Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pair of remote control cars

• 10-12-2018 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi, I am wondering would anyone have a suggestion of a decent set of remote control cars. I am finding it surprisingly difficult to find a set - plenty of reviews of a single RC Car but I am wary of buying 2 separately since I want these to race against each other so I would like to buy a pair out of the box ready to do this. Found a few really small ones but I'm thinking not matchbox sized. Just battery powered is fine, I'm not looking for petrol engines. Any suggestions welcome :)

Comments

I am by no stretch of the imagination an expert here. I remember getting RC cars as a child and we couldn't race them as they apparently were on the same frequency or something (so we would be controlling each others cars randomly, etc.).

But I seen an RC car in Lidl last week, and it had a 'point of view' camera mounted on the roof. According to the box, it had a choice of (I think two) different frequencies or could connect via Wifi. So I presume these options would mean that you could have two cars racing at the same time on two different frequencies (or presumably, an unlimited amount, if everyone is using their phone/wifi along the way?).

So perhaps thats the feature/spec you need to look for?

Advertisement