Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

D'Agger wrote: »
    Exactly!

Fun story....turns out I have pleurisy so on meds for a bit, not off work or anything, be grand :)

Omg :(
    You poor thing, get well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Exactly!

Fun story....turns out I have pleurisy so on meds for a bit, not off work or anything, be grand :)

+ 1 on this.

Hoping its only mild and you'll be back on track in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Knex. wrote: »
    + 1 on this.

Hoping its only mild and you'll be back on track in no time.

Cheers you goys! I'm genuinely feeling fine though, not as bad as yesterday and even then I stuck out the day at work so that'll give an indication of where I'm at - I've had worse colds :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

D'aggs well 'ard innit! Get well soon ya sexy mo fo.

Panthro wrote: »
    D'aggs well 'ard innit! Get well soon ya sexy mo fo.
    They make 'em hardy down the Kingdom so they do :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Evening all,

Is anyone struggling to go back to the gym after Christmas? I planned to go last week and this week, no motivation, all I want to do is veg out on the couch.

Please tell me I'm not the only one :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

You are not.

Ive been lollygagging myself but have set Saturday morning as my first day back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Evening all,

Is anyone struggling to go back to the gym after Christmas? I planned to go last week and this week, no motivation, all I want to do is veg out on the couch.

Please tell me I'm not the only one :(

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Glad to know I'm not alone, I've booked a spin class for Saturday morning.

Now I'm gonna tuck into my rocky road :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nice!

• Advertisement

I just had tea and a Wispa Gold.

/fat bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Sherlock me hole!
    :pac:
    I'm watching it now :pac:
    Exactly!

Yikes! Feel better soon. My work pal has that at the mo, 'tis horrid :(

Offsetting the healthiness of my herbal tea by eating large quantities of Green & Black's. Feckit, it's cold outside!

Of late Ive been watching Prisoner : Cell Block H and classic Simpsons.

Pure awesomeness!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Throw in a bit of Only Fools And Horses there, Sir Slawski and you've got yourself a trifecta of brilliance.

Get well soon, D'agger. Had that before, not nice at all when you can't breathe without getting knifed in the chest.

Fitness is resuming here also. Running, bodyweight stuff and dietary changes for the moment until I join the college gym (60 euro a year for a top notch gym)...then its back to lifting heavy stuff :)

MIN2511 wrote: »

Thankfully the main motivation I personally have for staying fit is one that does not afford me time off for christmas. I would likely wake up and find a wall in my house missing if I took a week off my running and cycling. So I do not have to "go back" into my routine as I was not let leave it :)

That said I do find January to be a time I drag myself out of the bed to do it with a heavier feeling of effort than any other time of the year. Probably that "Seasonal affective disorder" thing that the Germans and French are always somewhat obsessed with.

Try getting back into it incrementally over a week (or two if you need it). Get up and just do 5 minutes of work out of some kind today. Do 10 tomorrow. 15 the next day. After a week you will be back in normal form.

entropi wrote: »
    Throw in a bit of Only Fools And Horses there, Sir Slawski and you've got yourself a trifecta of brilliance.

Get well soon, D'agger. Had that before, not nice at all when you can't breathe without getting knifed in the chest.

Great call on Only Fools - grew up on that show

Cheers man - how long before it went away, wondering when I can hit the gym a bit

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Great call on Only Fools - grew up on that show

Cheers man - how long before it went away, wondering when I can hit the gym a bit
    Can't beat the classics. That and Fawlty Towers were amazing.

The illness went after about 2 weeks, possibly a few days more. Wasn't a bad dose, just had to use a steroid cream on my chest but breathing and moving was a killer :pac: Best ask your doc when it'll be alright for gym work, different strokes and all that (another good show back in the day).

entropi wrote: »
    Can't beat the classics. That and Fawlty Towers were amazing.

The illness went after about 2 weeks, possibly a few days more. Wasn't a bad dose, just had to use a steroid cream on my chest but breathing and moving was a killer :pac: Best ask your doc when it'll be alright for gym work, different strokes and all that (another good show back in the day).
    Ah here - I've a very mild dose of it so, I was just getting some pain breathing in, it's not even that bad anymore and I'm just on an antibiotic and something else....I think I'll be okay for the gym by Sunday, I'll go do a light enough session anyway and see how I get on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Saw an ad for Valentines day earlier on ffs... With creme eggs already on sale, the year is flying :rolleyes: Best day to go to the gym though. it's like dead zone....
    (bitter me, all alone there, and single :mad:)

Any better D'Agger?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,288 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The gym hasn't been as busy as I would have thought this week. Have people given up on squandering large amounts of money on good intentions?

• Advertisement

Barna77 wrote: »
    Saw an ad for Valentines day earlier on ffs... With creme eggs already on sale, the year is flying :rolleyes: Best day to go to the gym though. it's like dead zone....
    (bitter me, all alone there, and single :mad:)

Any better D'Agger?

I'm grand man cheers!

There's nothing better than a quiet gym!

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    The gym hasn't been as busy as I would have thought this week. Have people given up on squandering large amounts of money on good intentions?

Hopefully - there's nothing worse than that January rush

The Mardyke has changed its setup again so I'm looking forward to getting back in there and seeing what's new :)

Then the fun begins!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Bah. I've to write a "personal statement" as to why I should be accepted into college.

Something along the lines of "I think I should get a parachute cause I'm great". :pac:

I'm far too modest for this. And being out of college for 2 years I'm gone a bit rusty at bullshitting... :(

Edit: Also, empty gym is best gym! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

One exam down, two to go. Hope he can read rabble

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Bah. I've to write a "personal statement" as to why I should be accepted into college.

Something along the lines of "I think I should get a parachute cause I'm great". :pac:

I'm far too modest for this. And being out of college for 2 years I'm gone a bit rusty at bullshitting... :(

Maybe if you tell them you're rusty at bullshít they'll let you in to brush up :)

Best of luck with it anyway man!

Panthro wrote: »
    One exam down, two to go. Hope he can read rabble

H'on P-Dawg, you got those exams brah, you got this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

There's nothing better than a quiet gym!
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Exactly. Mine has been very quiet this week. Trainer blamed bad weather, as people would rush home asap. No complains.

From peaceful gym to mad work. Phone has been ringing all morning. Break time!

My course/degree almost entirely revolved around being proficient at bull****.

What college/degree are you going for, if you don't mind me asking? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I used to be quite proficient in it myself once upon a time. I can still throw a few sentences together, but I'm nowhere near as fluent as I used to be. :pac:

Civil engineering. Taking my level 7 (BEng (ordinary)) to at least a level 8 (BEng (honours)), possibly masters, but I'll play that by ear. Applying to Herriot-Watt in Edinburgh and the University of Dundee.

I think every course requires bullshít really - I did BIS and used to waffle more on the IT side of things rather than the business...I was atrocious at both really

That said it comes in handy in a work environment, throw a few buzz words at somebody and they'll be happier than if you gave them a simpler explanation for example:

Simple: I stored that file on a server so you can access it, click here if you want to download it

Bull: I uploaded that file to the cloud, if you follow this hyperlink it'll lead you to an automatic download of the file

I think every course requires bullshít really - I did BIS and used to waffle more on the IT side of things rather than the business...I was atrocious at both really

That said it comes in handy in a work environment, throw a few buzz words at somebody and they'll be happier than if you gave them a simpler explanation for example:

Simple: I stored that file on a server so you can access it, click here if you want to download it

Bull: I uploaded that file to the cloud, if you follow this hyperlink it'll lead you to an automatic download of the file

Serious? So did I :pac:

My catch phrase for four years, "Ah sure, its all spoof" :D

• Advertisement

I used to be quite proficient in it myself once upon a time. I can still throw a few sentences together, but I'm nowhere near as fluent as I used to be. :pac:

Civil engineering. Taking my level 7 (BEng (ordinary)) to at least a level 8 (BEng (honours)), possibly masters, but I'll play that by ear. Applying to Herriot-Watt in Edinburgh and the University of Dundee.

Best of luck! Have no idea about Dundee, but Edinburgh is awesome :)

Advertisement