Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Celebrity Slim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭LittleBear

emma0808 wrote: »
    Hi again..
    atm im 11stone 5 pounds and i want be 10stone..
    started yest and it isnt as hard as i imagined but just out of curiosity want to know approx how long it will take me to shift the 1 stone and a half?

Hey Emma,
    I noticed you posted two comments there with no reply yet. As we started the same day im just wondering how are u getting on so far? Good or Bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Fatloss08 wrote: »
    bit harsh leah , but yeah some people should research more

not all diets are the same

these boards are full of negative responses never " best of luck let us know how well u do " etc

always , these are c.r.a.p etc

each to there own i suppose

a lot of the responses that might come across as being negative might also be made out of genuine concern and peoples own past experiences ... I doubt that anyone can argue that some of the diets posted are severely lacking in calories and are basically crash diets ... The effects are slowed metabolism, lack of energy and more importantly muscle loss ... If someone is determined to drop their calorie intake that much why not just eat 1000 (or whatever number) cal per day of fruit / veg and lean protein?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Leahsim wrote: »

Morning: shake
    Mid morning: piece of fruit
    Lunch: shake/Bar
    Afternoon: nuts/fruit/slice cheese
    Evening: chicken stirfry with plenty veg/ Beef stroganoff with plenty veg/omlette with mushrooms tomatoes onions salad,

If there is one thing to these shakes, people seem to be religiously giving up crisps, chocolate, fizzy drinks etc. That cannot be bad. Also mid morning and afternoon snacks seem to be good as does the evening meal: all perfectly healthy and exactly the kind of thing everyone here would reccomend.

Why not just give up the shakes and replace breakfast with something like an omelette or porridge? and have something like a chicken or tuna salad for lunch? Then you would have a great diet (healthier) and undoubtedly get the same results as with the shakes.

What I don't understand is why people are paying a fortune to buy shakes when in actual fact the results come from giving up sweets, crisps, chocolate etc? Anyone can tell you to give up eating unhealthy things and this advice costs nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Leahsim (and Fatloss08), from the Charter of the Forum:
    There will be zero-tolerance of any pro-ana type topics or crash dieting. If you want to discuss your cabbage and rubber band diet that's alright but don't expect much support (or success for that matter). This forum is to promote healthy and varied eating - not to advise you in how to drop a stone in a week.

No personal attacks will be tolerated. Heated discussion is fine but attacking posters individually will result in your exit from the forum.

I'm tolerating this thread out of sufferance alone, and I'm only a click away from locking it. If you persist in being so discourteous towards me I'll have no hesitation in doing so.

Having said that, these kinds of topics are always going to be hotly discussed. Besides which, dieting makes the best of us crabby so I'll let it slide.

And am I fat? No, I'm not. I've been fat, yes, and I've also carried sub 15% bodyfat with a six-pack. I've tried every diet under the sun and while I don't proclaim to know everything there is to know about nutrition, I've done the reasearch and then some. If you'd like to continue doubting my knowledge that's your perogative, but I can guarantee you you'd be mistaken.

More to the point, you actually didn't answer the question.
    Leahsim wrote:
    And since I have replied you the answer to your question...Cs encourages you to eat Low GI foods that keeps you full for longer. ie. porridge for breakfast etc....
    Grand, porridge is good. But give me an idea of what you'd eat every day. What about for lunch and dinner? All I'm trying to do is provoke people into thinking in the long term, when the shakes are finished. It's one thing to regurgiate what the manufacturer's tell you to do, another to put it in practice. I couldn't give a flying fart what your Granny's dog's cousin lost with Lipotrim (an abomination in "dieting"), I'm asking what the people here are palnning to do with their eating habits once they're off Celebrity Slim.
    menoscemo wrote:
    Why not just give up the shakes and replace breakfast with something like an omelette or porridge? and have something like a chicken or tuna salad for lunch? Then you would have a great diet (healthier) and undoubtedly get the same results as with the shakes.

What I don't understand is why people are paying a fortune to buy shakes when in actual fact the results come from giving up sweets, crisps, chocolate etc? Anyone can tell you to give up eating unhealthy things and this advice costs nothing.
    Very well said, and put a lot more eloquently than I did!

these boards are full of negative responses never " best of luck let us know how well u do " etc
    It does concern me if you feel that there isn't a lot of support on the forum - perosnally I'd be inclined to disagree, I think there are some great success stories emerging here and I think it's wonderful that people have found somewhere to come and discuss their weight loss endeavors.

However, on a compeltely personal level, while I applaud the weight-loss, I simply don't agree with the method being used and I'd feel it would be incredibly hypocritical for me to say "oh yay, well done, pat on the back for losing all that water weight!!". I'd be only too delighted to be proven wrong about this too and I would be over the moon if everyone on this diet was to return here in six months to say "Ha!! In your face sucker, I kept it off!!" but experience of my own and friends' and acquaintances' weight loss tales has shown otherwise.

Celebrity Slim is a glorified faddy diet. If someone can show me some evidence that proves it's metabolically/ biologically superior to good old fashioned whole food nutrition for fat loss then I'll eat my words. They'd probably taste better than the CS shake anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

G'em, as a moderator you are here to moderate the threads, from what I can see this thread was doing fine until you came along pouring scorn on peoples attempts to try to better themselves.
    Ok so you have worked out just how to live a perfect healthy life but some of us are just starting and if this is the kickstart we need then what is wrong with that, it is our money we are spending, not yours, it is our body and our problem. Yes I am sure an omelette is better for you that a shake but it is the reigme of the diet plan that is working for us, I used to spend €30 a week on sweets and other crap, why not spend it on this instead.
    If you have nothing positive to say about something why not just say nothing atall, moderate from a distance. None of us here are stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

And since I have replied you the answer to your question...Cs encourages you to eat Low GI foods that keeps you full for longer. ie. porridge for breakfast etc....

Having just started and abandoned CS you certainly don't have porridge for breakfast, it's a shake for breakfast and lunch and a carb free dinner :confused: The reality is that the shakes are 220 calories, for the same amount of calories you can have porridge for breakfast and a healthy lunch both of which will stand to you way better than the shakes and you don't feel crap after it like i did on the shakes.

motherfunker - I didn't come onto the thread as a moderator, I came to give my opinion. Nothing to stop me doing that is there?

If I was being a Moderator I would have shut it down but I didn't and I'm not stopping people discussing it. Celebrity Slim and Lipotrim are not in keeping with the forum charter and frankly I'd prefer if they weren't discussed at all because it's perpetuating a fallacy, but I'll leave the thread open for the time being.

So please, continue, and prove me wrong about my opinion on the diet. And no further discussions of my Moderating either please, it's a thread about CS - if you wish to discuss me and what I'm doing go to Feedback or HelpDesk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 emma0808

LittleBear wrote: »
    Hey Emma,
    I noticed you posted two comments there with no reply yet. As we started the same day im just wondering how are u getting on so far? Good or Bad?

hi littlebear,
    seem to be getting on ok! usually have choc shake with hot water in morning--just tastes like hot choc-- and either a bar or cafe latte with hot water for lunch and chicken stirfry for dinner. i have fruit for my snacks!
    how are u getting on? do u want to lose alot? emma:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭LittleBear

emma0808 wrote: »
    hi littlebear,
    seem to be getting on ok! usually have choc shake with hot water in morning--just tastes like hot choc-- and either a bar or cafe latte with hot water for lunch and chicken stirfry for dinner. i have fruit for my snacks!
    how are u getting on? do u want to lose alot? emma:o

Ya im not sure really how i feel to be honest, i have a shake in the morning about 11, another at 3 and then a Chicken Stirfry or something from the CS recipe book at about half six/seven! Have an orange then between lunch shake and dinner! I feel like im doing it wrong am i? I drink water throughout the day aswell and bout 3 cups of tea I LOVE TEA! I want to loose about 2stone i feel id be delighted with that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

g'em ur a moderator and this is freedom of speech , we aint hurting anybody or slagging anybody so why come in and make people feel like crap for wanting to try something diff ???? after all its our lives not yours , u said u couldnt givea toss what people lost etc , then why u here ??? people were put on the planet to bodybuild ?? although its good

why do people take protein shakes ???? thats not natural , why not take alot more chicken or fish in ur diet to compensate ???

not everybody has it sussed like you altho we wish we had

if these people here are happy then cool

me myself , ive stopped it tonight as i lost 20 lbs and gives me a quick start

not having ago ok , but people doing far more damage with smoking and others , at least they wanna try

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

g'em wrote: »
    And am I fat? No, I'm not. I've been fat, yes, and I've also carried sub 15% bodyfat with a six-pack. I've tried every diet under the sun and while I don't proclaim to know everything there is to know about nutrition, I've done the reasearch and then some. If you'd like to continue doubting my knowledge that's your perogative, but I can guarantee you you'd be mistaken.

gem, please post the photo from t-nation of your 6pack. That's my all time inspirational photo.

I've been lucky enough to meet G'em a couple of times over the last 2 year. She is a scientist and very thorough in her research. In fact she is one of the very few people I would not second guess. If she tells me something works, I believe her, if she says it doesn't I believe her because I know she doesn't say stuff without knowing what she is talking about.

For those who are determined to continue starving themselves, I've been there, done that, got the depressed metabolism and osteoporosis to show for it. Go ahead wreck your bodies, but remember who told you how it could be done sensibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Leahsim

G'em, as a moderator you are here to moderate the threads, from what I can see this thread was doing fine until you came along pouring scorn on peoples attempts to try to better themselves.
    Ok so you have worked out just how to live a perfect healthy life but some of us are just starting and if this is the kickstart we need then what is wrong with that, it is our money we are spending, not yours, it is our body and our problem. Yes I am sure an omelette is better for you that a shake but it is the reigme of the diet plan that is working for us, I used to spend €30 a week on sweets and other crap, why not spend it on this instead.
    If you have nothing positive to say about something why not just say nothing atall, moderate from a distance. None of us here are stupid.

Well said....I couldn't have said it better myself. Ge'm take the hint..

Hennybug wrote: »

Having just started and abandoned CS you certainly don't have porridge for breakfast, it's a shake for breakfast and lunch and a carb free dinner :confused: The reality is that the shakes are 220 calories, for the same amount of calories you can have porridge for breakfast and a healthy lunch both of which will stand to you way better than the shakes and you don't feel crap after it like i did on the shakes.

If you read from the beginning you would have seen the question that G'em had asked......and then you will see why I answered porridge as an example....

g'em wrote: »
    The Celebrity Slim Diet is a scam worthy of a very high score on the Richter Scale of Bolloxology.

To everyone who has embarked on this 'Diet' I have one question: how do you plan to eat when you come off it?

N.B. 'Healthily' is not the right answer. If you're determined to lose weight, the hard-work starts once you're OFF the shakes and back in the real world. So go on then, write down what you think would be an appropriate days' eating.

How to eat when you come off it....now let me think about that...I put food in my mouth...chew and swallow. Does that answer your question or should I research it a bit more....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

How to eat when you come off it....now let me think about that...I put food in my mouth...chew and swallow. Does that answer your question or should I research it a bit more....

Wow. That is probably one of the most childish posts I've ever read on boards.

And well done on avoiding actually answering the question.

Well said....I couldn't have said it better myself. Ge'm take the hint..

Leah if you're not grown up enough to have a civil discussion I suggest you find somewhere else to post. Infracted and next out of line post will earn you a ban. And no, it doesn't answer anything given that the original request was:
    g'em wrote:
    write down what you think would be an appropriate days' eating.

@hunnymonster - thanks :o The photo is still in the forum somewhere, here's probably not the place for it, and fwiw, your athletic achievements would put most people on the site (nevermind the forum) to shame!! The appreciation is mutual ;)

Fatloss08 I understand where you're coming from, I really do. When this forum was created as a by-product of Fitness there was always a fear that it would turn into a fad-diet forum where people would swap quick-fix tips and other remedies that only temporarily solve the problem without actually making any long-term positive impact, hence the reason why the Charter was put in place to say that these diets wouldn't be actively supported here. I stand by that Charter and when I see too much of this faddy diet shite going on I will wade in and remind people that these diets are not a good idea. The forum is about nutrition, your diet and essentially the impact it has on your health. There's LOTS of information available on these pages to help anyone start making positive changes to their diets, and WeightWatchers is gladly and actively supported and there are a lot of people here who are seeing great results - a quick glance in the Food Diaries will prove that.

As for hurting people, well you are - yourselves. Starvation diets like this only create more problems such as a dulled metabolism like hunnymonster has pointed out.

When you severely restrict your calories your body compensates for that by slowing down your metabolism to a crawl and it's quite difficult to recover from that. So once the shakes are finished and you start to eat 'normally' again, you are highly likely to gain weight again very fast as your metabolism is so sluggish that you can't cope with the extra calories.
    Fatloss08 wrote:
    g'em ur a moderator and this is freedom of speech , we aint hurting anybody or slagging anybody so why come in and make people feel like crap for wanting to try something diff ???? after all its our lives not yours , u said u couldnt givea toss what people lost etc , then why u here ??? people were put on the planet to bodybuild ?? although its good

why do people take protein shakes ???? thats not natural , why not take alot more chicken or fish in ur diet to compensate ???
    Do you realise what you've just said? You've just perfectly parroted what I've been saying all along - why bother with Celebrity Slim shakes when more chicken and fish would give you the extra protein in your diet.

I'm not a bodybuilder, I'm a powerlifter - very different. I haven't drunk a protein shake in months. I don't have a six-pack anymore, but I'm a happy, comfortable, healthy weight. It doesn't come naturally to me, and I've battled an eating disorder for years. If someone wants to try and keep telling me how I haven't got a clue, then they're the one who's severely in the dark.

I know you're not having a go, and neither am I. All I'm doing is calling out CS for the lie that it is. I've been there, and I know that the structure that CS slim provides is so, so alluring. It takes the guess work out of eating. It takes the hassle out of planning meals. It promises quick weight loss, fast. It even provides recipes for the one solid meal you can have each day. It gives you a solid, workable timetable of eating that you can stick to and you don't need to second guess. Other people have used it and written to the manufacturer's to tell them how wonderful it is and how happy they are to have started using and and the manufacturer's, in turn, provide this feedback so that you, the customer, can see the success stories of others and be inspired.

You have no idea how much I "get this". And I know how much of a snotty cow people like me seemed when I was in that situation. But somewhere along the lines I had to break the cycle and start to learn how to cope with my weight on my own and without magic aids.

But what Celebrity Slim does not do is teach you how to eat properly once you're finished. How to cope with or avoid hunger pangs. How to curb the sweet tooth that appears after meals. How to stop snacking in front of the tv. How to learn how to say no to the fourth night on the beer with the lads which invariably includes the trip to a chipper at 2am. How to cope with binges. How to swap crap foods for healthier alternatives. How to read food information labels and know the difference between macronutrient properties. How to structure your eating habits so that you keep yourself metabolically primed. How to get out of the "quick-fix" mentality. How to plan meals.

For anyone who wishes to avail of it I have a proposal. Copy the below template and post in back up with your own answers, give me a few hours and I'll post you up some daily meal plans and food options. I'm not trying to criticise anyone here, I'm only criticising Celebrity Slim. I would have hoped that the pages of information that I provided in the stickies would have shown how much time and effort I've invested int eh forum and that I do, genuinely, care about the people who post here. If you're still in doubt though, fill this in and post in back up.

Height:
    Weight:
    Male/ Female:
    1 = sedentary
    2 = mildly active
    3 = moderately active
    4 = highly active
    Particular Food Dislikes or Allergies:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

If you can post the photo G'em, they'll see what's possible by eating properly and not following any of these fad tripe diets!

You're a marketer's dream if you actually think this stuff is going to help you in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Bubble19

Height: 5'7
    Weight: 200 lbs :(
    Sex: Female
    Activity level per week: 2
    1 = sedentary
    2 = mildly active
    3 = moderately active
    4 = highly active
    Particular Food Dislikes or Allergies: (Dislikes) Mushrooms,Tomatos, Beans/Peas, Sweetcorn, Lamb, Sometimes peppers although thats kinda changing now thats it i hope!!

Cheers in advance...

Thanks Bubble, I'll get onto that and have something back to you soon. I've edited the orignial template as I forgot to include sex/ age :o Can you let me know those whenever you see this? Thanks!

And those veg dislikes - do you really despise them or can you eat them when they're in stuff?

• Advertisement

Bubble19 wrote: »
    Height: 5'7
    Weight: 200 lbs :(
    Sex: Female
    1 = sedentary
    2 = mildly active
    3 = moderately active
    4 = highly active
    Particular Food Dislikes or Allergies: (Dislikes) Mushrooms,Tomatos, Beans/Peas, Sweetcorn, Lamb, Sometimes peppers although thats kinda changing now thats it i hope!!

Cheers in advance...

Ok ive edited the above also. Ill tell u what so i really really really hate mushrooms, sweetcorn and peas but the rest are fine in things as u said!!
    Thanks a mill :)

For Bubble19:

Alrighty, so at your height/ weight you need around 2,500 cals per day to maintain the weight your at now. Around 1,700 of those cals are your absolute minimum requirements that your body needs to fuel its most basic functions - anything less than that and you're effectively starving yourself. So to lose weight a daily of intake of around 2,000 cals a day should be perfect. That's also a fairly substantial amount of food so you shouldn't feel excessively hungry.

I imagine one of the greatest parts of the allure of Celebrity Slim is hte structure of it, so lets do something similar here. 2,000clas per day very neatly divides into 5 meals of 400 calories each, or 3 x 500 cal main meals and two 250 cal snacks.

So that's teh first step - you know how big each meal should be. Now, what will those meals consist of?!

All your main meals meal are going to contain one of the following:
    eggs, meat, fish, shellfish, lean dairy (natural yoghurt, cottage cheese, greek yoghurt, skimmed milk), unsalted nuts

All these foods have protein, and where weight loss is concerned protein is your BFF! Protein helps fill you up, keeps your metabolism primed (your body has to work hard to break it down) and it's very hard to turn protein into bodyfat.

You're also going to make sure you get a couple of daily servings of good fats:
    nut and seed oils (flax, almond, walnut, olive, macadamia etc. - any and all of these are great. Vegetable and sunflower oil aren't good oils), whole nuts and seeds, avocadoes, oily fish.

Finally you're going to be taking in the vast majority of your carbs in the form of vegetables. You can have some fruit, but not more than two servings per day (simply because it tends to exacerbate a sweet tooth) and also two servings of wholemeal starchy carbs (basmati or brown rice, wholemeal bread, wholemeal pasta) or oats.

No chocolate, no sweets, no crisps, no pizza, no sugary cereals... but all is not lost. Once a week it's totally fine to let rip and have a cheat meal - eat whatever you like and have a big ol' desert with it too. It won't set you back, but it will keep you in tip top psychological shape and you won't mind restricting yourself for the rest of the week :) Just try and do some exercise that day.

I strongly, strongly, strongly urge you to get to know www.fitday.com (or another food log tool) as it's absolutely invaluable for keeping track of htings when you start out. After a while it'll all become second nature.

Breakfast
    Personally my absolutely favourite breakfast is scrambled egg and bacon!

2 large eggs + 2 tsp oil (almond oil goes brilliantly with eggs, it has a lvoely gentle sweet taste) + 2 tbsp grated cheese for the scrambled eggs served with 2 slices of turkey bacon. That comes to 400 cals so it's a perfect choice for you too.

Alternatively you could go for porridge.

1/3 cup oats + 1/2 cup natural yoghurt + 1/2 cup blueberries + tbsp flaked almonds.

Deeee-lish and also 400 cals per serving :D

Snack wise during the morning you could havea serving of unsalted, unroasted nuts (a serving is 10-12 almonds, 8 walnuts, 6 brazil nuts, 15 pistachios) which is around 150 cals along with a yoghurt (be careful with yoghurts, they're often FULL of sugar. Glenisk organic yoghurts are among the best I've found, they do have sugar added but overall they're pretty fine) and a small handful of grapes or another piece of fruit.

Alternatively you could have a couple of Ryvita (or even better some vegetable sticks) and a couple of tbsp of hummous - again look for a high quantity of chickpeas in the ingredients, good hummous will have 70% + chickpeas.

How's this sounding so far? Try and go to www.fitday.com and see can you put together a couple of 500 calorie meals (hint: LOTS of vegetables, they're super low cal and you can eat huge portions of them!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hazeybaby

Height: 5'4
    Weight: 205lbs
    Male/ Female:female
    Activity level per week:1
    1 = sedentary
    2 = mildly active
    3 = moderately active
    4 = highly active
    Particular Food Dislikes or Allergies: I'm not keen on fish can do the usual cod or tuna or haddock or maybe salmon but anything fishy fishy is out!!

I would love to know how to eat properly and not have to do something like cs to be honest it does terrify me that it could all go back on when I eat properly again!!

But the problem is that eating what I perceive as normally has got me here, so the structure I get from a shake at this time a snack at this time and not much preparation or freedom to deviate too much from the plan is comforting!!

I am going away in three weeks and am unsure as to whether to bring my shakes or to try and eat healthily and take it from there!!

Sounds like you know what your doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think it is more "pouring scorn" on these companies using these marketing scams taking advantage of gullible ignorant people. The pseudo-pharmaceutical marketing they use is shameless.

if this is the kickstart we need then what is wrong with that, it is our money we are spending, not yours, it is our body and our problem....
    I used to spend €30 a week on sweets and other crap, why not spend it on this instead.
    I would see it more as a setback then a kickstart. Certainly is not kickstarting your metabolism which is key to achieving and maintaining a healthy fat level. It is your money and I do not like seeing anybody being ripped off, if you have got fair warning and want to squander your cash then that is fine, people are just giving warning against it.
    If you have nothing positive to say about something why not just say nothing at all, moderate from a distance. None of us here are stupid.
    This thread is against the charter rules but was let go on, if this was the electronics forum and people were wondering about getting some mp3 player which was a crap choice should everybody just keep quiet? Do you think people are advising against it just for the sake of argument. Many have been there, done that, and learnt the hard way, and hate to see other people fall for the same scams and crap peddled by these companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

Height: 6"2
    Weight: 284
    Male/ Female: male
    Activity level per week: 1
    1 = sedentary
    2 = mildly active
    3 = moderately active
    4 = highly active
    Particular Food Dislikes or Allergies: cabbage , cauliflower , sweetcorn , brocolli , garlic , fish ( i know its prob the best thing to eat but cant stomach the taste , years of not having it

hazeybaby wrote: »
    Height: 5'4
    Weight: 205lbs
    Male/ Female:female
    Activity level per week:1
    1 = sedentary
    2 = mildly active
    3 = moderately active
    4 = highly active
    Particular Food Dislikes or Allergies: I'm not keen on fish can do the usual cod or tuna or haddock or maybe salmon but anything fishy fishy is out!!
    In your case your maintenance needs would be 2100 cals per day, and 1700 calories per day will be enough to ensure slow, steady weight loss.

Don't stress if you only lose 1-2lb per week, slower is safer and healthier. Needless to say adding in some exercise 3-4 times a week will help a lot!

So again we could look at splitting your meals into calorie blocks
    3 x 400 cal meals and two 250 cal snacks would be perfect. So the same suggestions would apply as for Bubble19.

Lunch/ Dinner options include:

Stir fry: 1 chicken breast + 1/2 tbsp sesame oil + unlimited amounts of carrots, broccoli, mushroom, onion, sprouts + soy sauce

Salmon parcels: place a fillet of salmon on a piece of tin foil and add lemon juice, soy sauce, pinch of salt and some pepper. Loosely wrap the tin foil around the salmon so that it creates a sealed pillow or parcel. Place in the oven at 180C for 15 mins. Serve with broccoli, mange tout, runner beans and half a cup of basmati rice. You can do this with any fish actually, just leave out the soy sauce and add a bit of fish seasoning.

Feta salad (inspired by Cafe Bar Deli - my favourite dish there!): two cups cooked broccoli + half a cup of chickpeas + half a cup of diced feta + a cup of sugar snap peas + plenty of rocket leaves + balsamic vinegar

As with the protein, fat and carb advice above, think about how you're going to structure the meals over the day.

e.g.

B: eggs & bacon: protein and fat
    S: fruit and nuts: fats and carbs
    L: chicken/ salmon salad with a side of wholemeal bread: protein and carbs
    S: veg and hummous: carbs and protein
    D: meat and veg: carbs and protein

Sounds really interesting i never though i could possibly have that much food and still loose weight!
    Breakfast sounds great i like the thought of eating porridge on cold winter morning to heat and fill me up so thats great.
    Glenisk organic yoghurts wouldn'y be my favourite yoghurts how would u feel about the Activia strawberry ones? i ab love them more than a piece of chocolate even! :rolleyes:
    All sounds really well put together you put alot of thought into it. Just checked out the fitday website can't seem to figure it out to be honest, do u just look at ideas of do they give u recipes? Love fish im happy its on the menu is it okay to grill it? Think thats a meal in itself with a side salad!
    Im a bit taken aback by the two sevings of fruit a day i thought it was a great thing to eat but i do see your point about its sweetness!! Is there anything sweet out there thats relatively good for you? How about Jelly?
    One last question could you possibly recommend a few dinner's that would be filling and really tasty or even a decent website that gave me amount of cals in the dish and recipe? Would be a great help.
    Thanks for doing this its much appreciated.
    Bubble ;)

Height: 6"2
    Weight: 284
    Male/ Female: male
    Activity level per week: 1
    1 = sedentary
    2 = mildly active
    3 = moderately active
    4 = highly active
    Particular Food Dislikes or Allergies: cabbage , cauliflower , sweetcorn , brocolli , garlic , fish ( i know its prob the best thing to eat but cant stomach the taste , years of not having it

No broccoli or cauliflower!! Nooo!!

Do me *one* favour and try this recipe: Cup up a batch of broccoli and an equal amount of cauliflower. Chop them finely and add a couple of teaspoons of almond or olive oil (I have a particular love of almond oil, but walnut oil works well with veggies too as it's quite nutty) and some pepper. Use a potato masher and mash it all up. Eat. Go on, try it, it's lovely and very, very un-veggie-ish!

In your case your maintenace cals are around 3,000 per day and 2,500 cals/day should be sufficient for weight loss.

You could go for an even 5 x 500 cal split or you could have 3 x 600 cal big meals and two 350 cal snacks.

The one thing I would absolutely advise everyone at this stage is NOT to sacrifice fat in your diet. I know logic would dictate that eating fat makes you fat but that's only the case if you a) eat bad fats (processed food fats) and b) eat too much of them. Good fats as found in nuts and seeds and their oils actually help you lose fat as they make your body more efficient at metabolising fats.

Fatloss in your case given that you have a fairly substantial frame you can afford to take in a decent amount of starchy carbs but you really, really, really need to start exercising to give yourself a helping hand.

Exercise makes your body better at burning at fat, simple as. A fit person can eat more than an unfot person without having to worry about losing weight.

Here's a dinner idea for you:

A chicken breast + half a tablespoon of olive oil (to fry the chicken with) + a courgette + 4 or 5 spring onions chopped + 1/2 cup feta cheese + half a cup peas and sweetcorn + 1/2 cup made with a veg/ chicken stock cube + a dash of lemon juice.

You'll also be able to afford a much bigger, substantial breakfast. You could have a bowl of berries (bluberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries etc.) and yoghurt alongside your egg or make a homemade smoothie.

Bubble19 wrote: »
    Sounds really interesting i never though i could possibly have that much food and still loose weight!
    I know, it's great isn't it! I think we have a tendency to forget that essentially our bodies are machines, and we need to give them enough fuel to work properly. When you take away too much fuel it just makes it inefficient. Your weight loss won't be as fast as on a fad diet, but it'll be be more consistent and will stay off (mostly becuase you're teaching yourself how to eat right and when you learn that, youre waaaay less likely to eat junk again and you'll automatically make the right choices!
    Bubble19 wrote:
    Breakfast sounds great i like the thought of eating porridge on cold winter morning to heat and fill me up so thats great.
    oh it's so yum - another favourite of mine is cooking the oats (two minutes in the microwave with double the volum of oats' worth of water seems to work for me i.e. half a cup of oats and one cup of water, bung in the microwave for two minutes at high power), then add a bit of milk, some raisins and some cinnamon - eat it with a big mug of tea by your side :)
    Bubble19 wrote:
    Glenisk organic yoghurts wouldn'y be my favourite yoghurts how would u feel about the Activia strawberry ones? i ab love them more than a piece of chocolate even! :rolleyes:
    just check the label - if it has sugar, dextrose, fructose or corn syrup as one of hte first three ingredients it'll be v. high in sugar. But it's still better than eating chocolate so don't worry about it!
    Bubble19 wrote:
    Just checked out the fitday website can't seem to figure it out to be honest, do u just look at ideas of do they give u recipes?
    You have to input the foods one by one. So for each of these posts for example I've been inputting the foods one by one and then it adds up all the calories and grams of fat/ protein/ carbs for you. It even tells you what your % breakdown is for each one each day and you can keep a daily food log. Each day is a new page of food. It takes some getting used to but it's worth it.
    Bubble19 wrote:
    Love fish im happy its on the menu is it okay to grill it? Think thats a meal in itself with a side salad!
    Brilliant way to eat it! Grilling is soooper healthy. Schwartz do a lovely fish seasoning too, you buy it in a jar alongside all the other herbs and spices, and I love it on white fish especially.
    Bubble19 wrote:
    Im a bit taken aback by the two sevings of fruit a day i thought it was a great thing to eat but i do see your point about its sweetness!!
    I know, it's a bit disheartening. Fruit is still really good for you, just not too much. Veg is better (of course :rolleyes::p). There's also new research to show that the fructose (sugar) in fruit is very easily turned to fat so and excess of fruit is no different to having too many sweets in your diet.
    Bubble19 wrote:
    Is there anything sweet out there thats relatively good for you? How about Jelly?
    Good thinking Batman- sugar-free jelly is a *great* treat to have every so often. Every few weeks I'll make myself some sugar free jelly and it last for a few days, it's perfect for curing a sweet craving a few spoons (a small bowlful) is enough to curb it without ruining your efforts.
    Bubble19 wrote:
    One last question could you possibly recommend a few dinner's that would be filling and really tasty or even a decent website that gave me amount of cals in the dish and recipe? Would be a great help.
    I'm actually crap at recipes :o But the one thing I do is when I'm planning dinner, I start with the meat and I work from there. I'll think of a meat I want to eat and tehn add the veg accordingly. You can also look at recipes of various websites and manually work out what their calorie content is - I know, I know, that sounds like such a pain but it's a great way to get used to how many calories are in different foods. If you have to cut things out of the recipe though always start by cutting down/ out the starchy carbs - rice, pasta, potatoes etc. Keep the veg and meat where possible.
    Bubble19 wrote:
    Thanks for doing this its much appreciated.
    Bubble ;)
    No bodger, glad to help. Why don't you search for a recipe you think you mgiht like and see can you figure out what the cal content is?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pink08

Height: 5'6
    Weight: 76 kgs
    Male/ Female: female
    1 = sedentary
    2 = mildly active
    3 = moderately active
    4 = highly active
    Particular Food Dislikes or Allergies: not mad on fish

G'em I know you're 100 percent right! Cs is not sustainable as a way of life. And I think i knew that as i reached for the box in the shop but i was just at the end of my rope and feeling ****e about myself and i supose i was looking for a quick fix. And it delivered but i know i need to change my whole habits if i'm ever gonna me happy with myself! I've abandoned the program and gonna sort msyself out once and 4 all! This is a great forum and resource for ppl and i'm gonna use it to get all the info and support i need!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement