the Atlantic highway.

Then again, there's the Chinese who knock out new bridges, dams, powerstations, underground sub bases (in disputed waters), all in the time it takes to boil a kettle.

Their new Daxing mega airport already looks unearthly, and is expected to become the world's busiest, and largest. The opening for 1st Oct 2019 is expected to be 'on-time and on-budget'. Reckon those lads will have a shopping mall up on Mars before anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭deaglan1

U FO real man? Knock back on the mind-altering substances dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BeckiB

That video looks very like a meteor.

agree

Advertisement