Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SV650s restriction help

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

put a bit of tape on your frame so you don't scratch it and just try force the first couple of turns on the restrictor and it will come out by hand if you can reach maybe.

yeah that's just to stop it flying away if it came loose

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭E46Dream

put a bit of tape on your frame so you don't scratch it and just try force the first couple of turns on the restrictor and it will come out by hand if you can reach maybe.

yeah that's just to stop it flying away if it came loose

How do I access the top screw its behind the throttle cable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Be careful now while fiddling you don't round those f'ers. Make sure you're using the right tools to get them out in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

try undo the bottom one and swivel the restrictor until it loosens the top one enough to spin it by hand. yours is a bastard to remove compared to how mine was.

if that doesn't work (screw might be too long to come out) you'll just have to remove the throttle cable to get to that top screw. mark where its adjusted on the bolts with a marker first and because you'll be leaving the other cable on it won't be bad to readjust when you put it back on

mine only had the bottom screw

Is that definitely a screw on top, hard to see by the pic. And is it actually stopping you from taking it out. Time to start thinking about getting the tank off. Will spend less time doing that than fiddling.

• Advertisement

zubair wrote: »
    Is that definitely a screw on top, hard to see by the pic. And is it actually stopping you from taking it out. Time to start thinking about getting the tank off. Will spend less time doing that than fiddling.

This is where I'm at now I have removed the bottom screw as far as possible but that's perfectly hitting off the throttle cable too to stop it fully coming out. As far as the top one there's no way I'm getting access without loosening off throttle cable.

https://ibb.co/CnjR7gN

Update : Got the bracket off after lots of fiddling and loosening throttle cable now to reassemble I'm only going to put the top screw back in that should be enough to hold cables in place.

https://ibb.co/tC9KdPz

E46Dream wrote: »
    Update : Got the bracket off after lots of fiddling and loosening throttle cable now to reassemble I'm only going to put the top screw back in that should be enough to hold cables in place.

Whoop, now go out there and do 235km/h.

zubair wrote: »
    Whoop, now go out there and do 235km/h.

Thats the first thing I'm going to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

E46Dream wrote: »

Are those two screws the only thing holding the cable end plate securely to the engine? I'd be inclined to fit both screws, if its only one holding it in place and that loosens you could find yourself with no throttle.
    I'd fit both even if they are a pain, there are two because its subject to a twisting force.

• Advertisement

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Are those two screws the only thing holding the cable end plate securely to the engine? I'd be inclined to fit both screws, if its only one holding it in place and that loosens you could find yourself with no throttle.
    I'd fit both even if they are a pain, there are two because its subject to a twisting force.

You could be right I'll throw the other one on aswell

Advertisement