Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

If it wasn't for Jericho, i'd find it tough to watch raw now

• Registered Users Posts: 37,709 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If it wasn't for Jericho, i'd find it tough to watch raw now

your not going to like the news that Fozzy are doing a euro tour starting the 13th November and Jericho is going on Hiatus from WWE after HIAC. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(. My hopes of seeing him in Glasgow on the 7th Nov are gone now and i am :mad: (hes doing the live events 2 days before and the day after Glasgow)

Anyway can see Jericho costing KO the title or something at HIAC and KO beats the hell out of Jericho (keyfade injuring him) and then he will be back Mania time and we will have KO vs Y2J at Mania 33

Like the comedic effect of Sheamus and Cesaro but i think we may of seen this or a similar angle before. We need new tag team champs and think they may be the best team for it

Hopefully HIAC will be the end of the Reigns vs Rusev saga. I can see Russev winning it and Reigns maybe being captain of Team Raw for the Survivor Series cross brand match

So Strowman wants compeition que the Big Show or Mark Henry being the challenger. very slim chance of it being Taker

hopefully Raw will be good and worth my trip to Glasgow in November

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

PTH2009 wrote: »
    your not going to like the news that Fozzy are doing a euro tour starting the 13th November and Jericho is going on Hiatus from WWE after HIAC.

Yeah i knew that, its gonna be boring without him, as Raw is so hard to watch otherwise, finding smackdown far more enjoyable, anyway have to admit and i think i posted here to that i wasn't a fan of his for the last few times he's come back, but this run has been brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Also the Raw womens division is about to get better and less repetitive. I didn't get this in the version of Raw I saw but Emma(lina) is coming back! and seemingly they will be showing off her hotness even more now.

Ok, I'll allow it.

Wonder who'll answer Braun's challenge. Strange how he went back to a local jobber after Sin Cara. Whoever answers the challenge would need to be challeneg but lose otherwise it'll just crap on the build they've ben doing and be less impressive when Roman beats him.

Of course if he was on Smackdown, Cena could show an extraordinary feat of strength by lifting him on his shoulders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ok, I'll allow it.

Wonder who'll answer Braun's challenge. Strange how he went back to a local jobber after Sin Cara. Whoever answers the challenge would need to be challeneg but lose otherwise it'll just crap on the build they've ben doing and be less impressive when Roman beats him.

Of course if he was on Smackdown, Cena could show an extraordinary feat of strength by lifting him on his shoulders.

Could be a fun way of getting Sheamus and Cesaro over as a team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Raw2016Logo-500x281.jpg

That time of the bastard week again, another RAW, 2 weeks out from Hell In A Cell

Will Charlotte strike before her WWE Women's Title rematch?

Is “The Kevin Owens Show” facing cancellation at the hands of Seth Rollins?

How will Reigns and Rusev prepare for Hell?

Will Braun Strowman’s demand for competition be met?

Has Brian Kendrick earned a WWE Cruiserweight Title opportunity?

Can Cesaro and Sheramus co-exist?

Reading all those questions makes me realise how little I care about at least half of the answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Goldberg Goldberg Goldberg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I suspect Brauny's opponent to be Big Show but we may get a few weeks of him destroying some babyfaces like Darren Young. (I hope they resist the urge to have him kill some cruiserweights)

I'm really not enthused for Raw tonight, especially with Rollins seemingly being granted another title shot at a PPV without having to beat anyone for it.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Would be funny if the crowd shot down a Goldberg return. I just do not see the star power in that guy.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Would be funny if the crowd shot down a Goldberg return. I just do not see the star power in that guy.

I don't think they would crap all over it. I reckon he's more over than 95% of the current roster and he hasn't been on TV in 12 years. Think about what that says for their ability to create stars.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

So if Goldeberg does appear, will they introduce him or will he just come out? The downside of the rumour is that now we'll have the crowd chanting his name

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So if Goldeberg does appear, will they introduce him or will he just come out? The downside of the rumour is that now we'll have the crowd chanting his name

It surely wouldn't make sense to have him return after 12 years with no real build on a random episode of Raw?

More logical that Paul Heyman lays down a challenge for Goldberg to appear in a few weeks, perhaps at Hell in a Cell, and that way you can hype it up.

Screw all u haters lol Goldberg is back baby

The more we can relive our childhoods the better

Imagine he's not turning up tonight but Heymen will challenge him and he appear at HIAC to make the match official.

Big show will be strowmans opponent i say

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I suspect Brauny's opponent to be Big Show but we may get a few weeks of him destroying some babyfaces like Darren Young. (I hope they resist the urge to have him kill some cruiserweights)

I'm really not enthused for Raw tonight, especially with Rollins seemingly being granted another title shot at a PPV without having to beat anyone for it.

Although, Braun hurting TJP or a vet like Kendrick could be a good way to introduce someone from NXT.

Random: On TJ Perkins, I wish they just called him TJP, Perkins in annoying when the commentators use it all the time.

The Goldberg stuff is more a symbol of their reluctance to build real stars, everytime, they give the spotlight to old guys at Mania. They did not use them to get eyes on the guys there all year and that is a repeated mistake.

For tonights show, looking forward to the Cesaro and Sheamus odd couple. Brings back memories of team Hell No, imagine Cesaro getting even half of the benefits Bryan got from that period. Also great to see Sheamus looking like he is having some fun. Ending up face would help him as well.

DM_7 wrote: »
    The Goldberg stuff is more a symbol of their reluctance to build real stars, everytime, they give the spotlight to old guys at Mania. They did not use them to get eyes on the guys there all year and that is a repeated mistake.

It's crazy when you think about it that you seem to get more over by NOT being on their programming than when you are - because when you are on TV, due to their 50/50 booking, most will wind up getting their momentum totally killed off.

I read recently that all of their cruiserweights have suffered a loss already. They're just fellas now.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,795 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Heyman is on tonight

Russev sporting a new look

Rusev just got punked by two women.

Stick a fork in him, he's done.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Just tuning in now. What was the reaction to the Goldberg name drop? Were people freaking out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

J. Marston wrote: »
    Rusev just got punked by two women.

Stick a fork in him, he's done.
    Actually, women and men are equal now, so it's not seen as a negative as a man to get beaten up by a woman. But even though they're equals now, a man can't be shown hitting a woman, because some are more equal than others you see.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It was all about the WWE Audience last night in Heyman's promo. The Universe is dead long live the Audience.

Paul could sell Lesnar vs A bag of spuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

2 posts during the show surely a new low

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It wasn't a bad Raw actually. Three HiaC matches is overkill but the stories make sense, I guess.

Jericho continues to be the best thing on Raw.

I'm not hating Strowman at the moment :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    It wasn't a bad Raw actually. Three HiaC matches is overkill but the stories make sense, I guess.

Jericho continues to be the best thing on Raw.

I'm not hating Strowman at the moment :o

Jerichos gone from wanting him to get off the screen in his feud with ambrose to the only one i look forward to watching

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

sky88 wrote: »
    Jerichos gone from wanting him to get off the screen in his feud with ambrose to the only one i look forward to watching

You doubted him before? Careful, you might end up on the list.

"You just made the list!" is the best catchphrase WWE has had in a long time.

Looks like they're using Goldberg's WWE theme :(

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Just tuning in now. What was the reaction to the Goldberg name drop? Were people freaking out?

Tepid, at best.

Heyman managed to get his name chanted just by repeating his name though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

You doubted him before? Careful, you might end up on the list.

If this was a few weeks ago you'd get.......IT!

He really will be missed when he heads back to Fozzy land

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement