Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

looking for a name on a piece of rock climbing /safety equipment

Options
  • 28-06-2020 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

hiya guys thanks in advance for any help, many years ago i was on a adventure day on a foreign holiday where i did a rock climbing wall. i was in a harness and attached to a spring loaded strap. as i climbed higher the strap retracted into a little box about the size of a 4pack of coke cans. when i got to the top i just let go and the strap slowly came out of the box and i when down at a safe speed.

the strap was about 1in wide it covered a distance of about 30ft and i remember asking the guy if they were expensive? he said about 500 dollars.

i have tried to find such a device on the internet but failed from my research so far I've concluded it must be some sort of an automatic decent control device but I've found none anywhere if that type. anybody know what exactly it could be called or where i might acquire one ? thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Sparkey84 wrote: »
    hiya guys thanks in advance for any help, many years ago i was on a adventure day on a foreign holiday where i did a rock climbing wall. i was in a harness and attached to a spring loaded strap. as i climbed higher the strap retracted into a little box about the size of a 4pack of coke cans. when i got to the top i just let go and the strap slowly came out of the box and i when down at a safe speed.

the strap was about 1in wide it covered a distance of about 30ft and i remember asking the guy if they were expensive? he said about 500 dollars.

i have tried to find such a device on the internet but failed from my research so far I've concluded it must be some sort of an automatic decent control device but I've found none anywhere if that type. anybody know what exactly it could be called or where i might acquire one ? thanks guys

I think you’re referring to an auto belay

Advertisement