Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ransom [CBS] [** Spoilers **]

Options
  • 31-12-2016 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭

First of the new mid-season shows, starts tomorrow in the States.

Time will tell if it's another forgettable procedural, but looks like it's worth checking out at least.

It's a bit worrying that the next 4 episodes (after the pilot) seem to be airing on Saturday nights ... surely a kiss of death.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This and Taken are going to be very very similar I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pretty poor, didn't grab me at all. This show is toast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mr E wrote: »
    Pretty poor, didn't grab me at all. This show is toast.
    Pretty much this; for being the episode one intending to grab you that was a very weak meta plot to run with :/
    I'm the daughter of the woman you loved who died during one of your negotiations but you were never told about.

Calling the pilot average would be doing a favour and it looks like CBS know that as well and giving it a Saturday night slot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

And I'm done with the series; yet another at best lukewarm performance of generic stereotypes without anything resembling a reason to continue watching it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

It's a Saturday show, so any hope that this would actually be reasonable was minimal anyhow and after episode 2 it's clear why this is a Saturday show.

Nody sums it up nicely above.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,019 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is starting on Universal Channel on Monday June 5th at 9pm

Renewed for a 3rd season.

Never got past the pilot I might give it a second chance now it's got a few seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,019 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Renewed for a 3rd season.

Never got past the pilot I might give it a second chance now it's got a few seasons.

Was it not cancelled and then uncancelled?

It started back tonight again on Universal Channel (Sky UK), season 2

Advertisement