Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sunday Spin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Buy yourself a set of handguards off a KTM 690
    Very good protection and cheap as chips too.
    I stuck a set on the 990sm.
    Big difference indeed.

Then buy yourself a set of RST heated gloves.

How do they differ from the 990 handguards ? are they just a straight swap ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Which hand guards? I use mitts but I hate them. They fold down at motorway speeds and im nervous about them pushing on the front brake.

I have cheapo Chinese hand guards and the mitts over them...no issues at speed and toasty hands...nothing worse than cold hands...

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Japcati2020

D3V!L wrote: »
    How do they differ from the 990 handguards ? are they just a straight swap ?

Straight swap,just a very slight tweak on the brake m/c to make em fit.
    They do make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It's called highlighting a charity,a hospital and a good cause,and getting more and more people to attend and make the sick kids smile.

Before event - complete radio silence

After event - WHERE WHERE YIZ??? :P

Life ain't always empty.

Tuesday spin.
    5k spin today,coffee and a walk for my exercise.
    A very mild 8 degrees c too.
    539284.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Wednesday spin.
    5m spin to other side of garage today, green tea and a wa*k for exercise.
    A very mild 9 deg c too.

:D

H_Lime wrote: »
    Wednesday spin.
    5m spin to other side of garage today, green tea and a wa*k for exercise.
    A very mild 9 deg c too.

:D

Fair play to you.

Well I'm out and about this morning.
    Used the bike and scooter for essential business matters and to go get some parts too.
    Lovely mild morning out on the bike.
    Coffee to go too.
    Happy Days indeed.

Fair play to you.

Well I'm out and about this morning.
    Used the bike and scooter for essential business matters and to go get some parts too.
    Lovely mild morning out on the bike.
    Coffee to go too.
    Happy Days indeed.

And fair play unto you too.

I too am out and about this morning and afternoon.
    Used my feet and the van for essential business matters. I nipped into Dunnes and got a hand cut melon & grape fruit pot for two euro and a pickled vegatable, endamane beans, black rice and buckwheat salad bowl. For desert I got nestle's lindahls kvarg white chocolate yoghurt. I felt bad about choosing that as nestle as kunts but it's got 17g of protein and is low fat and sugar. They didn't have fage in small pots so what's a guy to do?
    Here's a picture
    IMG-20210113-124606.jpg
    I concur that it is indeed a lovely mild day fir the feet and the van.
    Green tea and sparkling water to go.
    Happy Days Indeed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭blade1

F*ckin' Mary Berry and Prue Leith above! :pac:

Essential duties today,was kindly asked to help out on some essential visits today and delivering supplies to them
    Allways nice to help others out.:)

539338.jpg

539339.jpg

539340.jpg

• Advertisement

And fair play unto you too.

I too am out and about this morning and afternoon.
    Used my feet and the van for essential business matters. I nipped into Dunnes and got a hand cut melon & grape fruit pot for two euro and a pickled vegatable, endamane beans, black rice and buckwheat salad bowl. For desert I got nestle's lindahls kvarg white chocolate yoghurt. I felt bad about choosing that as nestle as kunts but it's got 17g of protein and is low fat and sugar. They didn't have fage in small pots so what's a guy to do?
    Here's a picture
    IMG-20210113-124606.jpg
    I concur that it is indeed a lovely mild day fir the feet and the van.
    Green tea and sparkling water to go.
    Happy Days Indeed:)

Shame you couldn't use your motorbike for all them items.......

1 more pic on me way home.
    Nice end to the day.
    539346.jpg

Shame you couldn't use your motorbike for all them items.......

Remember, not everyone is from your planet
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115405775&postcount=2831

Careful whilst out on your essential photorally. I certainty don't wish it on you Paddy but if you bin it and take a bed from someone else needing it you'll elevate yourself to new found notoriety.....or perhaps there's no such thing as bad publicity as far yer concerned?
    Stay safe, and upright:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

1 more pic on me way home.
    Nice end to the day.
    539346.jpg

Jesus, where do ya live, the source of the Nile?

Remember, not everyone is from your planet
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115405775&postcount=2831

Careful whilst out on your essential photorally. I certainty don't wish it on you Paddy but if you bin it and take a bed from someone else needing it you'll elevate yourself to new found notoriety.....or perhaps there's no such thing as bad publicity as far yer concerned?
    Stay safe, and upright:)

Was actually out delivering supplies to some people in need,due to their day centres being closed due to staff shortages over the last few days.
    Was asked to help out so I did.
    Took some time to myself on the way home to relax.

539360.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Zebbedee

Was actually out delivering supplies to some people in need,due to their day centres being closed due to staff shortages over the last few days.
    Was asked to help out so I did.
    Took some time to myself on the way home to relax.

Just curious, are you getting stopped much and asked for proof of your essential journeys?
    I have a letter from my employer stating I can travel to/from and during work but I've never been asked to produce it.
    I have been stopped and asked where I'm going and coming from but nothing more than that.
    I see lot's of people are getting fined now for non-essential journeys.

I'm front line and I had to produce the letter twice this wk. I catch two or three checkpoints daily on average. I wouldn't be happy to be out without it as you could get a pricky copper and I've had one such example this wk already.

I'm front line and I had to produce the letter twice this wk. I catch two or three checkpoints daily on average. I wouldn't be happy to be out without it as you could get a pricky copper and I've had one such example this wk already.

What did he/she say?

Zebbedee wrote: »
    What did he/she say?

There were questions above and beyond "where are you going". When I told him where he thought it was closed. I explained it wasn't and he then asked about the letter. When I showed him that I was asked about the nct being out of date, to which I agreed it was because the minister for transport delayed it and he wanted proof there too.
    In isolation all fair requests but if perhaps I was parked on the santry overpass taking a shot of my van blocking the path with the rozzers checking traffic on the M1 in the background things migh not have went so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Breezin

Met the same checkpoint twice yesterday in Ringsend, once on the way to work (essential) and then coming back. Waved through each time, but the first chap stopped the hooligan in front of me on a moped. :D

• Advertisement

Breezin wrote: »
    Met the same checkpoint twice yesterday in Ringsend, once on the way to work (essential) and then coming back. Waved through each time, but the first chap stopped the hooligan in front of me on a moped. :D

Ye, I haven't been stopped at a checkpoint while on the bike yet. Not sure why but they wave me on everytime. I get stopped in the car of course.

I was asked about the nct being out of date, to which I agreed it was because the minister for transport delayed it and he wanted proof there too.

Yeah he was being an arse there all right.
    Thousands of people have had their NCT's cancelled recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

There were questions above and beyond "where are you going". When I told him where he thought it was closed. I explained it wasn't and he then asked about the letter. When I showed him that I was asked about the nct being out of date, to which I agreed it was because the minister for transport delayed it and he wanted proof there too.
    In isolation all fair requests but if perhaps I was parked on the santry overpass taking a shot of my van blocking the path with the rozzers checking traffic on the M1 in the background things migh not have went so well.

Mark a point off looking at his number...if he asks ,tell him you're going to make a complaint....if you're essential then he should get a slap for it...plenty out there flouting the regulations..;)

Ahh I'd say he wasnt the only one being a bit cunty, was tired and not in the mood for another inquisition from the five o. If I'd have flashed a grin and given him the ah sure jaysis yer doin a great job and is isn't the world gone mad I'd have gotten waved on.

ah sure jaysis yer doin a great job and is isn't the world gone mad I'd have gotten waved on.

100% me whenever I see a guard. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Anyone about tmrw for a spin? Nothing planned as of yet, I’m north Kildare so not pushed about where we go, I’d bow to the more knowledgeable members here if any suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Not tomorrow man, but I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, hoping to get out a decent bit once May is done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

would love a good oul spin once the intercounty stuff is allowed. Would be good to put faces to names, and catch up with those of you i know from before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I'd be up for a spin once the county restrictions are lifted.

• Advertisement

Anyone about tmrw for a spin? Nothing planned as of yet, I’m north Kildare so not pushed about where we go, I’d bow to the more knowledgeable members here if any suggestions

I'm kildare based too but not out tomorrow, not that it makes a difference as the inter County travel will be back soon.

Maybe we'll do a long over due boards meet this year. Been a long time since the last one. I'll have to get the permission slip signed but I'll be chomping at the bit to get out for a proper blast after May 10th.

Advertisement