Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Got a bit of that Molly (I think that's what the kids call it these days) for Sunday. First time doing it and was mightily impressed. Wasn't sure how much to take or how often so just divided .5g into three and wrapped them in skins. Swallowed one at 10.30, 11.30 and 12.30. Had a great night on it:D:D and didn't feel too bad the next day. Will defo be gettin more for P.A.S. in a few weeks.

Yeah id like to try that again meself.Not sure i did enough the last time out.What i meanis i was dipping the finger in.About 3 dips at each dabble if that makes sense.But did'nt really get the wack i was looking for.Was still good all the same.Where did ya get yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

aceberg wrote: »
    Yeah id like to try that again meself.Not sure i did enough the last time out.What i meanis i was dipping the finger in.About 3 dips at each dabble if that makes sense.But did'nt really get the wack i was looking for.Was still good all the same.Where did ya get yours.

Me mate who got it for me told me about dipping the finger in but like yourself I wasn't sure if it'd do the trick so I just thought putting a good bit in a skin would do. 20 minutes after taking it it hit me. By the time the third one kicked in I was seriously out of it, very clean buzz though, had a good buzz with plenty of strangers in there. .5g would easily do for the night. Don't think I''ll be bothering with the pills anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

3 times this year ive indulged in chemicals that will go to show you how much ive pretty much gone beyond the whole thing, jaysus back in the day id take more in one night than id have in the whole of this year:D officially not able for it anymore it takes too much out of me,roll on Retro Trax next May though that will be the exception and an amazing weekend.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Ah we've all seen it before I'm sure but what the hell .......

anyone twig DJ HeavE in there? ........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

jonnny68 wrote: »
    3 times this year ive indulged in chemicals that will go to show you how much ive pretty much gone beyond the whole thing, jaysus back in the day id take more in one night than id have in the whole of this year:D officially not able for it anymore it takes too much out of me,roll on Retro Trax next May though that will be the exception and an amazing weekend.;)

I know what you mean about taking it out of you Johnny but I find once I'm not up all night I don't feel too bad. The last few times I've indulged I've headed home straight after the club, had a toke and a beer and hit the hay pretty much straight away. It really does make a difference. If I was to go back to a party and head home the next day I'd be f*cked for days

Billy Mays wrote: »
    I know what you mean about taking it out of you Johnny but I find once I'm not up all night I don't feel too bad. The last few times I've indulged I've headed home straight after the club, had a toke and a beer and hit the hay pretty much straight away. It really does make a difference. If I was to go back to a party and head home the next day I'd be f*cked for days

Yeah would have to agree with ya ther Billy.If i stay up pretty much all nite i'd be ****ed for days.If i hit the has say 3/4 i don't feel to bad.

another quality tune from 92 .....

simply bliss! :cool:

Was somebody after this from a mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

EarlERizer wrote: »

Sorry G, thats a pile of shíte, no mention of the ASYLUM:eek:, Temple Theatre:eek:, G1:eek:, Ormond:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭CelticSpirit

Good night Sunday.

I probably saw a few of you in there. I was the suicide bomber.

Walked in the door at 08:30 Monday morning. Haven't done that for a while.

Bit disappointing there weren't more at it, but the sounds were hopping.

Got to meet Ed-Case and a few other Dublin legends.

Roll on the next one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Sorry G, thats a pile of shíte, no mention of the ASYLUM:eek:, Temple Theatre:eek:, G1:eek:, Ormond:eek:

yeah i was disappointed they didn't mention those clubs as they are all part of the legendary Dublin Rave scene.

This about Sides in particular is garbage:mad:
    but the club was later dogged by mismanagement problems. Dollard, Moy and crew moved on, and it was re-launched as Gravity in ’92 – by then its influence had by then dwindled, and a couple of tragic deaths outside the club prompted a swift closure by the authorities.

Sides may have had mismanagement problems but this was towards the end, as far as im aware there was only 1 death outside and not a couple as this says and if anything Sides influence by 92 was up there with the best clubs in Ireland, it was far busier in 92 than it was in 1990,although 90 still holds a special place for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Broken tread fixxed!

simply bliss! :cool:[/QUOTE[

I bought this 2 weeks ago on Vinyl for a euro;)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Broken tread fixxed!

simply bliss! :cool:

I bought this 2 weeks ago on Vinyl for a euro;)

jonnny68 wrote: »
    This about Sides in particular is garbage:mad:

Sides may have had mismanagement problems but this was towards the end, as far as im aware there was only 1 death outside and not a couple as this says and if anything Sides influence by 92 was up there with the best clubs in Ireland, it was far busier in 92 than it was in 1990,although 90 still holds a special place for me. :)

I hear ya jonny, SIDES was hopping right up to about mid 95, sure mid 93 as we were departing the Olympic for the ASYLUM the queue outside SIDES at 3:30am was huge at the back door, place was absolutley still rocking 93 into 94, dont remember any deaths outside it myself, not to say it didnt happen just dont recall it.

EDIT: that journo has his head up his hole come to think of it further, CAF's video is of NYE 1993 into 1994 & its banging.

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Broken tread fixxed!

Ah now seany, wasnt my bag at all & i was only in there twice overall but it was the place for some, es-cee lived in it, tolerance is the only way forward seany:D

Or we may have people talking ill of the Olympic again;)

Well in fairness it was penned by Mr Kavanagh and none of the above where his spots ...... he had a trend of not mentioning certain places in his write ups....I'm guessing politics from when the olympic crew first split, but who knows ? :confused:

.........And it was a Hot Press! ya know, unbiased publication :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Ah now seany, wasnt my bag at all & i was only in there twice overall but it was the place for some, es-cee lived in it, tolerance is the only way forward seany:D

Or we may have people talking ill of the Olympic again;)

:D

temple wasn't oldskool tho in fairness to seany, some spot for the big dj's tho ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Met David Hales, the man responsible for starting the Olympic last Sunday night.
    Sound bloke and still loves his tunes today .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

es-cee wrote: »
    :D

temple wasn't oldskool tho in fairness to seany, some spot for the big dj's tho ;)

Ah Temple phase one was oldskool IMO. Then it shut down and reopened as a Hard House venue. Wasn't my cup of tea at all (tho the crypt used to be banging on occasions - usually when Warren played ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭harsea8

SteoL wrote: »
    Ah Temple phase one was oldskool IMO. Then it shut down and reopened as a Hard House venue. Wasn't my cup of tea at all (tho the crypt used to be banging on occasions - usually when Warren played ;) )

sure it only opened in 96 or something, wouldn't call that oldskool myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Was it 96 yeah????? Thought it was earlier, oul memory not what it once was.

Though now you mention it that might make sense as started going there after the Ormonde. Still it's 15 years ago and was the end of my regular (i.e. weekly) raving days so still old skool to me.

yeah, every1 has their own idea on oldskool, if ya asked a 20 year old it would probably be music from 2005 :D to me, it was the end of the "real rave" scene i.e. end of '94, after hardcore and jungle went their separate ways in '93, and started evolving into different styles (drum n bass, happy hardcore etc) that marked the end of the oldskool scene as far as i'm concerned anyway. everything music releated after that point has a more clean polished sound to it that those tunes just don't have, as production software became more and more prevalent instead of good old hardware.
    anyway, yeah like i said, everyone has their own "oldskool", but to me it aint oldskool unless its pre '95, clubs included :)

Personally when i think of oldskool i think 94 & pre

• Advertisement

Advertisement