Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reductionist approach to the nervous system

• 28-12-2020 7:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

Mental gymnasts, they hate reductionism.

I think cause they feel it robs them of they terminology strewn means to exhibit their intellectual superiority.

It was an Elon Musk interview, one of the two with Joe Rogan where he was discussing neuralink and describing action potential or "neural spike" based interference basis of the device etc.

The statement he made was, "every feeling in our body, comes by way of these neural spikes, i.e. every feeling is an electrical impulse".

I mention that as, that's coming from one of the smartest dudes on the planet who's responsible for one of the most innovative health science creations of humanity, so, you know - don't just take my word for it.

Actions potentials.

Neural spikes.

Electrical impulses.

And feeling.

"Feelings".

When we say "feelings", we think, sensory, touch on skin etc. - which stimulates neural spikes propagating through our sensory/afferent nervous system for interpretation by the CNS.

What other types of "feelings" are there?

"Emotions" - as in, the "feelings" we have interpersonally.

Often times, we go on our "intuitive" response to other people.

But what is "intuition"?

It's electromagnetic perception.
    (another question which was raised on Rogans podcast, not sure was it with Musk or another health science based researcher).

But it's sensory perception of our nervous system, responding to electromagnetic activity of another persons nervous system - as these "neural spikes" or electromagnetic depolarizations propagate electromagnetic waves - as all electromagnetism does - which we sense, and call it "intuition".

cont....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

Point being - all "feelings" in our body, be they by way of external mechanical stimulus, touch etc, or feelings that determine how we behave, our "emotions" etc.

They are ALL, based and coded in, these nerve depolarizations.

In many respects these nerves in the brains are like the transistors in an integrated circuit in your phone/computer that stores memory - binary, code of 1's (neuron active, firing) and 0's (neuron switched off, not firing), encoding our memory, thoughts, processing them, modifying them etc.

Of course there's a difference between digital and biological but, the basis is similar.

My point in relation to health science is - the actual electrical encoding of these neurons, it's not fixed.

It's absolutely subject to modification, and here complexity and counter-intuitvity arises - very much veering into the psychological also, group consciousness based contentions.

But skipping the jargon - the point I'm making in relation to "reductionist" approach of the nervous system is very simply that "emotions", that realm of "feeling" based encoding, is merely an electromagnetic neural setup.

Our "feelings", are just electrical discharges pulsing through nerve cells in our brain/body.

lol

That's it.

So simple.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

No?

Alright put it this way, electromagnetic stimulation of the CNS/brain by way of electroconvulsive therapy or new transcranial magnetic stimulation, it's used in emotional mood disorders such as depression.

What is depression?

It's where neural impulses ("spikes", as Musk calls them), are underactive.
    i.e. the transistor is set to 0.

Basically pulsing electricity through nerves via TMS/ECT, it alters the nerual firing (perhaps "jump starts" it, in a sense), thus alters the "emotional" (neural excitability) state of the person, alleviating depression.

In older age conditions like Multiple Sclerosis, nerve underfiring results in poor microglial activity thus comprised myeline pruning and related deterioration of myelinated neurons = M.S.

All underwritten by nerve firing (spikes).

Am I insulting ya'll intelligences's here?

Advertisement