Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Season 30. Will forum last?

• 03-11-2016 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭

Season 30 starts next week but will forum last it?
    Are many still playing?
    Started playing in Season 11 and had a few seasons getting used to game and then a few up and down from division 3 and been steady enough in division 3 for the past 8/9 seasons

What do we need to try kick start the forum again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Season 30 starts next week but will forum last it?
    Are many still playing?
    Started playing in Season 11 and had a few seasons getting used to game and then a few up and down from division 3 and been steady enough in division 3 for the past 8/9 seasons

What do we need to try kick start the forum again?
    Ya everything in blackout is gone quiet enough I fine it hard to get on anywhere close where I use to even though Imy going through a little rebuild. What's your team name that's about when I started been in division 2 with my Irish team for about 6 seasons should of challenged for 1st this season only for me to be inactive the playoffs week and lose the semi smashed 3rd place final tho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

I think the revamp (failure) and new generation of the game will see a lot of players leave in the next few months.

In fairness, why try hard to win a dying game? there will be some die-hards who will want to win no matter, but with people leaving, the challenge wont be there and ultimately the game will fizzle out. I think season 30 will be the last proper season, and after that you'll see a lot of bots appearing.

but wow :) a new thread in the BR forum.....nothing here but wilderness for months now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

i got busy and my team was tipping along. forgot to log in and went bot. bit disappointed as didn't get any warnings or anything.

it had got a bit stale and you needed to put a lot of time into the game to get much return. couldn't get into it much so going bot saved me quitting really.

eoferrall wrote: »
    i got busy and my team was tipping along. forgot to log in and went bot. bit disappointed as didn't get any warnings or anything.

it had got a bit stale and you needed to put a lot of time into the game to get much return. couldn't get into it much so going bot saved me quitting really.

Fewi's gone too.

I'm giving this season a big push, but reckon thats it then. My premium for the affiliate is up at that stage, and i'm not putting anymore money into it as the site is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Stuck mid table in division 3. Nowhere near good enough to go to division2 and don't have enough time to really change team to go up and wont go down to division 4...

• Advertisement

daheff wrote: »

I'm giving this season a big push, but reckon thats it then.

so much for giving this season a big push...forgot to set team for most matches this season already! Going to struggle to stay up at this rate!!!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Would anybody be interested in one last Boards League? Purely for nostalgia purposes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Would anybody be interested in one last Boards League? Purely for nostalgia purposes!

i would but alas team went bot, i am sure I was still a paying user so that annoyed me.:mad:

won't be starting again!

yeah why not...but i dont have time to organise anything...so if somebody else can do it, it would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

daheff wrote: »
    Fewi's gone too.

I'm giving this season a big push, but reckon thats it then. My premium for the affiliate is up at that stage, and i'm not putting anymore money into it as the site is going.

Decided to boot up the aul boards account, just to keep her ticking over and pop the head in, actually forgetting that I was no longer playing BR :pac:

Yeah, I was keeping my team going, then my subscription ran out and I wasn't bothered paying for it again. Then it became more of a chore and while it was fun to battle to avoid relegation from Div 2, some relatively new player decided to give me a load of smack talk. I imagine he was some 18 year old with all the enthusiasm and spare time that goes with it, mad for reading through match reports to decipher defences etc.
    Anyhows, at one point he essentially says "why do you bother logging in anymore if you don't care?" and yeah, valid point, goodbye team.
    I was tempted to sell all my players and start from scratch, but, sure there are so few human teams in the lower leagues, I'd just be bored. And I looked and saw I started in season 6 or 9 or something and we were up to what, 28 or something? That was long enough.

Plus there were loads of changes to the game that just kinda annoyed me. Something about bonus points, where it no longer made any sense to go for anything but a win. Can't remember exactly, but so often I avoided relegation on those bonus points won by making the big teams think I was dead and then lashing on the LTNT when they weren't looking :cool:

• Advertisement

Yeah saw you went bot a while back...sad day!!

Not so much time to look at it myself...struggled to make top 4 this season with the best csr in the league....sneaky semi playoff win was like winning league though.

BR changed their mind again over the porting of teams to new game. First they were..Now they aren't. Starting to wonder if new game will happen...prob go the same way as the revamp website...half done & then give up/get sidetracked.

Wont be resubscribing when my premium is up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

Letting my team go bot today, despite the warning emails from BR.

I logged in once to keep the team going but didnt log in once in the next 4 week period. A big difference from the days I would log in at least twice a week. My team needs a revamp, but I dont have the heart or time to learn the new rules etc to do it again from Div 3 mediocrity.

Was fun getting my team to top 10 in Ireland and missing out on Div 1 by a kick in a playoff, and then getting to Cup semis around the same time, but the weakness in the game I feel is that it seems to be impossible to maintain a strong squad once your first generation started to age. There just wasn't enough training slots and/or money to stop the sawtooth effect in my teams fortunes.

Peace out. :-)

Advertisement