Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2020 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bobbobthebob

Ravelleman wrote: »
    I was wondering that myself. Based on my position and lack of contact, they haven't made any inroads into batch two. Email them and let the rest of us know!

Looks like they’re into Batch 2 now. First couple for sure

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Looks like they’re into Batch 2 now. First couple for sure

Very interesting. Did you get that from PAS?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bobbobthebob

Very interesting. Did you get that from PAS?

Yes. A reply from last week. Looks like they’re onto number 3 or so for Dublin side of panel

• Registered Users Posts: 6 philadvalorem

Hi folks, just did my video interviews on monday and had a technical issue.

The last 7 seconds of question 1 had no audio. The question was answered within the time allocated so there's video there but my last sentence is just my mouth flapping and no sound.

Contacted sonru who confirmed I wasn't the only one and recommended I contact PAS which I did but no reply.

Problem is I am happy with all the responses bar the missing few seconds of sound and don't want to have to do them again.

Has anyone else had any issues like this and if yes, what was the response from PAS ?

Separately, for those who've gone further in the competition, can someone advise what the next stage would be if successful in this one?

Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

Didn't happen to me but other posters had technical issues and had to redo the recording. If you use the 'search this thread' function you might find specific posts.

Next stage is an e-tray job simulation exercise, then an interview over Zoom.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply. Do you know who the service provider for the e-tray exercise is?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pdbtsi

I was wondering that myself. Based on my position and lack of contact, they haven't made any inroads into batch two. Email them and let the rest of us know!

Didn't get much of a response - they told me again where I stand overall but not if they've started batch two.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Announcement: they have reached batch two.

Edit: this refers to appointments from batch two.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hindutimes

What score range was batch 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭granturismo

Announcement: they have reached batch two.

Do you know which counties?

• Advertisement

Do you know which counties?

Dublin at least. I haven't followed for other counties to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭granturismo

Dublin at least. I haven't followed for other counties to be honest.

I'm waiting on Kildare and Laois, I'm optimistically batch 2 or but more likely 3.

I'm waiting on Kildare and Laois, I'm optimistically batch 2 or but more likely 3.

My post referred to appointments from the panel.

The best of luck, however!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CoonCat01

Can anyone further along in the process remember about how long it took between stage 2 recorded interview and being invited to stage 3 eTray?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 blue10

2 weeks between doing the video interview and getting the results.
    10 days between getting the results and being invited to stage 3

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

Any movement on interviews outside Dublin? Waiting patiently for Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 big big loader

Waiting patiently on a few counties around the midlands also. No word of interviews at all. The lack of movement suggests there isn't many vacancies to be filled at AP level

• Registered Users Posts: 43 HelloPeeps

The results of the stage 2 video interview are out for those that completed that stage a couple of weeks ago.

I'm through to the next round - here's waiting for the etray

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

Just checked my messages and no results for me yet.

Hi folks,

I've searched the thread to to no avail so hoping someone can help out here??

I'm wondering who is the service provider for the e-tray exercise?

Thanks,

P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Crimson_Ghost

I didn't make it through the video interview to etray unfortunately.

Thanks to all in the thread for the help through this process and good luck going forward.

Leadership: 35
    Management: 41
    Judgement:50

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mbwb

Thanks to all in the thread for the help through this process and good luck going forward.

Sorry to hear that, hard luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Maria2605

Hi folks,

I've searched the thread to to no avail so hoping someone can help out here??

I'm wondering who is the service provider for the e-tray exercise?

Thanks,

P

Hi there, the provider for the e-tray is PSI as far as I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AMR_83

Hi all, new to the thread.... so will take me a while to catch up! :)

I was notified yesterday that I passed the video interview (delighted!) and have been invited to the e-tray exercise. This is my first time going for a Public Jobs Comp (I'm coming from the private sector) -- would be SO appreciative if folks had any key tips for the exercise, how to prep (???), what their looking for, etc. Thanks so much, this is a whole new world for me LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 HelloPeeps

It's worth reading back through this thread for some tips, in particular post #1415 is great.

It seems this etray is a little different to previous ones as it seems to be more a range of quick fire tasks, rather than a few small ones and a bigger one, such as a memo.

There is also a previous thread on the 2018 competition - if you search etray on that you might pick up some useful info.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nicole2020

AMR_83 wrote: »
    Hi all, new to the thread.... so will take me a while to catch up! :)

I was notified yesterday that I passed the video interview (delighted!) and have been invited to the e-tray exercise. This is my first time going for a Public Jobs Comp (I'm coming from the private sector) -- would be SO appreciative if folks had any key tips for the exercise, how to prep (???), what their looking for, etc. Thanks so much, this is a whole new world for me LOL!

Well done on getting to the next stage! I am coming from private sector and have never done a competition like this before so like you, whole new world! Some great tips in this thread already so definitely read through.

From my own experience (I have passed the etray and interview), I felt I was overwhelmed with all the information and trying to take notes / take it all in. I think I had about 14 emails when I opened the e-tray and some had a couple of long attachments etc. At first I thought I might be able to respond with some insights into the data etc. But realised I was running out of time and then it was a panic to reply to everything / update calendars etc. I would focus on short replies advising if you can or can’t attend a meeting, suggesting a postponement where appropriate until you have time to read through everything etc. Or sending the correct person on your behalf (you will be supplied with an organisational chart and a brief overview of your teams strengths and weaknesses).

I delegated a lot in the end. But in my email I mentioned that I read they might be best suited to this (trying to show my reasoning for delegating to this person). Similarily I pushed back on the team in some instances and encouraged them to speak to each other about issues and keep me informed but not offering to fix it for them; if that makes sense?

Someone else mentioned they used drafts to compose replies to each email and then not sending until they read everything. Definitely a good tip and I wish I’d thought of it as I did have to send second emails later in the exercise correcting myself.

Apologies, this might be a little long winded, I hope it makes sense?

HelloPeeps wrote: »
    It's worth reading back through this thread for some tips, in particular post #1415 is great.

It seems this etray is a little different to previous ones as it seems to be more a range of quick fire tasks, rather than a few small ones and a bigger one, such as a memo.

There is also a previous thread on the 2018 competition - if you search etray on that you might pick up some useful info.

Thanks a lot!

Nicole2020 wrote: »
    Well done on getting to the next stage! I am coming from private sector and have never done a competition like this before so like you, whole new world! Some great tips in this thread already so definitely read through.

From my own experience (I have passed the etray and interview), I felt I was overwhelmed with all the information and trying to take notes / take it all in. I think I had about 14 emails when I opened the e-tray and some had a couple of long attachments etc. At first I thought I might be able to respond with some insights into the data etc. But realised I was running out of time and then it was a panic to reply to everything / update calendars etc. I would focus on short replies advising if you can or can’t attend a meeting, suggesting a postponement where appropriate until you have time to read through everything etc. Or sending the correct person on your behalf (you will be supplied with an organisational chart and a brief overview of your teams strengths and weaknesses).

I delegated a lot in the end. But in my email I mentioned that I read they might be best suited to this (trying to show my reasoning for delegating to this person). Similarily I pushed back on the team in some instances and encouraged them to speak to each other about issues and keep me informed but not offering to fix it for them; if that makes sense?

Someone else mentioned they used drafts to compose replies to each email and then not sending until they read everything. Definitely a good tip and I wish I’d thought of it as I did have to send second emails later in the exercise correcting myself.

Apologies, this might be a little long winded, I hope it makes sense?

Congrats on passing those stages. Did you get a placement?
    Really appreciate you taking the time to reply with your experience / tips.... it DOES make sense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nicole2020

AMR_83 wrote: »
    Congrats on passing those stages. Did you get a placement?
    Really appreciate you taking the time to reply with your experience / tips.... it DOES make sense!

Thanks so much and delighted it makes sense. If you have any other questions, feel free to message me on here!

No placement yet, I’m in batch 2.2 with 13 on the order of merit so I think it might be around April or so, we’ll see!

Advertisement