Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smilelife experience

Options
  • 20-01-2021 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi

Has anyone used smilelife for braces/clear aligners. What's was your experience, would you recommend them.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Pablo_

HI, I have my impression kit and online appointment in the morning (only €9) and made it clear I was not under any obligation to commit to purchasing.

I cant say what it is exactly, but when you read the reviews on Trust Pilot, ALL, and literally ALL, the positive reviews are from people who have just ordered or received their new aligner and "are happy with the service so far" ... the only negative reviews are from people who have actually went the whole hog and some call it a scam and some say the plastic aligner is far too flimsy to last 6 months. I think I will stay clear of them, seems too cheap and too focused on the initial review. There is one review saying you are practically coerced into reviewing them at time of appointment in front of their 'dentists'... gut feeling not good

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Righty

razor12345 wrote: »
    Hi

Has anyone used smilelife for braces/clear aligners. What's was your experience, would you recommend them.

Cheers
    So I'm not a dentist or orthodontist this is just my opinion and I've come to it from my own research, I really don't think them 6 month smile braces ever really work, you have go think about long term, your teeth won't stay in place if they've only been grafted over 6 months, they'll almost certainly go back to their original place. Another point is I believe if you have overcrowding your orthodontist needs to decide which teeth to have extracted if you don't extract teeth when you have overcrowding you will still get a nice smile but over time it'll deteriorate and could cause the situation to become even worse than before you got the aligners. I looked into all of this myself before getting braces because I thought it'd save me money but decided to go for traditional ones when I did my research.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

These at home DIY aligner kits are a bad idea. In theory they can work, but in reality the aligners are given to everyone suitable or not, some body you never met decides the plan, and at worse you can damage your teeth badly and permenently.

I dont do any braces, I dont want to, but I would caution any person to stop trying to save a buck with this stuff, and if your serious get a proper professional who would never allow you to take your own impression or consult you online to do your braces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Better to pay more for invisalign with an experienced dentist/ortho.

You may need teeth removed, IPR, an adjusted set of aligners, retention bars when complete.
    You'll definitely need a retainer when complete.

Advertisement