Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone Was Kind To Me Today...

• 13-08-2014 5:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭

Magazines-24+%281%29.jpg

...tell us about it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

Someone went out into the cold, climbed a wall and jumped up and down, just to get my attention last night... What a touching gesture.

Someone wrote a poem for me to give a friend, just because he is gracious.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Someone was kind to me today...

Someone knows how much I'm not really looking forward to Christmas this year since my Late Loving Dad passed away on Dec 20th lastyear & have been brain-storming with me on ways to help me this year :)

That was someone being really kind to me,
    Much Appreciated
    kerry4sam

/I'm normally someone who will put on a smile and few would question my smile and just assume all is okay. Always try and solve issues now on my own since Dad passed away so this truly meant so much to me.

^ That is entirely lovely kerry4sam... Hugs to you both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

wasnt today, but rang the samartians on sunday,the woman l was talking to una told me she would light a candle and say a prayer for me, v kind of her.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭susanlinda823

A random stranger bout me breaky this morning. I bout passed out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Course organiser is going to count my exam result even to it was submitted a few minutes too late

Happiness :D

Someone was kind to me today ...

~ Received my 1st Christmas Card for this year, this very morning :)
    &
    ~ Last Thursday I met this Australian couple at work who gave me these Aussie trinkets/gifts saying Australia after I assisted in planning their 4-days in the area. On my day off last Saturday I bought them a unique piece of Killarney Crystal each & gave it to them on Sunday morning. I informed them I wouldn't see them after this, but I'd hope they would Enjoy their Christmas and the remainder of the holiers.
    Arrived into work today (they checked out this morning) & they'd left me this bag of gifts (attached). Not yet opened, might just wait until Christmas.

You really never know the impact you can have on someone! No need at all for this. Only bought them the unique Killarney Crystal pieces as a Thank You for the Aussie gifts they'd given me. She had asked for varying shops where she could find unique pieces of clothing for herself so I knew that they would like these Unique Pieces of Killarney Crystal.

Such a Lovely Start to December 2014 for me :)

Some people were Especially Kind to me today,
    kerry4sam

/I've edited out my name from the tag on bag

piL7AmO.jpg

Last Friday was my busiest Friday at work for as long as I can remember. Arrived into work today after my 2days off to find a mother who arrived with her 3children had mailed me in a Thank You card for being so nice to them all last Friday, such lovely words contained inside the card :o

People can be oh so Kind & Warm. I send Thank You cards myself to people when they're good to me, but never expect them myself.

Yes someone was very kind to me again today at work,
    kerry4sam

/& Nope, not yet opened the bag above. That's just above & beyond...

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

This week I asked another guy in my course could I have a chewing gum. He just gave me the whole packet. He said he had another packet in his coat upstairs.

There was nothing calculated or contrived about this gesture. He's just a nice guy. Cheers Kenneth!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

My daughter arrived. She disappeared into the kitchen and baked my favourite chocolate cake for me. Thank you darlin'! XXXX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Georgie.Girl

Four busy friends took really great care of me this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭DunnoKiddo

My friends made me feel loved, once again (after a most unlovable moment).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

You bought me coke. Thank you :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭DunnoKiddo

someone I have missed called me 'friend' yesterday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Someone told me to go ahead of them at the supermarket till because they had a huge trolley of stuff and I had just a basket. I didn't expect it, and I have done it for others in the past, but I really appreciated it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

Someone allowed me under their umbrella!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Achtung! Bono

Someone allowed me under their umbrella!

Have you still got your wallet/phone? A guy offered to share his umbrella with a friend of mine recently, crossing a bridge in a sudden downpour.. she thought it was very sweet until she reached into her pocket after boarding the train to find her expensive phone had been lifted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Not to me specifically but an elderly relative (in her 80s) walked to the local garage in the cold and wind on Saturday to stock up on bread and milk knowing that the weather was going to be icy on Sunday. When she got to the till she realised that she'd left her debit card at home on the chair. The lovely folk in the garage shop allowed her to take the stuff and promise to come back and pay for it on Sunday if the weather wasn't too bad or on Monday otherwise. How lovely of them to save her the trip home and back in the cold :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

So I am outside Aldi, propping my old bones on a walking aid, searching my purse for a E2 and dropping coins... Another lady arrives with the same problem.. we stand there by the trolleys scrabbling desperately for a certain coin

People are walking past and pushing in

A man comes up and he has two e2s on the palm of his hand for us..and we gladly hand over the 2 ones each has Makes me smile even now

• Advertisement

Folks? is no one out there being kind any more? That makes me sad!

Well, yesterday my neighbour the farryman called by to assure me my shopping would arrive today. And he gave me two big bags of good dry island turf...

So that is 2 kindnesses!

Over to thee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

This was yesterday so slightly off topic :P
    The cashier at homestore and more was very friendly and gave me the most genuine lovely smile that it completely changed my mood from bad to good for the rest of the day after a tiring annoying week in work.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Working from home today and OH brought me a steaming cup of tea and some giant chocolate buttons at 4pm. Lovely! I don't get that in the office :D

A great kindness this week! My knee has started letting me down, literally, and did so as I was getting out of our small ferry boat all but dunking me in a cold sea... Not one but THREE sturdy folk grabbed me to safety..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

A thoughtful neighbour brought me over a pot of lovely ham and cabbage soup yesterday.
    Was kind of her to think of me in my illness, I have been such a curmudgeony hermit as of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

A kind lady gave me a Dunnes Shop & Save voucher at the checkout in Dunnes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Graces7 wrote: »
    A great kindness this week! My knee has started letting me down, literally, and did so as I was getting out of our small ferry boat all but dunking me in a cold sea... Not one but THREE sturdy folk grabbed me to safety..

I'm currently going through tests (MRI) etc to find out what's causing the pain in my hip and the fact I keep falling.

Dude yesterday stood up on the LUAS for me. I know it's a small thing but meant the world.

I'm only 48 and got snidy looks from people who thought I was taking a seat not deserved. His kindless was lovely and welcomed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

My boards buds make my day extra special :) .......they are the kindest.

A couple of days ago now but not well.. Had an unexpected flat tyre;; living on an island with a small passenge r ferry and not being physically able to change a wheel makes this hard.. BUT I got the number of a local mechanic and by the time the ferryman got me to the car, the man had changed the wheel and refused payment. Kind kind man..

• Advertisement

DunnoKidz wrote: »
    My boards buds make my day extra special :) .......they are the kindest.

"And so say all of us!.. for they are jolly good fellows.."

Advertisement