Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clerical Officer Tusla New Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PLUMPTIOUS

Shrugh8p wrote: »
    Hi,

Received interview invite last Friday for October 2nd in Castlebar for the West area. Surely they must be nearing the end of interviewing candidates??

I asked at my interview in early september and was told they'd be interviewing till the end of the year and not to expect any results from the interview before then. Such a waste of time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

I’ve been working with them through an agency and got an email from agency saying my position was being filled from someone from the panel.? How is that if the interviews are still ongoing and also I’ve been for the interview and no panel has been formed yet? Is there still people on the last panel???

• Registered Users Posts: 40 annemm

Yes theu are still taking from 2017 panel.As they are 2 yr panels Im guessing new panel for 2020/2021

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nomno

I had an interview yesterday in Galway. Found it difficult. Asked the usual competency questions, but then asked me unusual ones like, have i ever organised an event, situation orientated questions like you have been handed 2 important tasks both urgent, how do you proceed. They said it would be the New year before I hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Shador74

Does anyone know the recruitment process for this campaign? TIA :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

hi all
    I after being called for an interview next aeek for the tipperary/limerick area so i guess they are just starting in this area. Im dreading it as its about 5 years since i done an interview could anyone please give me any tips that may help me thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lauar s

HI all, has anyone heard anything since their interviews over the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Australia33

lauar s wrote: »

Not a peep unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

They told me i would hear back late september, i've heard nothing. I've taken a job offered from PAS since tho so if they do contact me at this stage it's too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ash20

Hi, i have an interview for the West Region in sligo next friday. Anyone who has done an interview can you give me examples of questions asked? Also i read on this thread they asked about GDPR and legislation... what did they ask exactly? Thanks

• Advertisement

ash20 wrote: »
    Hi, i have an interview for the West Region in sligo next friday. Anyone who has done an interview can you give me examples of questions asked? Also i read on this thread they asked about GDPR and legislation... what did they ask exactly? Thanks

They will ask you what you know about Tusla, who they work with, who they represent and who falls under their permit (children, vulnerable adults etc) and how they work etc.
    I cant remember what they asked about GDPR but they did ask about it.
    Just research as much as you can about Tusla, read over some GDPR stuff and know what your role would be as a clerical officer (your day to day job).

ash20 wrote: »

They asked what legislations apply to Tusla. Children First GDPR, Preschool regulations etc. They asked what do you know about Tusla. They asked competency questions and for examples I gave they asked what was the learning from that. They asked specifically about teamwork, communication, a time when I didn't meet a deadline, a time when had difficult experience with a colleague. Solution and outcome from each experience. Hope that helps.

I emailed Tusla today and was told no results for interviews until end November most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Smoorsey

I got called for an interview October 22nd. I cant see the competencies in the information pack I was given however. Can anyone advise me on the full list of them please and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lizzy11

Got an email to check for message on the portal... got on the panel for north east region :D

lizzy11 wrote: »
    Got an email to check for message on the portal... got on the panel for north east region :D

Well done lizzy11
    Hoping to get some good news too. Such a waiting game

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PLUMPTIOUS

Brilliant. well done.

i got email & didnt make panel so wishing eveyone best of luck & congrats to those who made it!!out of interest anyonr know what qualifying score to make panel was thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lauar s

I think you had to get a minimum of 40 marks in each competency

I think you had to get a minimum of 40 marks in each competency

thanks so much got 39 in one of them & high 60’s in rest

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

tiny14 wrote: »
    thanks so much got 39 in one of them & high 60’s in rest

Oh god that's an awful kick to miss by one stinking point. What's for you won't pass you by.
    I interviewed for Limerick as well and haven't heard a Dicky bird from them

• Advertisement

Great to see its finally moving. When did those of you who heard back do interview. Sorry you didn't make it @tiny14 :?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MMULCAHY2016

I interviewed for Limerick/Clare region in Sept.. no update yet.
    Have many of ye heard back?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

With those marks you might hae a chance of an appeal but you only have 7 days to lodge it

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

No. Had interview in July and not a word since

Limerick too not a word back yet. Interviewed at start Oct.

No. Had interview in July and not a word since

same

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

I don't understand how some people have got emails and after two days others haven't heard a thing, its so strange

Ollie321 wrote: »
    I don't understand how some people have got emails and after two days others haven't heard a thing, its so strange

This whole competition has been run strange. Months waiting for any response them inteeviews going on for months with months waiting for results and now some gettng them while others hearing nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Shador74 wrote: »
    This whole competition has been run strange. Months waiting for any response them inteeviews going on for months with months waiting for results and now some gettng them while others hearing nothing.

I completely agree. I makes me wonder what working there would be like if this recruitment process is anything to go by

• Advertisement

Ollie321 wrote: »
    I completely agree. I makes me wonder what working there would be like if this recruitment process is anything to go by

I know.
    In fairness I do think it could be interesting work. Its just that I've been thro the PAS recruitment process and there's no comparison. At least you knew where you were and could follow it.

Advertisement