Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Noisy Triton T90Z

• 01-07-2020 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Our Triton T90Z approximately 4-5 years old has become quite noisy. It's not a constant noise but there most of the time. Water coming out fine & heating normally. Any way to know if it could be motor or brushes & if it was motor, is it worth spending the money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

newmum62 wrote: »
    Our Triton T90Z approximately 4-5 years old has become quite noisy. It's not a constant noise but there most of the time. Water coming out fine & heating normally. Any way to know if it could be motor or brushes & if it was motor, is it worth spending the money?

Rule of thumb: motor gets quieter = brushes / Dying motor. Motor gets nosier = bearings.

It's not the brushes thats for certain. New motor is around 160 euro supplied & fitted in Dublin. New Triton T90SR silent will be under 350 euro supplied & fitted in the Dublin area. Personally I think replacement is better value as you get new hose, head & shower pole

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭newmum62

Thanks for that advice which is very helpful.
    I was beginning to think new was better as on reflection I think it's more like 6/7 years old. That's helped me make my decision.

Thanks.
    Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Rule of thumb: motor gets quieter = brushes / Dying motor. Motor gets nosier = bearings.

It's not the brushes thats for certain. New motor is around 160 euro supplied & fitted in Dublin. New Triton T90SR silent will be under 350 euro supplied & fitted in the Dublin area. Personally I think replacement is better value as you get new hose, head & shower pole

Advertisement