Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Football Manager 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Getting real sick of having to offer players a new contract every few months because of the wages PSG can offer

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Getting real sick of having to offer players a new contract every few months because of the wages PSG can offer

Yep them or barca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Krooshma

With it seemingly being impossible to turn off the 3D match engine, can anyone give advice on what is the best way to view matches that is similar to the “old” versions I.e minimal 3D/ graphics and so forth. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Finally sat down to this last night to give it a go, was days away from the new season starting and about 4 hours into the game when I got a crash dump. :rolleyes:

I changed my auto save function to every 3 months so lost a good 2+ hours to the dump as my DoF made a bid for a player I didnt think I'd want so I saved it at the start of July and lost out all that months signings, pre-season, tactics, the whole lot up until the first week of August.

I dont even want to go back to it at this stage. :o

Needless to say I've changed the auto save function to every fortnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »

You can change it all in "staff responsibilities", I think its a sub heading in "Staff".

I've got my assistant setting individual programmes for the players and I've got him giving my names of potential new coaches/scouts/doctors.

You can change it all so that he or another coach takes care of it all and I'd leave the chariman or DoF to take care of the hiring and firing of staff if you dont want to do it.

Finding a good coach is harder than finding a player with outstanding potential IMO. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

1 game to go and Benevento are sitting 2nd in Seria A.
    Juve won the league comfortably
    But seeing as my focus was to avoid relegation i think 2nd place should endear me to the board

Last game against AC Milan who fished 10th but hammered me 3 -1 away in San Siro. Its champions league if i dont loose
    Uefa cup if i do

Got two more crash dumps from the game last night right before my first game of the season, think my graphics card is acting up, I've viewed games but not managed in them yet, always let the assistant take care of it.

I've deleted the game and re-installed it so I'm going to try and go on holiday until the first pre-season game and take over, see if that fixes the issue, if not, I'll get onto their online support with the dump issues, see if they can come up with a work around.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Still waiting to get a cheaper PC version online, how does the Touch one measure up? How much is stripped away

This gives good idea of what is in Touch compared to real game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Cotts72

This gives good idea of what is in Touch compared to real game.

cheers bud, I bit the bullet during the week and bought the full game,really enjoying it so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Every version going back to the Championship Manager days I select Cambridge Utd in League Two and I finished third and secured promotion which was well above expectations.

Avoided relegation barely in league one and next season got headhunted by Cardiff. Did terrible there, barely avoided the sack but next season was on course for promotion. Got headhunted by Sunderland and not played since

The game is very resource heavy, my computer is not old but the game crawls at time

The scouting section is a mess, difficult to organize I don’t want to click through 30 reports. I paid 33 online, I like it but it’s not capturing me really and I don’t know when Ill play again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Scouting was the fun part

Now they've completely f**ked it up

Right
    My Benavento side have made it into the last 16 of the Champions League

Drawn against Man Utd

Still cant attract any player of decent caliber to come to my side

Tough group of Spurs Monaco and Basle
    Scraped through after a nicking a 1-0 victory over spurs (I robbed them shoud have been 4-1)

Board delighted so even if I crash out of it I have surpassed expectations

2nd in the Seria A now and there is no chance of me catching up with Juve who are running away with it

AC Milan are still a mid table side despite all their new signings , still a team who always beat me though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Bought this last night, got the touch game with it both are in my steam library fm installed on the mac and went to install touch through steam on my iPad but there's no option to install anyone came across this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Bruised Ankle

Twice a week

Bruised Ankle

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Started my yearly Spurs league and it isn't going well. Can't figure out what formation to stick with, as i do really well for a game, then utterly **** the bed in the next. And it definitely doesn't help that Kane went and broke his leg the day after the deadline, resulting in a 6 month injury :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Kiith wrote: »
    Started my yearly Spurs league and it isn't going well. Can't figure out what formation to stick with, as i do really well for a game, then utterly **** the bed in the next. And it definitely doesn't help that Kane went and broke his leg the day after the deadline, resulting in a 6 month injury :mad:

Ouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Right , after an exceptional third season at Benevento I have been hired by Monaco

I thought the French League would be handy

How wrong I was

Beaten 3 -2 in my first game by Toulouse-- after being 3- 0 down

Gonna be a very frustrating season I think

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any feedback from anyone who's played the touch/mobile version?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I only bought touch version few days ago. Play it on Ipad.

Have to say its enjoyable and I find it more appealing then full version. Its horse for courses. Is there anything you want know or me be more specific?

Its a bit better then last years(imo)

Its quicker more like a Championship Manager 2002 feel, but you still got your Training, Tactics etc to pull you along like in full game. The great thing is very little media in it and its little more user friendly.

Only played half season, will go more into in over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I was going to download it tonight on the Pixel C but it's 22 euro and I only paid 30 for the full one on the PC. Was 2017 not closer to a tenner at release?

No was 20 afair.

Might chance the mobile game for a tenner.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

The most annoying thing about 18 for me is the constant changing of the viewing angle during a set piece

It'll often stay with that angle long after a corner for instance and it's just really annoying and takes me out of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Having a nightmare with injuries at the minute. Got promoted to the Championship with Luton Town (after getting sacked by Preston, then Scunthorpe). My right winger does his cruciate in a pre-season game which puts him out for the year, my new striker & right winger both score & get injured on their debut to kick off the season (a month & 3 months respectively). Get another right winger who gets 2 assists off the bench, then injured for 2 months the next game. Then in the next game my keeper gets injured for 2 months, my star CB gets his 3rd concussion in 8 months & my AM twists his knee. Cue the international break and that AM returns to training only to get hurt for another 3 weeks. Deadline day signing Ben Arfa also gets injured in training but thankfully he'll only miss 1 game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I bought it last week after saying I wouldn't and I'm hooked again.

Loaded up all the leagues in Asia for a journeyman save starting with no rep or badges. I landed a job in the Thai PL with Navy FC, who were desperate.
    They had only won once in the first 21 games and were 14 points from safety.
    The defense was shocking and approx 60% of the budget was being spent on 4 attacking players. We ended up 5 points short of safety.

I asked the board for a new contract 2 weeks before my current deal was due to expire as I wanted to stay.
    They said because of my poor performance they weren't prepared to offer me one yet. So I decided to apply for an available job and was instantly sacked.
    When I say instantly I mean the second I hit the 'Apply for Job' button I was taken to the news section and already jobless :D.

Spent 3 months looking for a job before ending up at Dibba Al-Hisn in the UAE 2nd tier. It's a financial disaster.
    The budget when I took over was €48k p/w and they were spending €63k p/w including €12k p/w on a 39 year old forward who was well past it and €7.5k p/w on an average winger.
    They were already €2m in debt when I arrived and losing over €200k per month with average crowds of 200 people!!

The 39 year old was released at the end of the season but I couldn't shift any of the others who had a year left on their deals. There's over 65% of our €46k wage budget tied up in 5 poor players.
    I only signed 2 players (LB, CM) on low wages (€1.1k p/w combined) and the rest had to come in on loan from the bigger sides as there was no money left. The team then went into administration.

Despite all that we managed to win the league in my first full season with only 3 players we actually own. The rest are all loanees. :pac:

The good news is all the money tied up in the crap backup players will be available this summer.
    All of the loanees we signed have expiring contracts at their parent clubs and want to stay. Their general happiness status says "Wants to commit his future to the club". So that's nice..

We are out of administration after agreeing a deal with the banks to repay the debts over the next 15 years. Since agreeing a deal we are almost €1m in the red again after having the club balance reset to €0 :o.

The bad news is our wage budget has been set at a measly €53k p/w, which is nothing in the rich UAE Gulf League. Al-Ain, the current champions, are spending €590k p/w on wages. We have by far the smallest wage budget and currently no players under contract (I haven't been offered a deal yet either..). Not sure if I should stay or look to jump ship. I got a nice boost in reputation after winning the league.

Advertisement