Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The mame of shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,408 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

What the actual **** :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

wow, thats unreal, so much to look at it. I think the steering wheel is wrapped with Plasters.

wow, thats unreal, so much to look at it. I think the steering wheel is wrapped with Plasters.

Look at the way the emblem is mounted under the covering on the steering wheel :confused:

I keep seeing more, like why is there a 2 player slide out control panel on the bottom? if its for 4 player games, then the top two players are sitting on your face and your neck is broke looking up at the screen.

Master of the Universe

I keep seeing more

I know, right???

I've looked at it a few times now and only just noticed the little link stained glass window style thing on the bottom left corner.

• Advertisement

I think the control panel isnt even flat !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Definitely a winner. It's the gift that keeps on giving

Master of the Universe

Where did you see that on VAC? was it someone over there?

Please post a link so I can ridicule them :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I have a SlikStik - I got it from the company as payment for ads on my "MAME ROM Links" website back in the day.
    It's massive, but it's still going strong on my cab.... (That's why I'll never post a picture of my franken-cab in case it ends up on this thread....)

I had one as well , dismantled it , used most of the parts in actual cabinet , years later used the base with sidebuttons for a vr pinball controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Seen this over on ukvac,
    hl70k9yft4v21.jpg

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Seen this over on ukvac,
    hl70k9yft4v21.jpg

"Had to look at it a few times, I thought they had built it around the Fireplace to start with" Bods

:D:D:D

-I love the bbq style shelves

Master of the Universe

I generally really recoil in horror whenever I see console games as themes for arcade machines, but check out the quality of this as a comparison with that previous zelda one. CRT and all.

The bezel is amazing.

sqqshnflolvf573ouz9s.jpg

That looks pretty good, i hope its scratch built though, id hate to see someone gut an original nintendo cab like that. Id say it is though looking at the speaker holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah console games as arcade machines are generally pretty dumb imo. But that is a great cab, the speaker hole is actually really clever.

I'd prefer to see that craftsmanship put into a cab for am arcade theme. marvel Vs capcom cab with that work out in would be pretty amazing!

Master of the Universe

If I saw this up the north with a tri colour on the side I'd think it was an 11th of July bonfire.

u5yx02tza2x21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

It's very hard to make a cab so bad, it's actually dangerous....but hey, someone seems to have....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Donkey kong himself is the only person capable of playing this comfortably

Donkey kong himself is the only person capable of playing this comfortably

Another case of style vs substance.

I've always wanted a cocktail cabinet but I know it would be piled high with ****e!
    I remember the first time I seen one. I was about 10 I'd say on holidays in Spain and there was one in a bar.
    Cant remember the game but I couldn't believe what I was seeing!!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I've always wanted a cocktail cabinet but I know it would be piled high with ****e! I remember the first time I seen one. I was about 10 I'd say on holidays in Spain and there was one in a bar. Cant remember the game but I couldn't believe what I was seeing!!!

I was 7, the game was Tank. Loved it 10p a game at my sister's 21st. I was decked out in my suit and fed a constant heap of 10ps by her guests

That’s funny because the only two cocktails I seen in real life when I was young was Space Invaders in the Sacre coeur hotel in Galway and a Tank Battalion in a pub in Ballyfermot.

Those are the only two I ever played.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Saw a Ms Pacman one before. Was in a family restaurant on holidays somewhere and a few of the tables were various cocktail cabinets.

Master of the Universe

They had one in the Dalkey Island Hotel many moons ago when I was a kid, probably talking the early to mid 90s. Had Bomb Jack running in it.

Wonder whatever happened to that after they tore the hotel down.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've a feeling they just wound up in a skip, along with heaven knows how many other precious and rare cabs of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

think the only way to enjoy these properly is to use them as a functional table too. ours is used as a coffee table and gets regular play. But ironically they need a much bigger footprint than a standard cab so they're hard to really integrate in a game room were it's easier to fit two standup cabs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,302 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

a pub in Howth that I used to drink in had Major Title 2 and Super Space Invaders
    it was great having a pint while zapping aliens

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Don't those things cause neck strain after a while though?

Those monitors don't look like they're at a comfortable viewing angle...

Master of the Universe

Yeah they're really not designed for long periods of play. I'd only ever associate them with shooters/vertical games where your character is moving up.

For example, no ****ing way would I even try this;

SFIItable2.jpg

This on the other hand, maybe;

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

deadl0ck wrote:
    Beauty of a control panel here:
    Apparently the spinners are not in the way of the sticks, due to people's normal 230 degree and 30 degree something or other. TLDR.
    Obviously the knee drop during a finishing fireball would rip the hand off you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

o1s1n wrote: »
    If I saw this up the north with a tri colour on the side I'd think it was an 11th of July bonfire.

u5yx02tza2x21.jpg

I don’t mind that actually as it is rustic and shows basic carpentry skills.

I am from NI and you will probably laugh but we do like our pallets around here.

I know ones who make furniture out of them too and they look alright. This cab isn’t anywhere near the worst compared to some of the monstrosities before. Lol.

Advertisement