Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Italian Campsites (Fly/Drive Holiday)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭FelaniaMump

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Anyone know where Roan Mobiles are located at Norcenni ?

Also, how are the Restaurants on Norcenni in terms of Food Quality and Prices ?

Thanks in advance.

The roan cabins are halfway up the main hill, lovely views. Some of them have great outdoor couches.

Restaurants are busy, but very good quality and very good prices when compared to Irish restaurants. My children still talk about a wild boar ragu with tagliatelle 2 years later, and they do tuscan pizza bianca ( a pizza with no tomato sauce, the best one has a local cheese and tuscan sausage, its amazing!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Thanks Felania.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Solli

We usually avoid large campsites so we stayed on a lovely site a short and utterly beautiful walk from the town, lovely supermarket with a huge deli section and railway station. Called camping del Garda. Went with Thomson, their mobiles are very nice. Took a train to see Venice, again a short walk from campsite. Another day we went to Verona by train. Best holiday ever and away from the madding crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Thanks Felania.

Just wondering if you went to Italy? We're a group of friends who have been to La Sirene for 3 yrs and castell montgri in Spain this Yr. We've decided on the Adriatic coast in Italy for 2020. Marina di venezia looks fab but really really big site. Any ideas on somewhere smaller..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭josip

Just wondering if you went to Italy? We're a group of friends who have been to La Sirene for 3 yrs and castell montgri in Spain this Yr. We've decided on the Adriatic coast in Italy for 2020. Marina di venezia looks fab but really really big site. Any ideas on somewhere smaller..

Most of the camp sites on the Lido di Jesolo are fairly big, we've been in Dei Fiori which was fantastic and not massive. Very conveniently located for trips to Venice.

We also been to Pra Delle Torri a couple of times. Much bigger and has everything, but you'll need bikes to get around it.

• Advertisement

Booked for 2020. Decided on Bella Italia and Norcenni. Eurocamp came in cheaper than Roan by a fair bit in the end so have gone with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭k123456

in general are Italian campsites , same price as French one (excluding flights, car hire etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Thinking of a campsite for the first time next year. I’d love to go to Italy as have never been so am looking at some Italian campsites.

Bella Italia is coming up as the best option so far but just checking in to see if anyone has other suggestions? We don’t want to hire a car, but also don’t want to be stranded onsite for the full week or so. Normally on holidays we love a stroll around a village/town in the evenings rather than being forced into the same one or two restaurants every night.
    Wouldn’t do much by way of day trips.

It’s for 2 adults and 3 kids who will be 3, 7 and 9. I’m a bit worried that the site might be a bit too lively for us-we usually favour quieter pool complexes than full on entertainment but not sure if Bella Italia is just busy because of the numbers there or if the daytime entertainment is very ‘in your face’? Been at some apartment complexes where there was no respite from music on loudspeakers etc and keen to avoid that as it’s just not our type of holiday.

Guessing we are probably better to book direct for all these sites?
    Any other advice , or campsites with a town within walking distance would be really appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Solli

Camping del Garda a short walk from railway station and town, quieter than Bella, so u wouldn’t be stranded. We hated big sites like La Sirene in France that’s why we go for the smaller sites and out of season for peace and quiet!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

another one here for Bella Italia, its about 45min from Verona
    Stayed here 2yrs ago with Eurocamp in one of their 3bed Avants I think it was
    Plenty to do in Peschiera and you have Gardaland and waterpark nearby
    Hopefully they have upgraded the wifi as my only gripe with site

• Advertisement

We have booked a 3-Bed Avant with Eurocamp at Bella Italia for 2020. Hopefully it will be nice.

I am still a bit worried that the Site will be too busy but Kids really want to go there so have bitten the bullet !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

We have booked a 3-Bed Avant with Eurocamp at Bella Italia for 2020. Hopefully it will be nice.

I am still a bit worried that the Site will be too busy but Kids really want to go there so have bitten the bullet !

There are indeed pros and cons to Bella. Was there 2 years ago and the main pools were rediculously busy....literally standing room only. That was my pet hate about the place. It didn't bother the kids though in fairness who just spent their time on the slides etc. There is also a smaller pool up by the apartments which was a lot quieter and more relaxed. Food is very good and nice walk along the lake to Pescharia.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Lots around Lake Garda. So you can't go wrong there. Peschiera del garda is a lovely town. Land in Verona Airport take the bus direct to Garda for 4 euro.

My only gripe about Garda is its prime mosquito territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Limpy wrote: »
    My only gripe about Garda is its prime mosquito territory.

Oh god yeah forgot about that...lots and lots of flying critters. Used have to clean off the outside table every morning before breakfast from hundreds of dead bugs before you could eat.

Went to Norcenni Girasole this year and not a bug in sight (except bees around bar area and bins) and the pools were a pleasure. But you definitely need a car to get there.

Ludo wrote: »

Went to Norcenni Girasole this year and not a bug in sight (except bees around bar area and bins) and the pools were a pleasure. But you definitely need a car to get there.

Site #2 for us next year. Bella first, then Norcenni. Good to hear positive comments.

We will be hiring a Car from Verona Airport.

Never had any issues with bugs at Bella Italy’s
    The 3 bed Avants are very nice
    Big decks with outside table and chairs and loungers
    They also give you a gas BBQ
    We got one right up the front away from the Main Street of 3 bed Avants
    Very quiet
    If the pools are busy there’s always the lake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Technique

We had an ant colony in our apartment when we were in Norcenni Girasole. Still enjoyed it though. A car is essential, especially to visit the towns and villages in nearby Chianti.

I'd be wary of the lake.
    The year we stayed there we watched a couple of dead fish float past.
    It might have been heat stress.

We went to pesciera del garda 2 years ago..
    Del garda camping village.
    Campiggo(?) del garda is another beside it..used to be all one..
    Del garda is busier(not packed) and had more ameneties..has a lovely restaurant, shop bakery..Lovely size pool/slides..
    6 min walk to peschiera village with loads of nice restaurants and boat hire.
    10 mins in a taxi to Gardaland..15 mins in a taxi to movie land...
    10 mins walk if even to the train station..Verona is lovely to spend a day..
    Went with kids 4,6,12..loved it
    And..Its a 5 min walk to the lake. Which was so clean and perfect for a day swimming

josip wrote: »
    I'd be wary of the lake.
    The year we stayed there we watched a couple of dead fish float past.
    It might have been heat stress.

We swam in the lake every day

I’d also recommend hiring a boat for an hour

Think it’s about 80eur but great fun

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    We swam in the lake every day

I’d also recommend hiring a boat for an hour

Think it’s about 80eur but great fun

We swam in the lake too, just skirted the fish :D
    €80 per hour, woof.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭poppy37

Bella Italia is a great campsite, we have been there twice, last week in June first week in July and I’m in the process of booking again next year. It’s busy but as we prefer the lake the pool situation never bothered us. The pools by the apartments are never overly busy and if you go to the main pools in the afternoon you will always get sun beds. If you turn left at the lake entrance and walk a few mins there is a lovely area with pedalos and the water is very clean.

Have never had a problem with mosquitoes either but would use citronella candles in the evening time. It’s the area around Bella though that really makes the holiday. The walk to Pescheira is beautiful and nearby towns like Sirmione, Lazize, Garda etc are all well worth a visit. Add in Gardaland, Movieland and Caneva water park and there’s something for everyone.
    I would highly recommend the Monte Baldo cable cars we did it this year on a day of 39 degrees but it was only 26 on the mountain and the views were gorgeous. Also hiring a boat is a must especially if you have good swimmers among you who love to jump off the boat.

Even though I would love to explore other parts of Italy at the moment Lake Garda and Bella Italia tick all the boxes

We swam in the lake too, just skirted the fish :D
    €80 per hour, woof.

could have been longer maybe 90min

but you get the boat to yourself, 4 of us went on it and headed out into the lake and pulled up

Let my 2 lads do a bit of the driving aswell

I've hired jetskis for a lot more for the hour in other resorts

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    could have been longer maybe 90min

but you get the boat to yourself, 4 of us went on it and headed out into the lake and pulled up

Let my 2 lads do a bit of the driving aswell

I've hired jetskis for a lot more for the hour in other resorts

We usually hire a boat in Greece where a basic boat (30hp) is €80 for the day.
    Understood that this thread is about Lago di Garda so some things are going to be more expensive than elsewhere.

We usually hire a boat in Greece where a basic boat (30hp) is €80 for the day.
    Understood that this thread is about Lago di Garda so some things are going to be more expensive than elsewhere.

I got a 4 seater road buggy on a Greek island a few years ago for €80/day

Prices are not comparable between Greece and Italy

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bells12

For Bella Italia, can anyone recommend a good transfer company to get from Bergamo airport to the campsite as not renting a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭poppy37

bells12 wrote: »
    For Bella Italia, can anyone recommend a good transfer company to get from Bergamo airport to the campsite as not renting a car.

We have only ever flown into Verona and taken a taxi to Bella Italia. I have however seen Garda Easy Travel and Go Opti recommended. There is a link to Go Opti on the bottom of the Camping Bella Italia website.

There is a very helpful Bella Italia group on Facebook. It’s a closed group but once you request to join you will be granted access very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭manshay

poppy37 wrote: »
    We have only ever flown into Verona and taken a taxi to Bella Italia. I have however seen Garda Easy Travel and Go Opti recommended. There is a link to Go Opti on the bottom of the Camping Bella Italia website.

There is a very helpful Bella Italia group on Facebook. It’s a closed group but once you request to join you will be granted access very quickly

We used Go Opti from Verona to Bella Italia two years ago, they were excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

We're thinking of doing our first ever eurocamp next year. Kids will be 4 and 7 so probably a good age for it. We've always loved Italy so I guess it came up first on our list. So has anyone any suggestions for a camp? Proximity to an airport that may have competitive airline rates would be good. Willing to rent a car but not sure if it would be necessary. thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

I've been to Lake Garda for the last 2 years in two different camps
    Bella Italia which was brilliant . its a big camp great proximity to loads of towns around the lake and 10 minute drive from Garda land
    really great place
    and Eden which is on the other side of the lake much quieter but I really enjoyed it , it s pretty steep but great views and an amazing rooftop bar with a playground you can see just underneath it . you will need a car here as its not in walking distance to any town really .

great vibe around the lake we absolutely loved it .

you can fly into Milan or Venice or Verona

I would recommend a car for both

Advertisement