Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mature entry medicine 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ciara33

BohoBoo wrote: »
    Hi Ciara,

Were you at the MMI this year?

Yes BohoBoo. Perhaps we even chatted?? I was sitting in front row of seats before we started 🀗

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BohoBoo

Ciara33 wrote: »
    Hi Ciara,

Were you at the MMI this year?

Yes BohoBoo. Perhaps we even chatted?? I was sitting in front row of seats before we started 🀗

Maybe, I was first one there...does that ring any bells?

My long lost bestie!!! We were the only 2 in the room for ages...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BohoBoo

Ciara33 wrote: »

My long lost bestie!!! We were the only 2 in the room for ages...
    Haha yay. I'm also going to NUIG! So happy you are too :)

Haha yay. I'm also going to NUIG! So happy you are too :)

Brilliant news, delighted you'll be there🀗. We must have got bonus points for being early 😂. PM me at some stage before we start in Aug and we'll arrange to hook up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Mrs.Doyle28

Anyone get an offer from Trinity today??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bam_Bam_7777

Anyone get an offer from Trinity today??

Through CAO or the TCD portal???

Through CAO or the TCD portal???

TCD portal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bam_Bam_7777

TCD portal?

As in your mytcd account.

That's the one!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 ahorseortwo

So now the CAO offers are out ( or at least the first round of ones) Where did everyone end up?

Anyone else out there starting in RCSI September?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vladcount

nothing yet holding out for a prayer, got old from
    rcsi that no more than three places would be set out in august unless more people drop out

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kerber

Did anyone get UCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Staples_22

Hi Guys - new to the thread, wish I'd discovered it earlier - Great resource of info!

I was wondering, is there anyone out there who has been offered a mature entry place in Dublin, but who would prefer a place in Cork??
    If so please let me know!
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Casualcontrol1

just curious- is there a specific exam mature students do to gain access to medicine? Do you guys get in on your leaving cert points plus hpat or is there another route? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Staples_22

just curious- is there a specific exam mature students do to gain access to medicine? Do you guys get in on your leaving cert points plus hpat or is there another route? thanks

All mature entry applicants have to sit the Hpat. As far as I know, NUIG call the top 20 highest scoring applicants from the mature entry cohort for interview. I stress that these are the top 20 (or so) Hpat scores from people who are applying as mature students, not people who sit the heat in general. UCD are similar in that they set a minimum Hpat score in order to be eligible to be called for interview.

In general then for the other colleges you have to effectively submit a portfolio which includes a personal statement, your cv, academic transcripts as proof any previous education / qualifications, references and evidence of your previous work / voluntary experience, and basically anything else you deem valid for supporting your application.

Has the GEM offers come out yet and if so has anyone accepted and given up mature spot lol

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Beariski01

vladcount wrote: »
    Has the GEM offers come out yet and if so has anyone accepted and given up mature spot lol

Yes the gem round zero offers came out last Thursday!

Anyone hear anything from waitlist yet in RCSI I literally cannot wait. Suspense is killing me right now !

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Basscon22

Hi there,

Firstly congrats to all those who succeed in securing a place in medicine this year.

I'm extremely interested in studying medicine, has always been an obsession and dream of mine. I was wondering for those who just got accepted , could you provide some insight about your application.

What (if any) degree did you have?
    What volunteer experience did you have (how long have you been volunteering?
    Did you have any clinical experience?
    How did you HPAT go? (Percentile you placed in?)

Any information you could provide that you think is important for an application please share.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Those on waitlist should know by now for rcsi if they are running ship same as previous years, why are they so slow ! Anyone get anything from them ?? Anyone get a letter in post or email ??
    So nervous as im away on holidays this tuesday fr two weeks and want to know before I go ! I even sent a letter of intention and emailed celeste but nada ! Anyone have any luck ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ClaireDoh

Hey I'm hoping to apply as a mature student this year but am eligible to apply through the graduate entry.. I'm wondering if all the colleges still accept you through this entry route despite eligibility for the gamsat?

Hi Claire,
    I went the mature route myself but am pretty certain you can apply either way for most of the colleges , as I have heard of people doing that. However I do know that UL take grad entry only.

If you call the admissions offices of the medical schools they should be able to quickly answer that for definite...

Open evening in RCSI for MAP,
    How was last yrs one, should I wear a tie or not lol.
    Excited. And is it normal that prof. Hill is cc ed in your email lol.

Open evening in RCSI for MAP,
    How was last yrs one, should I wear a tie or not lol.
    Excited. And is it normal that prof. Hill is cc ed in your email lol.

I was there last year and it more an informal night, so a tie is unnecessary. Smart casual perhaps.

Anyone here applying for Medicine via Mature entry for 2018/2019?

Basscon22 wrote: »
    Anyone here applying for Medicine via Mature entry for 2018/2019?

Yup

Anyone here do the hpat this yr back a week or so ago ?
    Not a bad one i must say !
    Now to send CAO all the documents The joys

Anyone here do the hpat this yr back a week or so ago ?
    Not a bad one i must say !
    Now to send CAO all the documents The joys

Wishing you all the best for this year vladcount -

• Advertisement

Anyone get an email from Trinity today, requesting their CV?

Advertisement