Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hats in the ring if you are interested in being a mod here.

• 07-02-2008 4:33pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If you have an interest in being a mod or think that someone else would make a good mod here then put your Boards nick or theirs here. This isnt a vote, its just an expression of willingness.

Thanks!

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yeah I'll throw my name forward.

Des F also expressed an interest I think when we were putting forward the idea of the forum. He's quite an experienced mod so I'll say him too if he's still up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

yes please consider me too

thanks

:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Mod must be able to name all 16 AFL clubs without using google :D

.. and name the 2 founding clubs of the Lions..

snyper wrote: »
    Mod must be able to name all 16 AFL clubs without using google :D

.. and name the 2 founding clubs of the Lions..

16 clubs is easy

2 founding clubs of the lions are -
    Brisbane Bears and Fitzroy Lions

I've even seen
    Fitzroy
    play back in '96. Do I qualify?! :D

I will discuss this with DeVore.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

who the **** are you?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hi DeV,

I'd do this alright, but I reckon Xavi6 would do a stand up job too.

Maybe it could do with two mods perhaps? If the forum takes off, and gets any way busy we could do with someone in the Aus time zone (like Xavi6 is) and maybe one here in Ireland to look after the Irish contingent.

There are a fair few Irish lads playing over there now, so I can see there being an interest this side of the planet anyway.

Anyway, yeah, if you need someone to do it, then I'm more than willing.

Des

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

Yeah I'd mod no problem. Other than that, I reckon Xavi6 would be a great choice. He is very knowledgeable about all things Australian Football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I'd do be up for it too. Though I'm hoping the forum wont need much modding.

Definitely feel though that Xavi would be a good mod for it. He put a good lot of effort into the feedback/forum thread that it almost feels like his forum already.

Well, i defo think there should be a forum for the AFL.

Considering the subforums that are already on boards i think that there would be a decent amount of activity in it.

• Advertisement

Considering the subforums that are already on boards i think that there would be a decent amount of activity in it.

:confused: Are you being serious? We already have a forum and you're posting in it. This is just to see who mods it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

+1 vote for Xavi6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

+1 vote for Xavi6

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

do shut up.

do shut up.

do shut up .I.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Can I be a mod somewhere else??? (on this forum I mean):D

*Kol* wrote: »
    Can I be a mod somewhere else??? (on this forum I mean):D

2 mods is more than enough considering the amount of traffic we're going to get (or not get). Feel free to contribute though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement