Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Etsy website

• 10-07-2020 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Any of you guys ever bought anything (e.g. watch) on ETSY website? U can't pay with Paypal so it's a little bit risky to pay with a card.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I have bought a few things on Etsy (not watches) in the last few months and used PayPal each time. It can depend on the seller though, where they are based or whether they have opted to accept PayPal payments.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Last time I looked at watches on etsy there were a lot of fakes and pocket watches converted to wrist all claiming to be authentic. If you're looking at vintage stuff I'd be very careful myself.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I've had a mixed bag - so great items (especially handmade stuff that people sell themselves) and then some fraudsters too - I wouldn't make a big purchase with a seller unless I trusted them first...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

You certainly need to know your traders, you could be buying anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭asgaard

Thanks for all suggestions/tips. Stay safe lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

asgaard wrote: »
    Any of you guys ever bought anything (e.g. watch) on ETSY website? U can't pay with Paypal so it's a little bit risky to pay with a card.

Thanks

Bought a watch strap there, pretty decent for a cheap price. Bought art and other bits and pieces of jewelry etc over the years too, I am not sure I buy anything that "authenticity" was truly important from there but have bought 10+ items and never an issue with delivery or products not being as advertised.

Advertisement