Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You 'feels' you lose

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

This video is great, now it does contain a Coldplay cover but get past that. I should watch this every time I'm sat on the couch to make me get my ass off it, I do this workout myself cos I have arthritis in my joints so find lifting weights sucks, some people would put you to shame with their determination:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,338 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I always thought the 1st few minutes of Pixar's Up was a fantastically moving and painfully poignant piece of film making....
    It does a brilliant job of pulling you in and showing you Carl's life and how he got to where he is...
    Then I saw it on YouTube with Jamie Lawson's I wasn't expecting that(A fantastic little love song in its own right) playing over it, and i won't lie....I blubbed :/
    And every time I've seen it since.... the same result!

If you don't feel some sort of heartache at the beginning of Up you have no soul, fact. And the most staggering thing about it is you're watching nothing but computer pixels, its just data, and its acting. same goes for Toy Story 3, that ending, I'm not ashamed to say I welled up like a mofo, thank christ I saw it in 3D the glasses hid my man tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A little girls wishes "with all my heart that my daddy would come home".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

krudler wrote: »
    This video is great, now it does contain a Coldplay cover but get past that. I should watch this every time I'm sat on the couch to make me get my ass off it, I do this workout myself cos I have arthritis in my joints so find lifting weights sucks, some people would put you to shame with their determination:

That really is an offensively bad Coldplay cover but it is a remarkable video. I love 'prove the doctors wrong' stories.

• Advertisement

Mousewar wrote: »
    That really is an offensively bad Coldplay cover but it is a remarkable video. I love 'prove the doctors wrong' stories.

Indeed, to go from needing crutches, a back and knee brace to running is nothing short of amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

banie01 wrote: »
    I always thought the 1st few minutes of Pixar's Up was a fantastically moving and painfully poignant piece of film making....
    It does a brilliant job of pulling you in and showing you Carl's life and how he got to where he is...
    Then I saw it on YouTube with Jamie Lawson's I wasn't expecting that(A fantastic little love song in its own right) playing over it, and i won't lie....I blubbed :/
    And every time I've seen it since.... the same result!

Bawled like a baby. OH walked in halfway through and thought a family member was dead, I was crying so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

• This is a beautiful story -

During World War 2, a British man named Nicholas Winton helped hundreds of Jewish children, that would have been sent to death camps, flee to Britain .. 669 kids to be exact, apparently.

For years, the story was classified, until the 1980s, I believe, when his story was finally released. This is from the 1988 show, "That's Life" .. and I'll leave it up to you lot to watch.

Then there's this story of an American soldier during World War 2 in Germany and how music saved his life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

This is just adorable on so many levels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

This act was on Britains got Talent last night. Gets me right in the feels each tie i watch it.

• Thought this was really nice too -

Basic back story:
    Two friends enjoy playing Borderlands so much together. Alas one (Michael John Mamaril) dies, prompting his friend to email Gearbox studios, the creators of the game, to ask for a simple eulogy from the popular character, Claptrap. Gearbox studios are so humbled that not only do they do it, they go back into their then-finished sequel, Borderlands 2, and create a character named after Michael, so he will forever live in the Borderlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Chris Paul (now arguably the best point guard in the world) scores 61 points in a High School game following the murder of his Grandfather (aged 61).

A 9 year old boy who built an elaborate cardboard arcade in his dad's used auto parts store is about to have the best day of his life.

These are old and a lil different to the other videos but they're the first ones that sprung to mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

I lost hard at banie01 original post :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

This got me (well the original video)

such a nice touch by Everton and shows how united Liverpool is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Another football one. This is very touching, 23 died as a result of the crash in Munich

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_air_disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

krudler wrote: »
    If you don't feel some sort of heartache at the beginning of Up you have no soul, fact. And the most staggering thing about it is you're watching nothing but computer pixels, its just data, and its acting. same goes for Toy Story 3, that ending, I'm not ashamed to say I welled up like a mofo, thank christ I saw it in 3D the glasses hid my man tears.

The bit where they're going into the furnace too, think I had a bit of dirt in my eye around that part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Mother finds her kittens dead
    http://imgur.com/a/OOrtD

NSFW

• Site Banned Posts: 256 ✭✭Dr Silly Bollox MD

NSFW
    What rotten bastard did that?

Animal abuse, only thing that gets to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

NSFW

I didn't even click on this and I'm welling up.
    I'll never understand people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

PMQhPuF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

• Registered Users Posts: 16,338 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I have totally lost it at Gustavo's post of Anthony Griffiths....
    I'm no good at this game :'(

Being the 'Man' is harder than I hope any of us ever have to find out.
    I've never...never..never! heard such a powerful expression of what grief does to someone and how we try to fit the stereotype of being strong when our world is collapsing.
    Thank you for posting that Gustavo!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I can't watch that Anthony Griffith one again - watched it about a year ago and I am welling up just remembering it. The way he shouts "Man up!" actually made me crack......

I hope I never know grief like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

NSFW

The look in her eyes in the first picture really upset me, but seeing her trying to revive one in the last pic just set me off. How can people be so cruel?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I can't watch this video without crying, how do people say animals have no feelings?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

http://www.dayswithmyfather.com/

As a side note, the wife of a previous friend/employee of the family passed away a couple of months ago (although he hadnt worked there for a good many years). I was walking past his house as he was reversing out of the drive one day, he waved and gave me a brilliant smile which really took me aback.. i just had to wonder how he still carried so much kindness and gentleness in his eyes after his wife had died only a week or two before.

Later on, I asked my mum about what had happened.. apparently his wife had a bad case of alzheimers... each and every day she'd wake up and wanted to go for lunch in her favourite place which she hadn't been to in so very long, and every day, he'd take her there and pretend like it was their first time back there together.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Incredible ad from a Thai Life Insurance company...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

How on Earth is that ad meant to sell anything? I've got to stop coming into this thread. It never ends well for me ;_;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭A.Gorilla

gustavo wrote: »
    Anthony Griffith video

After only losing my Dad to Cancer 6 months ago......this hit me hard........

Advertisement