Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Knee Injury - Stem cells

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alk50

I had stem cell treatment with Medica in the Beacon hospital in both knees in early June 2020. Six months later there was no improvement in either knee and in fact the pain was getting worse. As I was having difficulty walking any distance at all, I had a consultation at another hospital and was advised that I needed to have a total knee replacement on one side and keyhole surgery on the other. Three weeks ago I underwent this surgery and I am recovering well. I had paid Medica many thousands of euros for a treatment that did not work. They have ignored my emails and letters requesting some refund and I feel that this is very much a money making business with little regard for patients. My inital consultation in Medica was with a Dr. Gehad who gets rave reviews on their website. He has now left this company. He had a good personality and was someone you could talk to. The Doctor who carried out my treatment was much quieter and did not comunicate very well or leave me feeling very confident. My advice is to do your research very well before handing over any money to this company. There are people who seem to have had good results with this treatment but I feel that for those who it doesn't work for some refund should be offered.

Advertisement