Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Damned

Options
  • 29-09-2020 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭

The Damned are going to make an announcement in three weeks time that will no doubt freak out Damned fans. Round about 21st October 2020.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Can't say I ever really got into them. My mate used to nicknock Dave Vanian's gaff when he was a kid in London in the 70's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

dregin wrote: »
    Can't say I ever really got into them. My mate used to nicknock Dave Vanian's gaff when he was a kid in London in the 70's.

Damned Damned Damned and machine gun etiquette are things of genius

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭bullpost

Oirginal line-up back together for a tour:

https://www.aegpresents.co.uk/events/detail/the-damned-6/?cid=AEGPRESUK_THEDAMNED_TOUR_SOCIAL_DMNEDTW_21102020_SPND_

Saw them in The Academy a while back - good show.

New Rose still sounds as fresh today as the day it was released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It feels like they are the only band of that era who still have a surviving original line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

bullpost wrote: »
    Oirginal line-up back together for a tour:

https://www.aegpresents.co.uk/events/detail/the-damned-6/?cid=AEGPRESUK_THEDAMNED_TOUR_SOCIAL_DMNEDTW_21102020_SPND_

Saw them in The Academy a while back - good show.

New Rose still sounds as fresh today as the day it was released.

aye, that was the announcement

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

It feels like they are the only band of that era who still have a surviving original line up.

Cock Sparrer started 4 years earlier and still have all of their original members. Not sure if they were ever part of the 76/77 thing, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭smurke

maccored wrote: »
    The Damned are going to make an announcement in three weeks time that will no doubt freak out Damned fans. Round about 21st October 2020.

How did you know about this so early?

smurke wrote: »
    How did you know about this so early?

I've known Mr Millar for years. He rang and told me.

first gigs eventually happened - Friday night's was brilliant

Advertisement