Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Avengers: Endgame [** SPOILERS FROM POST 613 **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Mickeroo wrote: »
    He seemed to be stuck in the after credits scene but it doesn't really matter he was always going to be in this so an explanation will likely be given either through exposition or showing us what happened.

It looks like some time passes between the Snap and Ant-Man coming back.

1. Steve is clean shaven - a small thing but I doubt shaving was on his immediate priority list after the snap.
    2. We see a pic of Scott when they are talking about people lost - if that isn't a misdirection itself they won't have called him gone immediately. So there has to be some time where they are trying to find him.

Given Scott gets trapped at the exact moment of the snap, there are a few events that seem they need to take place before he gets to the Avengers HQ.

Also Clint has come out of retirement and become Ronin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Why did Black Widow transform into Emily Blunt?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,972 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Sparko wrote: »
    I missed that the first time, only saw Scott and Peter Parker and didn't notice it was Shuri there before it changed.

So as far as they knew Scott was on earth during the snap - but what about Peter? Do they know Peter was with Tony?

If they did, any they have him marked as gone does that mean it is after Tony has come back? Tony and Nebula would be the only ones that know Peter got snapped.

Are they saying Peter is gone cause they can't find him, or cause they know he got snapped...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭Penn

So as far as they knew Scott was on earth during the snap - but what about Peter? Do they know Peter was with Tony?

If they did, any they have him marked as gone does that mean it is after Tony has come back? Tony and Nebula would be the only ones that know Peter got snapped.

Are they saying Peter is gone cause they can't find him, or cause they know he got snapped...

They know Tony went into space as he told Pepper before they lost communication when on Ebony Maw's ship, but Tony didn't know Peter was on board too, so chances are the remaining Avengers didn't know Peter was with Tony and therefore think he died in the snap on Earth (as opposed to on Titan).

There'd be almost no way of knowing who did or didn't die in the Snap other than who is still missing after a few days. They might believe there's a chance Tony might still be alive if Pepper survived the Snap and told them Tony was on the spaceship, but everyone else is probably just presumed to have been snapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Tefral

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Tefral wrote: »

My honest hope is that Pepper is written out of the movie all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Arcsurvivor

Cap without his beard and the dust reforming in the title end was a nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,849 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

piuixcj3ikwcfq2l4lsz.png

Releases on April 26th 2019

Has the release been brought forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has the release been brought forward?

Just in the US , it was always coming out here on April 26th

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,930 ✭✭✭fitz

pixelburp wrote: »
    Trailer 1 is always the flavour, it's trailer 2 where you get the sauce. Which, depending on the studio, could mean a LOT of sauce (read, plot and spoilers).

Wouldn't it be great if this was only trailer they released? It's not like they really need to market this movie, everyone's going to go see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

The title of the film is "Avengers: Endgame", not "Avengers: End Game", as in this thread's title. "Endgame" is one word. Not a huge fan of these superhero films, but I did manage to catch that pretty huge blunder.

The title of the film is "Avengers: Endgame", not "Avengers: End Game", as in this thread's title. "Endgame" is one word. Not a huge fan of these superhero films, but I did manage to catch that pretty huge blunder.
    Thanks for that life altering insight, Frank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Thanks for that life altering insight, Frank.
    Which is definitely what I was going for, "life altering insight". Yup. I don't believe one post in this thread will contain "life altering insight", but we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Updated the thread title. Didn’t even notice that I had spelled it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I think there could be a mid-movie time jump. I'm probably wrong but here is my rationale:

- I doubt Tony will be hanging around on Titan with Nebula for long. So I assume he'll end up on that ship soon after the end of Infinity War

- When Scott Lang appears at the end of the trailer, Cap appears shocked and asks if this is old footage. This suggests that he was considered dead. It would take some time for a list of all the victims of the snap to be compiled, lets say six months. Nat's hair looks longer too.

So assuming Tony wasn't floating around in space or chilling on Titan for six months, this indicates some kind of mid-movie time jump.

I could be completely wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

anyone see this....

very interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chW0k_Dm89M

Strange's connection to the Time stone and Cap looking at Peggy's photo screams time jump at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Strange's connection to the Time stone and Cap looking at Peggy's photo screams time jump at me.

stranges connection in the trailer??

mrmorgan wrote: »

stranges connection in the trailer??
    No, in the first movie. "It was the only way"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,527 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Why Bother going to see this. The last film was terrible, it was predictable and was way overhyped. We already know what happens in this one Iron Man dies in Peppers arms and half the Universe's population has been wiped out by the boring megalomaniac with the rings.
    Certainly not on my list of film's to see next year. Going to skip it thanks but no thanks.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

AMKC wrote: »
    Why Bother going to see this. The last film was terrible, it was predictable and was way overhyped. We already know what happens in this one Iron Man dies in Peppers arms and half the Universe's population has been wiped out by the boring megalomaniac with the rings.
    Certainly not on my list of film's to see next year. Going to skip it thanks but no thanks.

Why bother posting in the thread if you're not even going to see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Penn wrote: »
    I think it actually makes sense. We saw on the screens Banner was looking at that they thought Scott had been killed in the Snap (aka
    'The Decimation'
    according to sources). The fact that now Scott has somehow returned gives them a bit of hope, a sign that maybe somehow, what happened can be reversed or people brought back. While the rest of the trailer is them beaten, lost, largely aimless... Scott somehow coming back (seemingly after a decent period of time if Cap's first reaction was to question whether it was an old recording) is the glimmer of hope that will give them something to fight for.

Admittedly, the tone of it is jarring considering the rest of the trailer, but I think it works.

I might be wrong here (only saw it once) but I thought at the end of ant man and the wasp
    Scott didn't disappear at the thanos finger click, he was just trapped in the quantum realm as the 3 people with him operating machinery etc did turn to dust? The question isn't then how did he come back from being turned to dust..because he didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Looks amazing love Paul Rudd and Jeremy Renner damn someone freeze me put me in a coma I don't care just don't make me wait 5 months for this. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,884 ✭✭✭paulbok

fitz wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be great if this was only trailer they released? It's not like they really need to market this movie, everyone's going to go see it.

Think there was around 12.5 minutes altogether from all the trailers for IW.
    Mind you some of that was a mis-direct on the plot. Would expect the same again.
    Most of that trailer would have to be early on in the movie, so as previously mentioned, the next trailer should have more reveals in it.
    The second official trailer was in mid March so probably can expect the same time frame this time as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Because not all of us thought it was ****e..

I can't wait, all aboard the hype train.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Because not all of us thought it was ****e..

I can't wait, all aboard the hype train.

Indeed. Choo ****ing choo!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm convinced, I think I'll skip it too. Thanks for opening my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

gmisk wrote: »
    I might be wrong here (only saw it once) but I thought at the end of ant man and the wasp
    Scott didn't disappear at the thanos finger click, he was just trapped in the quantum realm as the 3 people with him operating machinery etc did turn to dust? The question isn't then how did he come back from being turned to dust..because he didn't
    Yeah, I wonder are the people on the list they are viewing assumed dead because they are missing, or will they have worked out a formula because the snap wasn't as random as Thanos expected. If the former, then they shouldn't be that surprised at someone thought dead showing up, but if the latter then it means that
    anything in the quantum realm was out of reach of the snap and the Infinity Stones
    , which could give a
    non-time travelling
    way to deal with the outcome of the snap. Potential options to not be as obvious as it seems to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Johnmb wrote: »
    Yeah, I wonder are the people on the list they are viewing assumed dead because they are missing, or will they have worked out a formula because the snap wasn't as random as Thanos expected. If the former, then they shouldn't be that surprised at someone thought dead showing up, but if the latter then it means that
    anything in the quantum realm was out of reach of the snap and the Infinity Stones
    , which could give a
    non-time travelling
    way to deal with the outcome of the snap. Potential options to not be as obvious as it seems to be...

I think the simpler answer is the right one here. The assumed he died in the snap and were therefore surprised to see him knocking on the door.

Regarding the quantum realm theory, we have a sample size of one (Ant-Man) so there's not much to go on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭abcabc123123

I think there could be a mid-movie time jump. I'm probably wrong but here is my rationale:
    Various photos from the set suggest to me that there may be several. Of course they could just be filming flashbacks or BARFing... but I reckon we could see Ant-Man escaping the quantum realm via a time vortex and emerging in the future. His daughter fills him in on the history and then he starts jumping back to various periods to try to change it.

Advertisement