Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby League's Off-Topic thread.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

What does Donny Dont do?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,893 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Beasty wrote: »
    What does Donny Dont do?

All I do know is I don't do it. Don't believe I do any way, I don't think.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Confession. For ages, on RL teams twitter feeds, I couldn't work out what KTC meant on all their score update tweets.

Really not that difficult unless you're a plank like me.

Kick
    To
    Come

I'm due to win the lottery soon (I presume), what can I get everyone?

• Advertisement

Right, so I didn't win the midweek draw, but that must mean I'm nailed on to win Euro millions Friday. So what can I get anyone?

Morning world.

Happy Birthday Rugby League! 122 today.

https://twitter.com/LondonSkolarsRL/status/902929565009543168

And that was this thread's 100th post, another milestone.

• Advertisement

Really good article discussing the great game.

https://twitter.com/StuartMaconie/status/951786265631961088

It is an inclusive sport, and has always had working class roots.

I bought a cheap Christmas tree from Argos today, because, why not.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I bought a cheap Christmas tree from Argos today, because, why not.
    I bought Argos in 1998 (well I was part of the team that did the deal) and disposed of it in 2006. My boss in 1998 is now the Chairman of Sainsbury's, who bought Argos a while ago.....

Did you know, not only is Argos based in Milton Keynes, but it's origin was Green Shield Stamps, and it was owned by British American Tobacco, when we could have bought it for a lot less than the £2bn paid in 1998?

Notalotofpeopleknowallofthat

I bought Argos in 1998 (well I was part of the team that did the deal) and disposed of it in 2006. My boss in 1998 is now the Chairman of Sainsbury's, who bought Argos a while ago.....

Did you know, not only is Argos based in Milton Keynes, but it's origin was Green Shield Stamps, and it was owned by British American Tobacco, when we could have bought it for a lot less than the £2bn paid in 1998?

Notalotofpeopleknowallofthat

I knew it was in Milton Keynes (the Shelbyville to Northampton's Springfield) and it was a green shield stamp offspring, but the rest is news to me.

One of these days I'll tell you about my Burberry exploits.

Actually, back to Argos, in around 2000 we bought Hombase to complement Argos and the Home Shopping business' DIY products. Argos and Homebase made up the Home Retail Group when we demerged them in 2006, and Homebase was sold before Argos was taken over by Sainsbury's. Sainsbury's had owned Homebase previously before they sold it to Venture Capitalists who sold it to us for £800m. Think Home Retail Group virtually gave it away.

The Homebase HQ was in Croydon and I paid a visit shortly after we finalised the deal. There was a bit of snow on the ground and absolutely no-one seemed able to cope with it. Back in the 60s and 70s we used to get worse weather than we're seeing at present, with a hell of a lot falling when I lived up in the North York Moors. I remember the older kids used to have to get out of the school bus and push it up the hill when it was a bit slippy. 6 foot snow drifts were a common feature.

Looking at the panic over the past day or so I do wonder how the human race ever got this far!

Scott Moore take a bow for being a huge twat. (no, I wouldn't tell him that to his coked up gorilla face)

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/16066501.Rugby_League_player_jailed_after_assaulting_three_police_officers_following_high_speed_chase/

Still here.

Still, still here.

I know for a fact you've been somewhere else between those posts

Fact!!

• Advertisement

No, I've been here the whole time. Full time job this moderation lark.

Well you must have taken your eye off this ball when posting in Cricket (I know for a fact! you posted there between those posts here)

Well you must have taken your eye off this ball when posting in Cricket (I know for a fact! you posted there between those posts here)

I have a moderation command post in my Bunker which has several computers, the zx81 even has a 16k RAM pack, so I can monitor my busy threads and reply to posts in less good forums at the same time.

I'm just that good, and committed to the cause. Driving and work can get tricky, but I think people would understand if my negligence at work, or bad driving as I stare at the thread, resulted in a few casualties.

And where do you find time to work???

Your story simply does not stack up

And where do you find time to work???

Your story simply does not stack up

Work? Pah. When the off topic rugby league forum needs supervising 24/7 I was never going to work. That's why I have started putting my youngest child up the chimneys to earn a few bob.

Got to say I'm very impressed with your ability to keep this place ticking over in the off-season. We could do with the likes of you in Canoeing and Kayaking;)

Got to say I'm very impressed with your ability to keep this place ticking over in the off-season. We could do with the likes of you in Canoeing and Kayaking;)

I think that hotbed would be too much for me.

There are a few RL fans knocking around and they contributed a lot last season, it was good having actual people to chat to about the game, and they still chip in during the off season. Of course you can always be relied on to rattle the cage here every once in a while too, which is either friendly and helpful or targeted harassment :pac: I haven't decided yet.

Not too long to wait until the new season anyway.

....and a Merry Christmas to you and all our viewers

....and a Merry Christmas to you and all our viewers

Same to you.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Getting very bored now, watched almost 40 minutes of spurs/man utd yesterday as no cricket or rl on :(

Advertisement