Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The kickstarter adventures of Sólás - solaswatches.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭banie01

MAJJ wrote: »
    Congratulations to you Diyu and your wife. Take the time to enjoy this special time.

Congrats to you and the Mrs, Diyu.
    The advice above is A1!
    Take every opportunity to cuddle him and make plenty of memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Congratulations to you and your family

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Congrats Diyu. Hope mother and baby are doing well!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ahhh. :) Congrats!

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Congratulations, it's all happening at once for you, all the best to mom and baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Cute looking baby. Congratulations to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Delighted to hear it, @ThirdFox

All the very best to you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭griffin100

Congrats Thirdfox to you and your family.

Can’t believe you took the time to dispatch my Starlight yesterday and email me an update. Now that’s multitasking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Wow. Comhghairdeas. That's your Sólás shattered for a good 10 years or so! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭interlocked

Congrats Diyu and Mrs Diyu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

griffin100 wrote: »
    Congrats Thirdfox to you and your family.

Can’t believe you took the time to dispatch my Starlight yesterday and email me an update. Now that’s multitasking.

Try MsThirdfox who finished work on Friday and had Eoghan Saturday evening…

I was literally typing out an email to a group of customers - had to sign off with [oh and my wife seems to be going into labour now so this email is going to be cut short…]

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

Congratulations to you and the other half TF! Lovely choice of name btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

@Thirdfox: +1 on the name! Same as my eldest.
    Auspicious 😄

Eoghan transliterates into Chinese very well btw - Oh-wen 欧文 - Wen being a character used by both my parents-in-law in their names (as I wanted to pay respects to them too since Wu is taking the surname...) and Oh/Ou being the character for Europe being a reflection of our journey from China to our new home. Wen means cultured by the way - so you can tell your son that he's a "cultured European" in China @Lorddrakul ;)

Interesting that the baby is Eoghan Liu until he gets officially registered per Irish hospital protocols :D - parents in law will be chuffed (as well as my mother who is another Liu too).

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭tobdom

Congrats Diyu, enjoy your new world!
    No customs to be paid on that delivery :-P

tobdom wrote: »
    Congrats Diyu, enjoy your new world!
    No customs to be paid on that delivery :-P

Of course not! Made in Ireland after all :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Though you may not have as much fun with these movements!

Big congrats, and a good choice of name.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Of course not! Made in Ireland after all :D

Assembled in Ireland!

Congrats!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You made him and threw away the mould! Even if you have more, they will all be unique pieces. :) Congratulations to both proud parents and all the family on Eoghan's arrival. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQEPG4_r179/?utm_medium=copy_link

My Sólás has been delivered (under Dublin starlight) :D:D:D

Congratulations, i'm delighted for you and Mrs TF, and i hope Eoghan in is settling in well at home. On a side note that strap you have on the Starlight is absolutely stunning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Congrats on both of your babies TF.

The panic of quick onset Labour is gas though, thought my missus had wet herself the way she ran the the toilet on our first, just turns out he was 5 weeks early.

Enjoy your time with him

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Congrats TF, life will never be the same! All the best to Mrs. TF as well.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

See if you can spot your watch here:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/solaswatches/solas-starlight-an-irish-affordable-micro-rotor-watch/posts/3220368

@Time - btw it's a prototype strap - I'm putting it through its paces to see if it will withstand someone wearing it sloppily and if so, be able to offer it publicly. It's something I'd want to offer as an add-on option for the Equinox seeing that divers and leather straps generally don't mix but I do want to support Turas as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

@Time - btw it's a prototype strap - I'm putting it through its paces to see if it will withstand someone wearing it sloppily and if so, be able to offer it publicly. It's something I'd want to offer as an add-on option for the Equinox seeing that divers and leather straps generally don't mix but I do want to support Turas as much as possible.

If it works out please let me buy one for the Starlight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭griffin100

Starlight finally arrived yesterday, posted to me just before baby fox arrived :)

Absolutely delighted with it. The dial under sunlight is amazing, but is still subtle enough under indoor light that it doesn't look like a glitter ball.

The strap is extremely conformable and the watch size and weight are perfect for me. In fact my wife has taken a real liking to it due it's nice size.

I'm not a fan of date windows usually and if buying now would probably order a unit without one, but it's extremely legible even for a old man like me with poor eyesight so I actually like it.

Overall very satisfied with the watch. TF you should be proud of what you have achieved.

Happy Father's Day (and potential Fathers to be :) ) I guess Eoghan just wanted to make sure he arrived in time for the celebration (he was due on the 23rd).

kj9jREAh.jpg

T6oMikuh.jpg

OW7SBduh.jpg

kY7p2Kxh.jpg

ptZWcKrh.jpg

For the day that's in it, I'm actually not wearing my Starlight today - but rather my last gift that I received from my Father as I passed into adulthood:
    hbgHeR1h.jpg

The factory came back with the Equinox redesign since we moved to the SW-300 - we're keeping the 11.4mm height but can now offer 200m wr. That should close off any concerns people may have about a dive watch with "only" 100m wr (and thus cannot be put under a running tap due to dynamic water pressures forcing water molecules past seals… :pac:)

Still going to release a 1m+ wr dive watch some day I reckon :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQl4X0NrhH8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Link to our official announcement of the SW-300 in the Equinox - I didn't know that Hublot and Zenith also used the movement in their watches until today, some fine company to be joining :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭banie01

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQl4X0NrhH8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Link to our official announcement of the SW-300 in the Equinox - I didn't know that Hublot and Zenith also used the movement in their watches until today, some fine company to be joining :)

Just read the announcement via my alternate insta.
    Some interesting replies from you re: the rotor too ;)

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the change in movement and access to a 3d printer has done for your prototyping and creativity.
    I have a sneaking suspicion this one is going to be astonishing!

Advertisement