Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

why Ireland has no reported recovered case?

• 14-04-2020 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

why Ireland has no reported recovered case

Please check this table in bing coronavirus.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,969 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Is that a statement or question?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

jimmy40604 wrote: »

erm, we do...
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/ireland/
    Pardon?

We have reported cases of recoveries. It would've been quicker for you to Google that than to start a new thread.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I was wondering about that myself, seen it in a few places. Obviously people are recovering, so perhaps the HSE just doesn't report on recoveries for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,393 ✭✭✭✭kippy

MarkR wrote: »
    I was wondering about that myself, seen it in a few places. Obviously people are recovering, so perhaps the HSE just doesn't report on recoveries for some reason?

Recoveries aren't being reported. The number on the website above isn't accurate.

• Advertisement

Recoveries need to test negative for a certain amount of days. There's likely a few thousand recovered who can't be reported as recovered.
    We can't devote resources to testing those who are recovering :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Wasn’t there a Cork man on the TV the other night who caught it in New York and recovered?

Meanwhile the J1 types wearing their Hollister went skiing in Italy for photos to post Instagram and Tinder. Those clowns knew it was spreading in Italy, still went there and brought it back.

Worth it for the 20 photo likes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I'm sure they want to clear the backlog before running a few thousand new tests through too early. It takes a good few weeks to be showing no sign of corona.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Mav11

First we had 5 recoveries for awhile and now it has been stuck at 25 for a few weeks. I was told, that it was due to GDPR, which I don't believe for a minute!! Coincidentally, I see that the UK recovery figures have changed to N/A recently!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Recoveries while nice to see, volumes for it don't really add much worth.

We only really need 2 high level metrics for the public.

Date of positive results, based on when the sample was taken, not on when the results was received. This will allow us to see the growth of it.

How many died per day, by age, gender, underlying conditions and if possible how long we know they were infected for.

• Advertisement

Recoveries while nice to see, volumes for it don't really add much worth.

We only really need 2 high level metrics for the public.

Date of positive results, based on when the sample was taken, not on when the results was received. This will allow us to see the growth of it.

How many died per day, by age, gender, underlying conditions and if possible how long we know they were infected for.

We don't get to see that do we?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Augeo wrote: »
    We don't get to see that do we?

Nope, they only seem to give us numbers based on when results are in. So it's going to seem higher for a short period, because of the work that Lab in Germany is also doing.

Indeed, they do report the German results separately and state they are "old" or something to that effect.

When looking at data or a summary, "old" doesnt tell you anything and the trend is still solely based on the results submission.

Advertisement