Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protein

• 22-08-2013 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I'm planning on bulking up a good bit over autumn and winter for the new season and was wonderin how good protein was? Like will it be a huge help to me or is it worth buying? I'm 17 btw. And is it good to take after an endurance session like circuits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I assume you're talking about supplementing with whey here. It's not necessary but does make it easier if you have trouble getting your protein from food sources. Ideally you want to get all your protein from food like meat, nuts, fish and probably a few other sources I'm forgetting right now. If you track your food you want to be hitting about 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight. It won't all be used for muscle building but what's left over will be used for energy and better to have too much than too little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement