Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online proctered testing

• 24-03-2020 9:10am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So given that all the testing centers are closed, does anyone have a list of exams that can be done online at home ?

Only one that I know of is the ITIL exam

Anyone know if the Microsoft exams (those that still remain) can be done at home ?

My PMP instructor informed me and the class yesterday that they expect the PMI to move to online testing if centers cant be opened (I guess no exams, no revenue ?)

Also recently found out that Dublin now has the country's only CISSP/PMP test center...... annoying

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Surely you could burn through the Azure/Office 365 exams if one were temporarily laid off ?

Can the A+, Net+, Sec+ be done remotely ?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

CompTIA & CCNA both available online now mate.

horgan_p wrote: »
    Surely you could burn through the Azure/Office 365 exams if one were temporarily laid off ?

Can the A+, Net+, Sec+ be done remotely ?

Did this last night, relatively straight-forward process except I had AnyDesk running in the background, so proctor called me and asked to shut it and I was away then. (I passed, somehow, it was extremely difficult)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Did this last night, relatively straight-forward process except I had AnyDesk running in the background, so proctor called me and asked to shut it and I was away then. (I passed, somehow, it was extremely difficult)

Well done on passing. What exam did you do? What’s AnyDesk?

Well done on passing. What exam did you do? What’s AnyDesk?

Thank you, I did the Comptia Net+. Scored a 777 out of 900 (720 to pass, so just scrope in).

Anydesk is a remote desktop software similar to team viewer, a step or two down from RDC and RealVNC. You cant have any applications running when you enter the exam, usually having no tabs open on your taskbar is enough; I didnt realise this was running in the background. They called me via the laptop and as soon as I opened task manager i realised this was what was preventing it starting (Proctor didnt know either, or else he was checking to see if I was planning on cheating!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭irishgeo

anyone done a microsft one just wondering on what ids they take.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭drunk_monk

I'm sitting the AZ-900 this Friday (got free voucher) and this is what they have sent me, hope it helps:

Admission Policy
    PLEASE NOTE THIS EXAM IS PROCTORED IN ENGLISH ONLY. THERE IS NOT AN OPTION FOR LOCAL LANGUAGE PROCTORING AT THIS TIME.
    PERFORM A SYSTEM TEST (Prior to Exam Day):
    Please follow this link to perform a SYSTEM TEST from the same computer and location you will be testing from on exam day: http://www.pearsonvue.com/microsoft/op. Ensure you have administrative rights on your computer to be able to download the software.
    If your system does not meet the requirements please register to take the exam at a testing center. If your computer is found not to meet requirements on the exam day you are unlikely to receive a refund.
    REVIEW EXAM INFORMATION (Prior to Exam Day):
    Please follow this link http://www.pearsonvue.com/microsoft/op to find information on:
    • Exam policies
    • System requirements
    • Admission steps.

REVIEW ID POLICIES (Prior to Exam Day):
    Please be prepared to show one (1) valid form of unexpired, Government issued personal ID.
    • The Government issued ID must have your signature and must have your photo.
    • The name on the registration must match the names on the Government issued ID exactly.

Please note that we are unable to accept the following ID’s for an online proctored exam.
    • Renewal forms with expired ID’s
    • Government Issued name change documents with Government ID.

START YOUR EXAM (Exam Day):
    • Login: START YOUR EXAM (Exam Day):
    • Login: www.microsoft.com/learning
    • Click “Dashboard” to view your appointments, and then choose “Start a previously scheduled online proctored exam.”
    • Click on your exam under 'Purchased Online Exams'
    • Click “Begin” and proceed through the self check-in process and wait for a Proctor to connect with you

We recommend logging in 15 minutes early to start the check-in process. YOU WILL ONLY HAVE up to 15 minutes after your scheduled appointment time to begin the exam process.
    This exam admission process also includes the following Enhanced Security Protocol admission steps: Digital Photograph
    You will not be allowed to have any personal items with you in your testing environment. This includes all bags, books not authorized by the testing program, notes, pagers, and watches. Please note you are required to have a clean and clutter free workstation. During check-in, the Greeter will ask you to scan the room and will inspect any materials near your workstation.
    Facial Comparison Policy
    You understand and agree that Pearson VUE may use facial comparison technology for the purpose of verifying your identity during the testing process. It will compare your facial image to the one on your identification and to facial images captured during the testing process and help us further develop, upgrade, and improve this application. If you do not agree to the use of facial comparison technology during your testing session, do not accept this term. You will not be able to complete your registration online. Instead, please call the Pearson VUE call center to complete your registration.
    Reschedule Policy
    There is no charge if you reschedule an exam appointment at least 6 business days prior to your appointment. There is a fee of 12.5% (based on the current Microsoft exam price as published on Microsoft.com/learning) for rescheduling your appointment 5 business days or less before your exam date. If you fail to show up for your exam appointment (no-show) or dont reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment, you forfeit your entire exam fee. Business days are Monday-Friday, not including holidays.
    You may reschedule your appointment by calling the Pearson VUE call center, contacting the test center where your appointment is scheduled, or accessing the Microsoft Learning website and choosing the reschedule action. If you registered with accommodations, you must reschedule through the call center.
    Cancellation Policy
    There is no charge if you cancel an exam appointment at least 6 business days prior to your appointment. There is a fee of 12.5% (based on the current Microsoft exam price as published on Microsoft.com/learning) for cancelling your appointment 5 business days or less before your exam date.
    If you fail to show up for your exam appointment (no-show) or dont cancel your appointment at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment, you forfeit your entire exam fee. Business days are Monday-Friday, not including holidays.
    You may cancel your appointment by calling the Pearson VUE call center, contacting the test center where your appointment is scheduled, or accessing the Microsoft Learning website and choosing the reschedule action. If you registered with accommodations, you must cancel through the call center.

drunk_monk wrote: »
    I'm sitting the AZ-900 this Friday (got free voucher) and this is what they have sent me, hope it helps:

Admission Policy
    PLEASE NOTE THIS EXAM IS PROCTORED IN ENGLISH ONLY. THERE IS NOT AN OPTION FOR LOCAL LANGUAGE PROCTORING AT THIS TIME.
    PERFORM A SYSTEM TEST (Prior to Exam Day):
    Please follow this link to perform a SYSTEM TEST from the same computer and location you will be testing from on exam day: http://www.pearsonvue.com/microsoft/op. Ensure you have administrative rights on your computer to be able to download the software.
    If your system does not meet the requirements please register to take the exam at a testing center. If your computer is found not to meet requirements on the exam day you are unlikely to receive a refund.
    REVIEW EXAM INFORMATION (Prior to Exam Day):
    Please follow this link http://www.pearsonvue.com/microsoft/op to find information on:
    • Exam policies
    • System requirements
    • Admission steps.

REVIEW ID POLICIES (Prior to Exam Day):
    Please be prepared to show one (1) valid form of unexpired, Government issued personal ID.
    • The Government issued ID must have your signature and must have your photo.
    • The name on the registration must match the names on the Government issued ID exactly.

Please note that we are unable to accept the following ID’s for an online proctored exam.
    • Renewal forms with expired ID’s
    • Government Issued name change documents with Government ID.

START YOUR EXAM (Exam Day):
    • Login: START YOUR EXAM (Exam Day):
    • Login: www.microsoft.com/learning
    • Click “Dashboard” to view your appointments, and then choose “Start a previously scheduled online proctored exam.”
    • Click on your exam under 'Purchased Online Exams'
    • Click “Begin” and proceed through the self check-in process and wait for a Proctor to connect with you

We recommend logging in 15 minutes early to start the check-in process. YOU WILL ONLY HAVE up to 15 minutes after your scheduled appointment time to begin the exam process.
    This exam admission process also includes the following Enhanced Security Protocol admission steps: Digital Photograph
    You will not be allowed to have any personal items with you in your testing environment. This includes all bags, books not authorized by the testing program, notes, pagers, and watches. Please note you are required to have a clean and clutter free workstation. During check-in, the Greeter will ask you to scan the room and will inspect any materials near your workstation.
    Facial Comparison Policy
    You understand and agree that Pearson VUE may use facial comparison technology for the purpose of verifying your identity during the testing process. It will compare your facial image to the one on your identification and to facial images captured during the testing process and help us further develop, upgrade, and improve this application. If you do not agree to the use of facial comparison technology during your testing session, do not accept this term. You will not be able to complete your registration online. Instead, please call the Pearson VUE call center to complete your registration.
    Reschedule Policy
    There is no charge if you reschedule an exam appointment at least 6 business days prior to your appointment. There is a fee of 12.5% (based on the current Microsoft exam price as published on Microsoft.com/learning) for rescheduling your appointment 5 business days or less before your exam date. If you fail to show up for your exam appointment (no-show) or dont reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment, you forfeit your entire exam fee. Business days are Monday-Friday, not including holidays.
    You may reschedule your appointment by calling the Pearson VUE call center, contacting the test center where your appointment is scheduled, or accessing the Microsoft Learning website and choosing the reschedule action. If you registered with accommodations, you must reschedule through the call center.
    Cancellation Policy
    There is no charge if you cancel an exam appointment at least 6 business days prior to your appointment. There is a fee of 12.5% (based on the current Microsoft exam price as published on Microsoft.com/learning) for cancelling your appointment 5 business days or less before your exam date.
    If you fail to show up for your exam appointment (no-show) or dont cancel your appointment at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment, you forfeit your entire exam fee. Business days are Monday-Friday, not including holidays.
    You may cancel your appointment by calling the Pearson VUE call center, contacting the test center where your appointment is scheduled, or accessing the Microsoft Learning website and choosing the reschedule action. If you registered with accommodations, you must cancel through the call center.

Let me know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭drunk_monk

It's a straight forward process. After clicking on the link I received in an email I selected to use my phone. I was then sent a link which opened up my browser and I then had to take and upload photo's of myself, my driving licence (front and back) and four pictures of my room, one towards the desk area, one away and one each to the left and right of it. Once approved the exam begins. I started this process 15 minutes before the scheduled time and it took that to get it all sorted. The moderator sent me a message during the exam to ask me not to read the questions out loud.

All in all I can't fault it and will definitely use this again.

Oh and I passed :)

It's a straight forward process. After clicking on the link I received in an email I selected to use my phone. I was then sent a link which opened up my browser and I then had to take and upload photo's of myself, my driving licence (front and back) and four pictures of my room, one towards the desk area, one away and one each to the left and right of it. Once approved the exam begins. I started this process 15 minutes before the scheduled time and it took that to get it all sorted. The moderator sent me a message during the exam to ask me not to read the questions out loud.

congrats, im doing this next weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Well done.

So do you have a cam and your mic on? Why take pics of your room?

Well done.

yes cam and mic are required so they can hear if your talking to someone or someone comes in. the pics of the room are to ensure you havent got notes stashed somewhere.

Well done.

They look for screens and the like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Does anybody know of an exam centre in Cork so I don't have to travel to theexamcentre.ie in Dublin? Exam centres should be open in Sept when I plan on booking my test.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

BruteStock wrote: »
    Does anybody know of an exam centre in Cork so I don't have to travel to theexamcentre.ie in Dublin? Exam centres should be open in Sept when I plan on booking my test.

Depends on who is the provider.

Microsoft exams can be done in the Cork ETB
    Pearson Vue - some can be done online - such as the PMP (project managemnt professional)

CISSP - wait until the exam center opens. yes, it sucks.

Advertisement