Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Regular Season Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Good man Jay Bruce. A beauty of a grand slam homer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Othani homered again - 3 straight games - this one was 449ft!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

7 wins on the bounce for Red Sox, admittedly a very kind schedule.
    Xander with 6 RBI today.

Mets now 6 and 1. Ok, it's very early but by this stage last season the wheels had already started to come off in spectacular style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

ShyMets wrote: »
    Mets now 6 and 1. Ok, it's very early but by this stage last season the wheels had already started to come off in spectacular style.

Pity the real Hansel Robles (complete with pointing to the sky) was back today. I was liking the fake version we had in his last 2 appearances.

• Advertisement

Pity the real Hansel Robles (complete with pointing to the sky) was back today. I was liking the fake version we had in his last 2 appearances.

Robles hasn't really put a foot wrong so far. Which I find both surprising and delightful at the same time. Could he be turning the preverbal corner. Let's hope

Phillies are beating Marlins 20-1 in the 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,792 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Robles hasn't really put a foot wrong so far. Which I find both surprising and delightful at the same time. Could he be turning the preverbal corner. Let's hope

Harper hits well. And, they won the game.
    I'm holding on to the memory of Thursday's game where deGrom pitched out of 2 on, no outs, with Harper, him getting on base and then no runs scoring. Best moment in this early season. Helped with some of the worst memories from last year's disaster.

Probably the walk off that travelled the least distance from home plate

https://www.mlb.com/video/must-c-astros-walk-off-victory/c-1915720183

Phillies are beating Marlins 20-1 in the 8th.

Derek Jeter earning his $5m a year salary with the roster he's put together there then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

That angels team is looking pretty good Upton and Othani have hit 3 hrs already and Kinsler is still out!! They will be hard to keep out of the postseason.

That angels team is looking pretty good Upton and Othani have hit 3 hrs already and Kinsler is still out!! They will be hard to keep out of the postseason.

Othani's pitching today so I'll definitely be tuning in for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Yeah that should be a good watch,im expecting Mariners twins to be called off as there expecting a few inches of snow in Minnesota today

Yeah that should be a good watch,im expecting Mariners twins to be called off as there expecting a few inches of snow in Minnesota today

It got called off. Going to be awkward to make that one up.

It got called off. Going to be awkward to make that one up.

I know because of a number of reasons including the ones below and I'm sure there are probably more, means that it is probably impossible to come up with a schedule that ticks all the boxes.

- interleague play
    - northern teams not wanting to start on the road every year
    - owners of southern teams not wanting to always play more than their fair share of series at home in April when attendances are traditionally lower

But surely a start would be to play within your division for the first few weeks? At least then it would be easier to make up postponed games.

I remember last season the Mets didn't play outside of the NL East until 8 May but I suppose doing it for all 30 teams (when there has to be an interleague matchup) is hard too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Resilience has been the word used by Boston press to describe Red Sox and their start to season.
    Come from 7-2 down in the 8th to win 8-7 against the Rays.

Not bad so far!

Not bad so far!

Perfect game broken up after 6.1

If he keeps this up he will be an outstanding player. Just awesome so far.

Just noticed Stanton went 0 for 7 with 5 strikeouts today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Mets off to a flyer, sweeping the Nationals is no easy thing especially in Washington with Bryce still knocking the stuffing out of the ball. Things will turn around for us but right now we have a lot of the same problems that caused us to lose to the Cubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Max was dealing last night. Incredible pitcher.

Kluber not so bad too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭boccy23

Max was dealing last night. Incredible pitcher.

Kluber not so bad too!

And he stole a base!

When was the last time a pitcher did that I wonder?

Wow Yankees getting embarrassed by Red Sox.

Wow Yankees getting embarrassed by Red Sox.

Sanchez bring a no-hitter into the 8th and Osuna gets the save to become the youngest player ever to get 100 saves.

Great game! Refreshing to see the Jays not be a steaming pile of poo like last year.

Mets injuries rearing their ugly head again

https://twitter.com/TimBritton/status/984137215122042885

Mets injuries rearing their ugly head again

https://twitter.com/TimBritton/status/984137215122042885

Not the end of the world. But the nerves are a little shaky after that news

Not the end of the world. But the nerves are a little shaky after that news

TJ's a possibility. He's been injury prone all his career and this could be it for him as a Met if he's out for any considerable length of time.

• Advertisement

TJ's a possibility. He's been injury prone all his career and this could be it for him as a Met if he's out for any considerable length of time.

Nido called up. Stats decent for a catcher albeit not at the major league level. We'll see what happens. On a side note, watching the Royals and Mariners and thinking that its great watching a ball game on a Wednesday evening

Advertisement