Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

• 03-01-2016 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Hey all, new user here. Nice to see a big Irish vaping community!

Anybody else make their own juices? Been at it about 6 weeks and saving so much money.

I've only tried out The Flavour Apprentice and Capella so far but I'm happy with most of the concentrates.

I figured I'd make a megathread to help everybody vape cheaper and try offer my experiences!

I've been buying VG and PG from Irish vendors (that I found on here) but the postage seems to be the big killer. Any good brick and mortar places that sell vape-grade stuff?

It's made how much you can save at the end of the day. Since I got my Kangertech Subox Mini I've been using the RBA they include to make my own coils and I love it. Every little helps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Long time DIY'er here. Their used to be a recipe thread iirc lost to the vaults by now I suppose.
    Their were no Irish suppliers when I started, had to order from Inawera in Poland. Still a bargain id you order in bulk.
    http://www.inaweraflavours.com/en/
    You can get VG in boots for about a fiver for 100ml but if your getting PG and a few flavors it's not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

I mess around with my own recipes mostly, nobody knows what I like better than me. Very time consuming though.

I think I'll have to stick with getting my VG/PG online. I'm always buying new concentrates and getting good deals from places listed here, probably handier to just do bundle orders, especially with the new regs on the nicotine concentrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Mixing is good fun and very rewarding I think.

If you have the head for it you soon get a good feel for the way flavours work together and their ratios etc. There's never really a bad juice but always the curiosity to tweak here and there with a wee bit of this or that flavour to see what effect it has.

Anyhow welcome to the forum and do post on whatever you get up to vape wise.

These mixer threads are semi-active:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057452494

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057493371

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Oops I think I accidentally reported your thread instead of posting a reply saying welcome to the forum

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Oops I think I accidentally reported your thread instead of posting a reply saying welcome to the forum

Indeed you did but I enjoy a good head-scratcher from time to time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

mewso wrote: »
    Indeed you did but I enjoy a good head-scratcher from time to time.

Yeah you must have wondered wtf that was all about lol

No worries lads, thanks for the welcome. I did dig back about 10 pages and didn't notice any DIY stuff so I thought i'd give this one a go.

I really feel like everybody needs to make their own juice. I know it might seem like a bit of a pain in the arse at first, and it can be at times but it's so cheap and you get what you want consistently. Steeping and breathing can be a pain and honestly sometimes I just can't wait.

I always bought healthierchoice brand and I think they have some fantastic flavours, but they leave them in the window and some are clear, some are almost brown, some have virtually no taste and others are generally hit and miss. I'm not bad mouthing them, I would love to clone some of their flavours but their quality control isn't there despite what they say.

I just about had it when I bought my last pack of Aspire BVC coils for my old penvape. No matter how many times I bought them only 2-3 out of the 5 pack would work. Brought it up with the managers many times and they did not give a crap, told me I was wrong.

Bought myself 25m of wire for a fiver and a big bag of organic cotton months back for cheaper than the price of 5 Aspire coils. Once you go DIY you will never go back.

Never tried Inawera yet but I have seem the name around and will give them a go. Just bought a few 30ml bottles from chefsvapour.co.uk there so I'm probably good for concentrates for a month or two. It's pretty addictive making juices though

After a huge amount of research I decided to mostly use FavourArt concentrates and get them direct from Italy. Lovely flavours and very natural tasting fruits and creams. Get a load ordered together and post is cheap - it's nice having the flavours to play with.

http://flavourart.com/en/store/flavors/

Also use The Flavor Apprentice concentrates to fill in the gaps and they are another quality producer. I get them from a Irish vendor.

http://picknmixdiy.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=60

For nicotine and pg/vg I get bulk from the UK. Great quality and prices, send via Parcel Motel (around 4 euro) and use free shipping for quite weighty products nice!

http://everythingliquid.co.uk/

Those 3 links are worth a lot of research time - hope it helps someone out.

FlavoutArt are another one I have to check out. I started DIY from picknmix, got a starter kit off them! The juices are a good bit cheaper elsewhere though unfortunately.

I see the Flavour Apprentice site do pretty cheap bulk juices but I never joined the site. I'm trying to get to the stage where I can find what flavours I love and just get 100mls and do a few easy mixes.

Will probably stick with picknmix the 10ml samples are handy for 3 quid. I was spending 12 euro for 3 x 12ml juices from healthierchoice so I can't really complain.

I'd love to know how they make their banana. I got TFA Ripe Banana and honestly it's not the best. Smells great but tastes like window cleaner almost.

Will definitely try that site for bulk liquids, I'm flying through the PG/VG since I started making really low ohm coils, they guzzle the juices!

8mm wrote: »
    After a huge amount of research I decided to mostly use FavourArt concentrates and get them direct from Italy. Lovely flavours and very natural tasting fruits and creams. Get a load ordered together and post is cheap - it's nice having the flavours to play with.

http://flavourart.com/en/store/flavors/

Also use The Flavor Apprentice concentrates to fill in the gaps and they are another quality producer. I get them from a Irish vendor.

http://picknmixdiy.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=60

For nicotine and pg/vg I get bulk from the UK. Great quality and prices, send via Parcel Motel (around 4 euro) and use free shipping for quite weighty products nice!

http://everythingliquid.co.uk/

Those 3 links are worth a lot of research time - hope it helps someone out.
    Hey 8mm could you talk me through the everythingliquid 4 euro postage? Never used parcel motel before and trying to figure it all out.

Need a heavy order of liquids!

• Advertisement

Sure...

Set up an account on Parcel Motel and link it to your closest drop off point, usually a petrol station near a village. There's a map on their site showing where they are. You can also get a direct home delivery via Parcel Motel at extra cost. Also add your credit card to your PM account.

PM will give you a UK address that's in Northern Ireland with a unique code for yourself. Use this like it's your home address on shopping sites.

Order your gear at EL and select free shipping (orders over £45 last I used them). Put your PM address in as your shipping address. After a few days PM will notify you that you have a parcel and when it can be picked up - they charge €4 to your CC. You get a 4 digit code that you use to open a box at the pickup location you chose.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply mate. I couldn't make heads or tails of PM. I couldn't really understand how the UK address was actually a ROI one and that had me really confused...

Flying through the VG and really need some nic before that law comes in.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply mate. I couldn't make heads or tails of PM. I couldn't really understand how the UK address was actually a ROI one and that had me really confused...

Flying through the VG and really need some nic before that law comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Never tried any DIY, and don't really want to get heavy into it or anything. But I wouldn't mind dipping into something simple, like buying ready mix PG/VG/nic, and just adding flavour concentrates.

If say I buy a ready mix from Cloudhouse, of 20/80 PG/VG at 3mg nic, and just want to add flavour to make up a 30ml bottle, won't adding say 15% flavouring alter the ratio of PG/VG + the nic level?

Never tried any DIY, and don't really want to get heavy into it or anything. But I wouldn't mind dipping into something simple, like buying ready mix PG/VG/nic, and just adding flavour concentrates.

If say I buy a ready mix from Cloudhouse, of 20/80 PG/VG at 3mg nic, and just want to add flavour to make up a 30ml bottle, won't adding say 15% flavouring alter the ratio of PG/VG + the nic level? What do you do in this case? Get 6mg ready mix, and max VG to balance it out?

If say I buy a ready mix from Cloudhouse, of 20/80 PG/VG at 3mg nic, and just want to add flavour to make up a 30ml bottle, won't adding say 15% flavouring alter the ratio of PG/VG + the nic level? What do you do in this case? Get 6mg ready mix, and max VG to balance it out?

Yes this is the problem with premixed bases.

Usually flavour is held in PG. So your 20/80/3mg base with 15% flavour is now a 32/68/2.55mg mix. It's not a million miles off.

If your feeling the need to have a perfectly balanced mix you may as well just get some small separated amounts of PG VG and NIC.

8mm wrote: »
    Yes this is the problem with premixed bases.

Usually flavour is held in PG. So your 20/80/3mg base with 15% flavour is now a 32/68/2.55mg mix. It's not a million miles off.

If your feeling the need to have a perfectly balanced mix you may as well just get some small separated amounts of PG VG and NIC.

Yeah it's the nic I don't really want hanging about, rather just use ready made at least to start. I noticed on there after posting, that you can actually order it at 15/85. Which must be to counter the flavour. And 6mg would be grand, as I'll vape either 3 or 6, so in between is good enough.

If you do go for 15/85/6mg you could get an extra bottle of VG.

To make an exact 3mg mix:

50% 15/85/6mg base
    35% VG
    15% Flavour

This ends up 22.5 PG - 77.5 VG - 3mg NIC

Should be more cost effective too.

Kind of seems like more effort than just buying the individual bits, especially if the flavour is too strong or weak. Some flavours can be strong at 1%, others you need 15% to really taste it. Those juice calculators make it a no brainer, but whatever's handiest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Pick n mix doing Pre-Steeped Concentrates now €3.60 for 10ml.

We now have 10 of our suggested recipes available in 10 ml premixed bottles of concentrate,so you can now try the recipes without having to buy all the flavors needed,we will be adding more soon.
    All bottles have percentage to use printed on bottle.
    Now Available in 10ml bottles..

Dragons Blood
    Key Lime Cheescake
    Kool Tropical
    Beach Yogurt
    Banoffee
    Coconut Cream
    Berry Loupe
    Mothers Milk
    Banana Swirl
    Sucker Punch

Can anyone recommend any of these recipes...

• Advertisement

chipfox wrote: »
    Kind of seems like more effort than just buying the individual bits, especially if the flavour is too strong or weak. Some flavours can be strong at 1%, others you need 15% to really taste it. Those juice calculators make it a no brainer, but whatever's handiest

Not really. It's one bottle, the one I looked at for example is a 500ml for less than €20, the same site has 5x 5ml flavours for €9. I'm just pondering on the ratios, which I'm flexible enough on once it doesn't dip below a certain VG level. It would save me an ass load of money and hassle in the long run if I started to plan ahead for steeping.

Any DIY is 10 times better than buying the stuff anyway. I'm only mixing a few months now and burn through the juice but it still doesn't cost me more than a euro a day.

I wouldn't worry all that much about the steeping. Any fruit flavours I make do not get any better or worse after any amount of time. The only flavour I've noticed to improve so far is TFA's vanilla custard. Even all their creams (with the exception of Bavarian) taste pretty much identical after a mix and shake compared to a 2 week steep.

Some swear by it though, but I've never noticed anything that would convince me to leave it sitting there for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 PHUNDAPUSS

can anybody help me, I started vaping No Match Contender. and cant get enough of it, but its too expensive to keep buying i have tried to match the favour, i have tried whip cream and pineapple. any ideas also anybody have a recipe for the bomp pop stuff.. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

Pick n mix doing Pre-Steeped Concentrates now €3.60 for 10ml.

We now have 10 of our suggested recipes available in 10 ml premixed bottles of concentrate,so you can now try the recipes without having to buy all the flavors needed,we will be adding more soon.
    All bottles have percentage to use printed on bottle.
    Now Available in 10ml bottles..

Dragons Blood
    Key Lime Cheescake
    Kool Tropical
    Beach Yogurt
    Banoffee
    Coconut Cream
    Berry Loupe
    Mothers Milk
    Banana Swirl
    Sucker Punch

Can anyone recommend any of these recipes...

I've tried the Mothers Milk and the Banoffee. Both are very nice. I preferred the Banoffee, although it is quite heavy on the banana flavour.

I've tried the Mothers Milk and the Banoffee. Both are very nice. I preferred the Banoffee, although it is quite heavy on the banana flavour.

Thanks Perfect I'll check out that Banoffee,in the end,I decided to stay with the devil I know,I bought a load of concentrate flavours from Mount Baker Vapor which I know is very nice.

PHUNDAPUSS wrote: »
    can anybody help me, I started vaping No Match Contender. and cant get enough of it, but its too expensive to keep buying i have tried to match the favour, i have tried whip cream and pineapple. any ideas also anybody have a recipe for the bomp pop stuff.. thanks

Maybe this will help http://www.kritikalmass.net/products.asp?cat=Clone+Recipes

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/350kul/solid_list_of_diy_clones/

• Registered Users Posts: 20 PHUNDAPUSS

these are great, thanks

Just ordered 500ml of 72mg/ml nic. That everythingliquid site is seriously good. Wonder will they keep doing the nicotine after the new laws.

Everywhere is out of Vanilla Custard in big amounts I'm seriously stuck! Haven't made such a nice mix since my very first. Strawberry Ripe and Vanilla Custard from TFA are too good. No wonder the Mother's Milk clone uses them!

What concentrates are the best to try out? how do you know if a concentrate is best at 10, or 15%? Are all concentrates inter-mixable? Do you need sweetener also?

noob questions, I know.

• Advertisement

What concentrates are the best to try out? I see TFA bandied about a lot, I take it this is 'The flavour apprentice'?

how do you know if a concentrate is best at 10, or 15%? Are all concentrates inter-mixable? Like say I want a banana cream custard, are all banana/custard/fresh cream concentrates inter-mixable without issue? It's a matter of just getting the % right?

Do you need sweetener also?

noob questions, I know. I will be going the pre-mix base route if I do try it out, I don't want anything complicated, I'm happy enough to have a mix made up for me and just worry about the flavours :) It's just dipping my toes in, if it worked out well then I would certainly look to making up bases myself.

The TFA concentrates are 4.99 per 15ml, so 5 of these would cover me for about 600ml juice - I would want to make up some banana cream/custard like I say, and maybe a strawberry cheesecake

Advertisement