Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Switching Providers

Options
  • 12-01-2021 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Have fibre to the home with Eir, if I switch to Vodafone, Is a technician visit still necessary to do something at the black distributor box thing on the overhead lines?

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Brian2011 wrote: »
    Have fibre to the home with Eir, if I switch to Vodafone, Is a technician visit still necessary to do something at the black distributor box thing on the overhead lines?

No, that's not necessary - the correct process is to electronically switch the in-placed service, if you give your new provider your UAN.

If you are contacted about an appointment, it's a sign that someone screwed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Brian2011

oscarBravo wrote: »
    No, that's not necessary - the correct process is to electronically switch the in-placed service, if you give your new provider your UAN.

So I just plug in new router myself and that's it?

Brian2011 wrote: »
    So I just plug in new router myself and that's it?

That's how it's supposed to work, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

oscarBravo wrote: »

sigh, i got a text to set a date for installation. on to them now. i really was hoping this would be a straightforward switch

possibly a very silly question, but can i rely on vodafone to inform Eir that I've switched - are they supposed to look after that?

• Advertisement

ablelocks wrote: »
    possibly a very silly question, but can i rely on vodafone to inform Eir that I've switched - are they supposed to look after that?

They're supposed to, yes. Whether you can rely on them is another question.

they didn't. which means i have to pay another month to eir - that will be refunded to my account by vodafone but i have to bring the bill to a vodafone store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Hmm with everything done online will a copy of bill scanned and attached to them not suffice on an email.

greasepalm wrote: »
    Hmm with everything done online will a copy of bill scanned and attached to them not suffice on an email.

apparently not.

but I think I'll do that as well, I'm not convinced a store manager will have access to the notes they put on my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭greasepalm

ablelocks wrote: »
    apparently not.

but I think I'll do that as well, I'm not convinced a store manager will have access to the notes they put on my account.

Tell them your not happy to go out to the store to do that and send a confirmation number to registered phone so they can know its yours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement