Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Celebrity Slim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Cheers i think ill just stick to the womens one ,Could anyone anyone my question on having skinless chicken boiled with brown rice and curry sauce?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pink08

yes i can answer that for you! No you cant! The chicken brest is grand but the rice is out and depending on the curry sauce that might be out too!!

Basically your evening meal is supposed to be 1/4 protien 3/4 veg. there is a list of allowable veg & meat in the booklet you get with your shakes.

a typical dinner for me would be chicken stir fry, omlet with ham & veg, chickec salad etc.

no rice bread or spuds with this i'm afraid!

hope that answers it for u! check out the website for more info! best of luck with it!

Would the Protein Shakes Give you much Energy?? cause i work a job where i would be doing alot of lifting and stuff like that??

im awful bad at veg , would i be able to have to fillets and small bit of veg,

Also if i wanted does it count putting veg in a blender and having it as a drink? Thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭hayser

I'm thinking of doing this. I was wondering when starting off do you have to complete a medical history and get weighed like you do with Lipotrim or can you just go in and buy it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Leahsim

Hi,

You can just go in and buy it...unlike Lipotrim. Try and get the fat burnig tablets as well. I heard that they are very good. The chemist has ordered some for me so fingers x they come soon.

Leah X

• Advertisement

Would the Protein Shakes Give you much Energy?? cause i work a job where i would be doing alot of lifting and stuff like that??

im awful bad at veg , would i be able to have to fillets and small bit of veg,

Also if i wanted does it count putting veg in a blender and having it as a drink? Thanks?

Hi,
    You will really start to feel the benefits after 2 weeks as your body has to get rid of the carb store and when this happens then you'll be getting your energy from the fat store.
    Regarding the veg...rule of thumb is your plate should be 1/4 protein to 3/4 veg or salad. And I'm sue you'd be able to blend the veg together...cos at the end of the day it's still veg!

Goodluck

Leah

Leahsim wrote: »
    Hi,
    You will really start to feel the benefits after 2 weeks as your body has to get rid of the carb store and when this happens then you'll be getting your energy from the fat store.
    Regarding the veg...rule of thumb is your plate should be 1/4 protein to 3/4 veg or salad. And I'm sue you'd be able to blend the veg together...cos at the end of the day it's still veg!

Goodluck

Leah

would 2 skinless chicken be too much with some curry sauce?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

You could try sprinkling some chilli or paprika powder on a chicken breast while grilling it. And eat some veg, you're a grown-up now after all :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

would 2 skinless chicken be too much with some curry sauce?

whats with ur fetish with curry ????????? :)

i started today had my 2 shakes and 2 chicken fillets and lettuce and tomatoe

You should be having your 2 shakes or bars, your mainmeal and up to 3 snacks. There's no point trying to starve yourself either. They say that the want you to eat little and often to keep your metabolism going. I think to be honest with you that 2 chicken breast is too much for one sitting. Why not try a chicken stirfry with 1 breast of chicken, add mushrooms onions red pepper curry powder black pepper and a tin of crushed tomatoes. Plenty of veg in there with your protein and it's really nice. Whats also nice is strawberries, blueberries peach and pear with some natural yoghurt.
    Yum Yum Yum Yum Yummy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

Hi I just started celebrity slim this morning. Found the strawberry shake ok perhaps a little bland! Im having chocolate for lunch. Im hoping to lose 8-10 kgs. Im feeling a little hungry now but its nearly lunch time. I would love some tips from people who are on C S.

Thanks

i started it yesterday morning and going ok so far

id like to lose 25kilos

if i had 6-10 to lose then i wouldnt use this

only using this because ive alot to lose and otherwise takes ages and you get disheartened

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

Fatloss08 - I have already lost 3 stone myself and cannot get the last stone and half off. I am using C S now to try shift it. Just had the chocolate shake for lunch which was quite nice i also had a small handfull of brazil nuts. Im really hoping that this will work for me.

well just some news for the haters on here ok

my cousin in australia whos 25 and was 180kg yes u read right , started this diet last march and stopped it at xmas so thats 9 months and he lost 70kg ( ok its not the healthiest way ) but he's a 6"5 bloke so 110kg isnt bad to be at now

but he came off it at xmas and only put on 1.5kg since

and he said he had a crazy few weeks so thats why

he has never felt so good and appreciates food , before he ate alot of carbs ie pasta , bread , potatoes etc now he eats it in moderation 3 times a week and once he lost the weight he said

i havnt had mc donalds or takeaways in 9 months and didnt miss it i dont need it now

i mailed him and asked for pics of b4 and after to show people on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Yes, but he's probably lost an awful lot of muscle (including heart muscle) along the way. Not worth the long-term risks imo.

so u know all about the diet then yeah ?

and being 70kg overweight is healthy ???

people who have 5-7 kg to lose always preach

id love to see somebody 70kg overweight and then try do ur 1-2 a week which is healthier but dis-heartning over longterm

he's fit and runs marathons never felt better

Fatloss08 wrote: »

id love to see somebody 70kg overweight and then try do ur 1-2 a week which is healthier but dis-heartning over longterm

Hey hey hey don't be so angry! Dolorous never said she knew all about the diet! she was mearly expressing her views....which is after all what this site is all about!

Thats cool that you started! Hope you're getting on well! I'm in my third week and finding it grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Going a long time with the adequate intake of amino acids may have caused some lose of the cardiac muscle and other possible problems. It would be advisable for your cousin to get some tests done on his heart to ensure it's health.

Heart issues are not the kind of thing that sneak up on you and give you hints, especially not a weakening of the hearts wall. The advice was given only in the best interests of your cousin and you might do well to pass it on to him.

This may sound a little preachy but i would never advocate this kind of diet, and before i get accused of being one of thos "5 to 6 kilo" crowd you seem to have an issue with i have lost just as much fat as your cousin over the years.

Patience is key in my opinion.

i never said this was the healthiest way to lose this , he got a health check , full one infact and has since joined the army

some people have the will power to train everyweek religiously and be happy with there 1-2 lbs a week and thats good , some however dont have the mental attitude , so what are they meant to do ?? it seems like they must stay fat and un healthy , i want to lose 25kg not to much like some people , ive a big build and 110kg would be decent on me

id like to see some actual facts reporting this heart damage , and also regardless of how celebrity slim is marketed , no country in the world would allow this , if it did cause heart probs

and by the way i aint angry :)

its my own fault im 137kg , i woke up 1 morning and was sick of it , i never weight myself weekly etc

but i will when i hit goal weight , i cant run because im too heavy , inpact on knees and lowerback is tough , but when i drop a bit i will be

I see it as being as simple as no one gets fat overnight....it normally takes a long and protracted effort. ;)

• Advertisement

hey , i appreciate yoru comments and your 100 % correct , i was so lazy and always eating takeaways , if it wasnt take away it was a big plate of spag bol or big pasta and chicken , all high in carbs , and when i look at it now im disgusted , but im using this as a kick start nothing more , i dont have the will power to simply wait and see 1-2 a week , because often with me id be grand after 2 or 3 weeks and then collapse and end up getting nowhere

i have since changed how i eat , appreciate good food more

hey , i appreciate yoru comments and your 100 % correct , i was so lazy and always eating takeaways , if it wasnt take away it was a big plate of spag bol or big pasta and chicken , all high in carbs , and when i look at it now im disgusted , but im using this as a kick start nothing more , i dont have the will power to simply wait and see 1-2 a week , because often with me id be grand after 2 or 3 weeks and then collapse and end up getting nowhere

i have since changed how i eat , appreciate good food more

Good stuff, delighted to hear it. The big trap for peope is they use these shake systems to lose weight but don't actually work to change habits and attitudes towards food. You seem to be on the right track and I wish you all the best with it.

One thing I will say, remember to reward yourself for achieving your goals….buy small items that you have wanted as a way to reward your progress.

cheers dragan

im under no illusion's at all

if or when i get to what i wanna be , trust me i wont be wanting it to creep on , i'll be very strict , ie carb meals 2 or 3 times a week and more veg etc

i
    and by the way i aint angry :)

its my own fault im 137kg , i woke up 1 morning and was sick of it , i never weight myself weekly etc

but i will when i hit goal weight , i cant run because im too heavy , inpact on knees and lowerback is tough , but when i drop a bit i will be

Glad to hear it! Believe me i understand your fustrations i've battled with my weight all my life and you do get tired of it but i just feel this time that i've got to do it for myself! Change my habits and the way i look at food.

Thats great about your cousin fantastic achievement for him.

how did u find the first few days?

down 6.2 lbs in 2 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭cacio

There's no chemist near me at all that stock this. Is there another way to get it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Anyone know if you can get this in Galway, only thing on the website is in Ballinasloe. I know it's not the ideal but i just want a kick start to shift a few kilo's first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭cacio

Hey,
    Just wondering if anyone here who uses celebrity slim would be able to buy it for me as there's no chemist near me. Buy4now only has a few flavours. I'll pay for postage and everything. PM if you can help.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Bubble19

cacio wrote: »
    Hey,
    Just wondering if anyone here who uses celebrity slim would be able to buy it for me as there's no chemist near me. Buy4now only has a few flavours. I'll pay for postage and everything. PM if you can help.
    Thanks.

Felt the same myself about the buy4now website they had all the flavours i didnt like on it...but i ordered it for a link i found on the Celebrity Slim Website. The Medicare website. Plus a bonus is the delivery is cheaper than the But4now website works out at about 5euro delivery for 2weeks supply.

Hope this helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement