Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

• 19-07-2012 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

UPDATE 29/9/2013 : THIS IS NOW A REGULAR TV/MOVIE/VIDEOGAME THREAD. Please use spoiler tags when talking about spoilers.

===================

Update 27/9/2013 : I've been talking to BH about changing this thread to an all-purpose TV/Movie/Game thread, where you can talk about any of those old or new, but if you want to talk about spoilers, use spoiler tags. What do you think, is that preferable? Please let us know yes or no[/B] :)

===============
    ORIGINAL POST BELOW
    ===============

Is anybody going to the 5AM Showings of Batman?

***This is a temporary thread to keep Batman spoilers out of the Off-Topic Thread. All Batman talk in here for people who've seen it and want to discuss it. This was made for the people like me who'd rather talk to the regulars here than on the film forum :) ***

- jay

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

5am where is that on?
    Cheers Liz , but the streak has not been broken yet :mad: Didnt get a 2nd interview

Hard luck Fur-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

GTR63 wrote: »
    5am where is that on?

Swan Cinemas in Rathmines!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

enjoy batman lads, I went to it wednesday night after midnight, was like 3 screenings running at once, saw it in the former imax screen. absolutely jammers. Epic doesn't justify it, just wish I had seen TDK in an imax screen.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

They're doing 4am in the Lighthouse. I'm so very tempted. I'm in a 7:30 but I could do this....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭cena

jaykhunter wrote: »
    They're doing 4am in the Lighthouse. I'm so very tempted. I'm in a 7:30 but I could do this....

What is the lighthouse

• Advertisement

Remember BATMAN SPOILERS - USE SPOILER TAGS!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Remember BATMAN SPOILERS - USE SPOILER TAGS!
    I propose a ban for anyone who talks about it here over the weekend. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I propose a ban for anyone who talks about it here over the weekend. :pac:

YES!

what do you say about a Off-Toping On-Topic Thread lol? a thread for batman that'll be added to the off-topic thread in a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭cena

what do you say about a Off-Toping On-Topic Thread lol? a thread for batman that'll be added to the off-topic thread in a week?

They could all go to the flim forum

• Advertisement

I know, but em, how do i say this nicely? the film forum is a bit serious and a bit high & mighty when it comes to discussing films. i don't particularly feel like part of the convo either. I'd much rather chat to wrestling people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Wow im really shocked but Harry Knowles at Aint it Cool News gave TDKR a really bad review havent actually read it yet because it contains spoilers.. Obviously Warner Bros didnt pay him off with enough cheeseburgers..

cena wrote: »
    What is the lighthouse

sorry, lighthouse cinema in Smithfield. Was recently closed down and re-opened :)

0612-LHC-01_compressed_for_web.jpg

made this it's own separate thread for the time being until everyone's had their chance to see the movie and can come onto the off-topic thread without the fear of being spoiled :)

I seen Batman holding a gun in the ad for this. Is it the REC gun like the one thats in the Arkham City game?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Just heard about the shooting in denver at the film. Something like 12 or 13 dead, including a baby. Awful stuff altogether.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Call me Caption Hindsight but this was bound to happen given the popularity, target audience and dark imagery. Especially in America given it is American with their gun laws etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

How did the police have no stubble when they came from underground?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just heard about the shooting in denver at the film. Something like 12 or 13 dead, including a baby. Awful stuff altogether.

14 confirmed dead now

So, did anybody see it yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Saw it yesterday afternoon.

Love it. It was never going to top The Dark Knight, but the script is great and its a blockbuster at heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Epic - utterly epic!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Wow, so much better than I expected. And I expected lots. Holds its own as a movie even outside the genre.

Saw it Friday afternoon and I'm still lost for words! Other then EPIC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

just back after seeing it just a great movie i look forward to where they go in the future,when i was leaving the savoy the crowd outside waiting for the next screening was so big i had to take a video.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I thought it was great. Really great. Probably the weakest of the three, but that's because the previous two (and I generally think BB was better than TDK) were just fantastic. Third of a trilogy always suffers more because it has to end the trilogy as well as end that film.

Can't believe some people are hating on this film as much as they are. I've seen people giving it a 4/10. Christ, I'd love to see what they'd give a 9 or 10. I know the film has some minor problems, but bloody hell, it has to be at least a 7/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

Pure let down,drawnout,lazy,boring,extremely slow,predictable.when there was action it was good but very short.couldnt wait for this after the last film but was just let down.

• tiny timy wrote: »
    Pure let down,drawnout,lazy,boring,extremely slow,predictable.when there was action it was good but very short.couldnt wait for this after the last film but was just let down.

Even though it was 2.30 - 2.45 hours long I thought time flew by and the film was brilliant.

A lot of people complaining about Banes voice but I thought it was great.

I thought Bane was Awesome! His voice Kind of reminds me of Darth Vader without the banjaxed respirator! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Even though it was 2.30 - 2.45 hours long I thought time flew by and the film was brilliant.

I thought the voice was very odd in his opening scenes but that went away very quick.

Have to credit the way it was shot, everything looked real, as a wrestling fan I appreciate that:D

Advertisement