Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Avengers: Endgame [** SPOILERS FROM POST 613 **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RickBlaine

RickBlaine wrote: »
    I wish The Lighthouse was showing this especially as screen one is my favorite screen in Dublin. They show the new Star Wars movies, and they are currently showing Dumbo, so they aren't against showing big budget Disney movies. Would be a very good earner for them too.

The Lighthouse are now selling tickets including a midnight screening. Delighted. My favourite cinema.

https://t.co/FpKSkWOg8F

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

nix wrote: »
    Kind of annoyed at the timing of release for this movie, i would normally catch an early afternoon showing of this and the cinema would normally be pretty empty with all the kids in school, but all the lil feckers will be on easter holidays and will yap and text their way through the movie :mad:

:pac::pac::pac:

Aiming for an 8am showing now... kids will still be in bed

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Russo brothers on Twitter recommending a film a day until Endgame.

Their order so far goes :

Captain America : 1st Avenger
    Captain Marvel
    Iron Man
    Iron Man 2

They've not updated it yet for today but I was assuming they would have sandwiched Hulk in between IM and IM2.

I think there was a news report or a mention in IM2 about Hulk incidents but I could be remembering it all wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Thought more about this movie after watching all the trailers and various other scenes from the previous movies.
    This is all based on reading heavily into what Peggy Carter says in the trailer.

1. The remaining avengers immediately counter attack to try and avengers on Thanos.
    2. They lose horribly and suffer additional losses.
    3. Lots of time passes (as seen by Black Widow's hair change).
    4. Ant-man somehow gets out of the realm during the downtime (his confusion when looking at the missing posters).
    5. They use the quantum realm to go into a different universe to get the infinity stones.
    6. But lose people along the way (Cap America).
    7. They finally return to their universe and reverse the snap.
    8. Roll credits.

#PlotTwist - Tony Stark is Thanos. That's why his left arm is always in pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

mloc123 wrote: »
    Aiming for an 8am showing now... kids will still be in bed

They have 8am showings? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

nix wrote: »
    They have 8am showings? :eek:

They did a 6am showing in my local Odeon for TDKR which I would have happily repeated here but unfortunately nowt was on offer - I guess doing a midnight and 6am showing is understandably too much of a stretch on staff resources. Earliest showing is 11am which was sold out before I even got a chance to log on to book. :pac:

The Russos' suggestion for what to watch is certainly interesting, especially
    Iron Man 2 which I watched again only recently. Makes me think that it's Tony that's going to make the sacrifice play as opposed to Cap who most fans are generally taken as a given as to be one that makes the sacrifice.

Having watched both IM2 and IM3 recently it's easy to forget just how messed Tony is and makes his obsession with fixing things, things he has arguably made worse by his decisions, even more ominous for how this ends for him. He's already rode into the sunset twice in both IM3 and AOU; it's clear enough to me he can't walk away and death is the only way this is ending for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

They did a 6am showing in my local Odeon for TDKR which I would have happily repeated here but unfortunately nowt was on offer - I guess doing a midnight and 6am showing is understandably too much of a stretch on staff resources. Earliest showing is 11am which was sold out before I even got a chance to log on to book. :pac:

The Russos' suggestion for what to watch is certainly interesting, especially
    Iron Man 2 which I watched again only recently. Makes me think that it's Tony that's going to make the sacrifice play as opposed to Cap who most fans are generally taken as a given as to be one that makes the sacrifice.

Having watched both IM2 and IM3 recently it's easy to forget just how messed Tony is and makes his obsession with fixing things, things he has arguably made worse by his decisions, even more ominous for how this ends for him. He's already rode into the sunset twice in both IM3 and AOU; it's clear enough to me he can't walk away and death is the only way this is ending for him.

For the early starts, in the States some cinemas will be showing the movie 24 hours a day initially, with a 2:30am screening and a 6:30am screening. That theater is a 600 seater and both showings are nearly sold out.

I wouldn't read massively into Russos' recommendations, as they said they're doing a 22 movie countdown in chronological order, for the 22 days leading up to Endgame. It isn't really as straight forward as it sounds, with some movies occurring over longer periods than others, starting before one movie but still finishing afterwards (with post credit scenes being even further removed).

This is based on nothing but my own speculation but if Cap survives, I think he'll end up back in the 1940s with Peggy.

RickBlaine wrote: »
    This is based on nothing but my own speculation but if Cap survives, I think he'll end up back in the 1940s with Peggy.

That is what I also think but this where my head starts to hurt as well. If that happens doesn't it cause an endless loop? Plus you're messing with a life that Peggy established where she had a husband after Cap disappeared.

That is what I also think but this where my head starts to hurt as well. If that happens doesn't it cause an endless loop? Plus you're messing with a life that Peggy established where she had a husband after Cap disappeared.

Once they go down the route of
    time travel
    , anything is possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The
    time travel
    route has come into play most recently with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., being TV it's of course self contained but it does show precedence in the MCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭pah

Taking the kids on the Saturday 5pm. Couldn't risk them needing to go to the loo at a critical moment so seeing it with herself at the weds/Thurs midnight showing first :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lads stay the hell away from Instagram. Good Morning America released a new 40 second clip and its spoilerific.

I honest thought of all movies this movie didn’t need to give the entire plot away before the movie releases but here we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »
    Lads stay the hell away from Instagram. Good Morning America released a new 40 second clip and its spoilerific.

I honest thought of all movies this movie didn’t need to give the entire plot away before the movie releases but here we are.

I saw that clip mentioned, not going anywhere near Endgame stuff until the Marvel Studios signature rolls to open the film in 3 weeks.

And speaking off clips, clips that maybe released. The cast are also taking over Jimmy Kimmel Live for the week, so avoid his YouTube channel too.

The first trailer, the one with black / white / red clips from the other movies, was all Endgame needed. Everything else, especially spoiler clips, is just unnecessary. I mean, that Good Morning America clip, what group of people did they expect to target who otherwise wouldn't have gone to see the film. It is so stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The press tour for this is going to take them to every major show on the planet, its nearly time to go dark on anything Avengers related for the next few weeks. :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I saw that clip mentioned, not going anywhere near Endgame stuff until the Marvel Studios signature rolls to open the film in 3 weeks.

And speaking off clips, clips that maybe released. The cast are also taking over Jimmy Kimmel Live for the week, so avoid his YouTube channel too.

Good shout I follow Jimmy Kimmel on YouTube so definitely need to limit my social media over the next few weeks.

Good shout I follow Jimmy Kimmel on YouTube so definitely need to limit my social media over the next few weeks.

I wanna watch the interview, but I'm also cautious of did they share new unseen footage or was it just them and Jimmy yapping for X amount of minutes.

https://www.superherohype.com/news/443007-russos-explain-captain-marvels-new-look-in-avengers-endgame

Interesting comments from one of the Russo's - never even occured to me that Larson did Endgame before her own solo. Hopefully she got to grips with the character quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I wanna watch the interview, but I'm also cautious of did they share new unseen footage or was it just them and Jimmy yapping for X amount of minutes.

I watched the kimmel interview, on YouTube, it was fun. No spoiler in the chat part.
    I didn't watch the clip they also showed, I zipped through it. I've managed to avoid all clips so far.

• Advertisement

New trailer has dropped and like a stubborn mule I'm sticking to my predictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'm seeing trailers, clips and other bits all across my youtube

Did they have half this amount of stuff for Infinity War?

I wish they left it at the 2nd trailer, the one that opens in black and white

Who are they hoping to entice into paying to see the movie that hasn't already made up their mind

I think it's time to bail on this thread until I've seen the film 2 weeks tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Who are they hoping to entice into paying to see the movie that hasn't already made up their mind

The type of people who read the last page of a book before starting it. Those people are who these trailers are aimed at.

It's unfathomable to me but there are sections of people out there who really like spoilers. There is a subsection of those that will ONLY see or watch something if they know the end going in.

I sh*t you not. I'm friends with one of them......and everytime the topic of spoilers comes up he makes me question that friendship. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

I think for IW someone edited all the trailers and bits together into a 12 minute clip before the movie came out.

About this.

The Russos wanted zero trailers at all. Disney higher ups overruled them. Also all the trailers are comprised of footage taken only from the first 20 mins of the film.

They've been quite open about it. Russos said last week that if you're invested in this universe, then you need to watch it ASAP coz basically everything is gonna be a spoiler since they've shown so little. They've also admitted that just like they did with Infinity War, the footage we've seen for Endgame may not all be in the movie or play out the same, just so that they can preserve the secrecy as much as possible.

Got another two weeks or so of Disney's marketing team dropping "innocent" spots. Surprised about Cap's voiceover in the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

About this.

The Russos wanted zero trailers at all. Disney higher ups overruled them. Also all the trailers are comprised of footage taken only from the first 20 mins of the film.

They've been quite open about it. Russos said last week that if you're invested in this universe, then you need to watch it ASAP coz basically everything is gonna be a spoiler since they've shown so little. They've also admitted that just like they did with Infinity War, the footage we've seen for Endgame may not all be in the movie or play out the same, just so that they can preserve the secrecy as much as possible.

Those sensitive to trailer speculation may want to not read the following...

After the second trailer that appeared to feature a big battle (Cap and Nebula in the middle of a war-zone, the newer trailer also showed Cap, Thor and IM approaching Thanos in the same place) I figured they'd broken that "not showing anything after the first 20-30 minutes of the movie" statement. Surely what they were showing came later in the movie!? However, it could well be that there is a big round 2 fight with Thanos early in the movie, before we get into the whole quantum realm or time travel stuff that people are anticipating.

Could we have an early big death I wonder in that fight? Imagine Cap being an early casualty and this driving Stark to do whatever it takes. Could end with some sort of stone related hocus pocus to resurrect him but send him back to a happier life with Peggy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭larchielads

[Could end with some sort of stone related hocus pocus to resurrect him but send him back to a happier life with Peggy?[/QUOTE]

Kinda like a quantum leap type ending where Al ended up with one Beth, Al's one true love out of all his wives, :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

4/5 minute footage leak on YouTube. Different clips from through the movie (apparently). Terrible quality but spoiler laden going by one reviewer also on YouTube.
    Best avoided social media from here on.

Advertisement