Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Axion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,747 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Ironically high Eth value and activity is hurting the crypto moon shot market. A lot of people put e.g. 100 quid into these types of coins in the hopes of hitting a "100x", however the current bull fees just kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The current gas fees has caused me to sell any left over liquid axion I had.
    It wasnt worth re-staking since it was just a small amount.

Has anyone here experimented with using Gas tokens to reduce the gas fees like Chi Gas?
    This video explains the idea, you have to buy a gas token for around 1 dollar but it seems to cut your gas fees in half.

I didnt search the discord but they might have suggested this there already.

Hopefully this gets integrated with Metamask as the 1inch DEX aggregator has.
    ZKSwaps also doing a test of their platform at the moment, might be worth taking part. You'll get airdropped ZKS as a reward. Once Uniswap/DEX volume switches to zkRollups transaction fees will shoot down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I forgot to include the link to video on reducing gas fees.
    https://youtu.be/n4wrBIqXJIU

It costs a few dollars to enable the chi gas and you need to allow whatever page your on spend infinite chi gas if your going to use the page regularly.
    So in the case of axion you would allow the staking page to spend infinitly.

Anyway it only cuts gas by half. It needs to be more like 75% reduction + to allow small holders to stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I ran out of patience with Axion. I hope it does come good but right now the losses being made by holding it are unsustainable and I've flogged everything bar my year long stake.

I don't have enough AXN to make staking viable so it is just sitting there. Have been trying to stake for a few weeks but it is so expensive. €25 to stake today, prob same to take it out means I can't make enough interest to even cover the cost of staking.

Looking at the loss compared to holding the ETH. When I put in ETH, it was worth €300. If I just held ETH Today that would be over €1100. My Axion has lost about half it's worth in the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Tango One

I ran out of patience with Axion. I hope it does come good but right now the losses being made by holding it are unsustainable and I've flogged everything bar my year long stake.

I don't have enough AXN to make staking viable so it is just sitting there. Have been trying to stake for a few weeks but it is so expensive. €25 to stake today, prob same to take it out means I can't make enough interest to even cover the cost of staking.

Looking at the loss compared to holding the ETH. When I put in ETH, it was worth €300. If I just held ETH Today that would be over €1100. My Axion has lost about half it's worth in the same time.

It's a bit of lotto ticket with this one and is really tough to hold on with the current bull going on. It could be two or three years before this goes anywhere. The one thing I do give the team major credit is they came through that mess of a launch and didn't quit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

It's hard to hold something when looking at a 'loss' vs another project. But you had the same amoint of AXN as the day you bought it, by selling you now have about a quarter of the ETH. Patience is key. I still have 100% faith in this project and can't wait until the venture auctions start.

Little bit of life in this one today, I've a few quid stuck too expensive to withdraw or restake at the moment.

Tango One wrote: »
    Little bit of life in this one today, I've a few quid stuck too expensive to withdraw or restake at the moment.

Supposedly fees for staking etc will be removed completely in the next few weeks. They are tying in with Matic Network on this apparently. I'm not sure on the exact details.

A detailed announcement on developments over the next 3 to 4 weeks were announced on Friday which has seen the spike in price over the last 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Don't know about Axion, but I'm making a lot farming ducks atm.

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Don't know about Axion, but I'm making a lot farming ducks atm.

I've no idea what that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I've no idea what that is.

https://duckdao.io/

I still have a few quid stuck in axion too expensive to claim back from a stake. The price is really taking a hammering. When I do try to unstake it says I will lost x amount of axion even when my 30 day stake is well up.

Guaranteed if I do sell it will shout up lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dougal0691

I still have a few quid stuck in axion too expensive to claim back from a stake. The price is really taking a hammering. When I do try to unstake it says I will lost x amount of axion even when my 30 day stake is well up.

Guaranteed if I do sell it will shout up lol.

you have a 30 day stake that is finished long ago?
    there's a 14 day grace period when your stake is up then you start getting penalised.

from the axion website "There is also a Late Unstake Penalty if you leave your stake unattended after your stake is completed. After the 14 day grace period you are penalized 0.143% per day that the stake is not closed."

dougal0691 wrote: »
    there's a 14 day grace period when your stake is up then you start getting penalised.

from the axion website "There is also a Late Unstake Penalty if you leave your stake unattended after your stake is completed. After the 14 day grace period you are penalized 0.143% per day that the stake is not closed."
    That a load of crap it somewhere between 70 to 100 to do anything with it. The stake finished stat of January. Really the gas is killing this.

Gas fees are a killer right now, it's a big problem for ETH at the moment. It's locking a lot of smaller investers out of trading.

For anyone with unclaimed expired stakes or any unmatured short to medium term AXN stakes, next week the Axion team are offering everyone an opportunity to roll those stakes over into 5555 stakes for free (I think via a refund of gas fees). Your original principal and interest will be rolled up into one long term 5555 day stake.

As well as saving the gas fees the benefit of this for the staker is that you will be able to receive a better share rate and get all the liquid divs (immediate deposit to your wallet) from the venture auction when it starts, for the entire length of the stake.

dougal0691 wrote: »

Is that on the principle or interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dougal0691

Is that on the principle or interest?

Read the whitepaper. principle plus interest. works out at 1% per week.

A little update below from Discord on this project as the Venture Capital initiative is about to launch. I'm hoping we start to see nice steady price movement now. It seems to have found it's support and has been fairly steady for a while.

@everyone

The behind the scenes work happening at Axion right now is staggering.

The team has never been as productive as right now.

We are actively scaling the Axion team dramatically and adding mass-amounts of new professionalism to the opperation. This includes the recent hires of:

1) The dedicated SEO firm Denver Digital, who will be supercharging the marketing efforts of the upcoming Venture Auction

2) Our new creative director Joel Gerlach who has worked on “The Avengers”, “X-Men”, “Captain America” and more to launch our branding, marketing and educational materials to the next level. We are already started on multiple professional-grade Axion explainer videos and tutorials to easily onboard the “normies” once they land on the Axion website.

3) Bringing Brian Newbright into a full-time role of Chief Strategy and Marketing Officer, where he has excelled in bringing the total amount of 5555 stakes to 63 BILLION Axion, as well as setting up the board of directors and strong go-to market strategies for promoting the Venture Auctions to the masses.

The Venture Auctions are now completed. We are in the process of auditing, and anticipate the audits to take 7-10 days. Our anticipated go-live date for the Venture Auctions is March 12th. This date is tentative of the audits being completed on-time. At that time, marketing is kicking into high-gear, and we are throwing a massive amount of capital to onboard newcomers into Axion through the ability to stake and earn free Bitcoin divs.

Near-simultaneously, we have developed a full upgrade to the UI of the staking/auction portal that will be ready to go live as well. It looks absolutely phenomenal. In addition, the long awaited updated whitepeper will be live, with full mathematical formulas and predictions. The reason the whitepaper has taken as long as it has, is because we have been running countless actual simulations on the long-term performance of the ecosystem based on historical metrics. This is likely an industry first.

Over the last couple months, Axion has been a coiled spring.
    The Venture Auction scheduled for March 12th is when it all takes off.

Axion.Today, Axion.Stats, a weekly live stream, VA auctions, and going full power with a highly experienced and professional marketing team. It all kicks off March 12th.

Get Ready.

There was a nice 50% gain here since this post yesterday. I'm really hoping to see things take off once the VCA launches on the 12th, and people start earning free WBTC on their stakes.

The https://axion.today/ website is great for tracking everything that is going on in this project. Total % of tokens staked, average staked amounts and lengths, daily auction bids. It automatically highlights when new stakes are made, when stakes expire etc.

The shear amount of tokens staked is incredible. A hair shy of 200Bn from a total supply of 265Bn tokens.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

I staked 4.2 million for 5555 days and axion paid the GAS.
    Not sure how long to stake the rest of my AXN.

• Advertisement

joe250 wrote: »
    I staked 4.2 million for 5555 days and axion paid the GAS.
    Not sure how long to stake the rest of my AXN.

I have about 50% staked for 5555 and the other 50% is staked until October (just before the first Big Pay Day hits). I'm hoping for a nice price rise between now and then and I'll cash that in.

The 5555 stake will hopefully keep some nice liquid BTC dividends coming in over the next few years.

Another bumps today, its still driving me nuts I have funds stuck between unstaking, I was half tempted to pay the $100 fee to unstake.

Another bumps today, its still driving me nuts I have funds stuck between unstaking, I was half tempted to pay the $100 fee to unstake.

How many AXN are waiting to be claimed? Late withdrawal penalties have been frozen because of the high gas costs to allow people wait for ETH fees to come down. You could pay the fee to upgrade to max shares? Stake for 5555 and collect the BTC divs.

There is 198ETH ($308,000) bid in today's auction. An extra 2Bn tokens have been staked since yesterday. 201.8Bn out of 264Bn now staked. One investor staked 500m tokens today ($137,000). Confidence in this project is growing significantly and marketing is just about to get a HUGE push.

It's not much a little over a million but looking at it I'm down around 7% when I try to reclaim its still showing you will lose x amount.

It's not much a little over a million but looking at it I'm down around 7% when I try to reclaim its still showing you will lose x amount.

Play around with the Axion calculator to see what type of return you could get back from staking.

https://axioncalc.com/

Adjust the Axion price to 1c and you will see that even a 1m stake could return some nice dividends after the venture capital auctions start.

Some simple explainer videos on Axion, how to buy it and how to stake posted on the below website for anyone who might be interested. Brian 'Punky' Newbright is part of the Axion team and is heavily involved in the strategy and math behind the VCA launch.

https://www.punkynomics.com/

100% increase since my update on Wednesday. The work going on behind the scenes here is unreal.

Sitting at .00041c now and I am positive it gets to .01c before the end of 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭RodVelvet

Does it work out cheaper to buy Axion in the Auctions at the minute?

RodVelvet wrote: »
    Does it work out cheaper to buy Axion in the Auctions at the minute?

It depends day to day how many people are bidding into the auctions. The bid page tells you clearly at the time of entering your bid if the auction or Uniswap offers better value. But you could have additional ETH added to the auction in the last hour that makes the auction worse value. That happened a lot early on with the auctions but they seem to have ironed themselves out now as people have come to grips with them.

The 10% bonus from buying at the auction is being removed next week.

• Advertisement

+170% up over the last 7 days. 6 days straight with nice consistent gains. Price now is .00055c. A lot of profit still to be made between here to .01c(which is my target) and beyond.

The staking rewards with the Venture Capital auctions are going to make some serious passive income.

I've been highlighting this project for months and getting shot down by a small few. I hope the others who bought in have/will enjoy some nice profits.

Advertisement