Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Emergency Call Takers and Incident Creation Representatives in An Garda Siochana

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

They might delay all of this now due to Covid

Why would they delay it after putting out the dates of each stage though? Is that a common thing to happen??

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niteclubbecks

job seeker wrote: »
    Why would they delay it after putting out the dates of each stage though? Is that a common thing to happen??

Well with the in house exam they may not be able to hold as many people in the room

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Well with the in house exam they may not be able to hold as many people in the room

For the Civil Service, one of the supervised tests (EO if I recall correctly.) went ahead and it was done over webcam. So I would assume it would be the same. Also, I have read many posts on boards about public Jobs/Civil Service video interviews taking place Also. So there isn't that much of a delay in those campaigns. So I can't see why this would be different. I would expect them to stick to the times and dates as outlined in the information booklet. Have you read all this info somewhere or are you just assuming this???

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Itainire

Anybody else keep checking emails waiting for first stage? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Itainire wrote: »
    Anybody else keep checking emails waiting for first stage? Lol

Patiently waiting :o

• Advertisement

Patiently waiting :o

Hopefully it won’t be too much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jamie13

Also applied, anyone know when we expect to hear back?
    In regards to the process if it’s anything like AGS could be a long one!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shau_98

Jamie13 wrote: »
    Also applied, anyone know when we expect to hear back?
    In regards to the process if it’s anything like AGS could be a long one!

What is AGS? I'm expecting the full process of recruitment to take around a year, that's if I pass everything 🀞
    Sometime the middle of this month is what they said but maybe towards the end with the current lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

An Garda Síochána

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Shau_98 wrote: »
    Does anyone know is there any opportunities for progression in this role?

There's some scope to move from call taker to dispatcher after a year or so, with a commensurate bump in pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Yamanoto wrote: »
    There's some scope to move from call taker to dispatcher after a year or so, with a commensurate bump in pay.

Out of interest is it an allowance or a grade bump or movement to the Higher Scale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Out of interest is it an allowance or a grade bump or movement to the Higher Scale?

Can't be sure Samuel, as it's not my area.

I know Forsa were heavily involved in negotiating improved terms for call takers and though a grade bump may have been sought, I'd be doubtful same was ever realistically on the table.

I just got a message on public jobs about the aptitude test. I'm actually very nervous.

I just got a message on public jobs about the aptitude test. I'm actually very nervous.

I am so excited lol I can't wait to see how this goes!! I am so hopeful it's scaring

I am so excited lol I can't wait to see how this goes!! I am so hopeful it's scaring

From looking at the booklet it seems fairly short and not too hard but im sure ill get a shock on the day I decide to do it

From looking at the booklet it seems fairly short and not too hard but im sure ill get a shock on the day I decide to do it

Yeah I’m excited and nervous.,you may as well do it . You have nothing to lose yet

I think I will do it as soon as I receive the link 😂

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Same here, now it feels real!.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Junior Blue

Best of luck to all of ye.

Yeah I am allocating time to do it tomorrow night after work just to have it finished and out of the way

• Advertisement

Yeah I am allocating time to do it tomorrow night after work just to have it finished and out of the way

Have you got the actual link for the test ? I am waiting on it

No haven’t got it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Link will be sent tomorrow and have up until 12 noon on Monday, 18th January 2021.

Best of luck to everyone, no bother to us at all!

Good luck everyone! Hopefully we all get to the next round after this

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Big_Baner

I've applied for this also, in Waterford. Does anyone know if there are hiring multiple people for each station or is it just one each?

Big_Baner wrote: »
    I've applied for this also, in Waterford. Does anyone know if there are hiring multiple people for each station or is it just one each?

I've applied for Waterford as well. I actually have no idea, I'd assume it would be a few positions but now you're making me second guess

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JKerova1

I've applied for Waterford as well. I actually have no idea, I'd assume it would be a few positions but now you're making me second guess

I'd say there will be at least a few in each location, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SNOOP22

Is anyone doing anything to prepare before doing the test or just going in? I’m wondering is there any websites to help us prepare before? Thanks 😊

SNOOP22 wrote: »
    Is anyone doing anything to prepare before doing the test or just going in? I’m wondering is there any websites to help us prepare before? Thanks 😊

I searched a bit in Google and couldn't really find anything.. There are some examples before the actual test questions so I am sort of relying on them to prep myself to what's to come.. I keep checking emails waiting for that linkkkkk aaaah can't wait lol

• Advertisement

Big_Baner wrote: »

I applied for Galway.. and I am guessing there are few places in each station but that's just a guess I don't know

Advertisement