Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Writers' Bloc - Creative Writing Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Antilles wrote: »
    Have you tried poking a stick in your ear? It might knock them loose.

my brains might fall out

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Well, there's the beginning of a good autophagous zombie story.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ill shove it in with the box stories somewhere :D

hows the weather over there, it is hot here and i am pondering moving somewhere very cold

Over here? There was a threat of rain this morning but order is restored and we're back to scorchio scorchio scorchio for the week.

We went to the annual fête de la gastronomie yesterday - a whole village converted into an open-air resturant with tastings of gourmet foods and fine wines from the top chefs and sommeliers in the area. It would have been perfect only for the live jazz. God, I hate jazz. It's a pity because I could recognise that the girl had a great voice and was really giving it socks but I just wanted to run her through with a brochette.

Over here? There was a threat of rain this morning but order is restored and we're back to scorchio scorchio scorchio for the week.

We went to the annual fête de la gastronomie yesterday - a whole village converted into an open-air resturant with tastings of gourmet foods and fine wines from the top chefs and sommeliers in the area. It would have been perfect only for the live jazz. God, I hate jazz. It's a pity because I could recognise that the girl had a great voice and was really giving it socks but I just wanted to run her through with a brochette.

Welcome to the anti-jazz club, I hate it too :cool:
    had the same experience at a student concert recently... girl had a good voice and all but the music was just urgh

• Advertisement

And you say that as a connoisseuse of music. See, I'm not just wrong about jazz.

Yeah it's just not nice
    i did some jazzed up version of a paganini caprice for an exam one year :(:(:(
    beat the other jazzy crap they tried making me do though
    i'm not big into 20thC music, with some exceptions

wait, i think i see mad hatter coming after me with a blunt weapon... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I am no longer speaking to anyone in this thread.

Have you two gone head to head in the arena yet? It would be like Tyson v Ali.

we sure did, on the 16th
    and i have zero time for any more entries for ehm, about 4 weeks or so

• Advertisement

Have you two gone head to head in the arena yet? It would be like Tyson v Ali.

We have - she rather mopped the floor with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

CD. wrote: »
    I'm playing with a fog-machine gun that makes pew pew noises when you fire it to make smoke rings. I am now, officially, done with everything else for the day.

Where did you find such a magical device?! :eek:
    bluewolf wrote: »
    ill shove it in with the box stories somewhere :D

hows the weather over there, it is hot here and i am pondering moving somewhere very cold

Why cold? It seems pleasantly warm at the moment... though that's me in my normally chilly office, so, maybe in the sunlight I might agree.
    bluewolf wrote: »
    Welcome to the anti-jazz club, I hate it too :cool:
    had the same experience at a student concert recently... girl had a good voice and all but the music was just urgh

Are we talking... old skool jazz or new stuff with time signatures that make my brain bleed?

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Why cold? It seems pleasantly warm at the moment... though that's me in my normally chilly office, so, maybe in the sunlight I might agree.
    hello i am bluewolf i like the cold :D
    Are we talking... old skool jazz or new stuff with time signatures that make my brain bleed?
    any of it

Also any of it. I think I should hate the new-style bollocks more but I actually think Chet Baker is the devil.

Goddamn novel is just not happening today. I've written 73 words in the last hour. Seventy-three!!

I'm gonna go write some short stories instead.

Goddamn novel is just not happening today. I've written 73 words in the last hour. Seventy-three!!

I'm gonna go write some short stories instead.

i spent an hour or two on a poem yesterday and managed to make the progress of crossing out words instead of adding any more :pac:
    but then i did my german homework so it's all good

I wrote 3 foolscap today but I know if and when I force myself to type it up it will equate to about three lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

You know what I really really love?

Jazz.

Jazz.

Banned

You know what I really really love?

Jazz.

them's fightin' words!!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CD.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Where did you find such a magical device?! :eek:

My sister got it for me for my birthday. It also has a blue light so you can see the smoke rings better. It's some unce unce music away from being a mobile night club.

I sat down to write, nothing, so I did some editing instead, got about 14 pages done before I was distracted. I got business cards in the mail today. feel so...businessy...

as to jazz, I don't particularly care about it one way or t'other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Ha, just back on Twitter after months of ignoring it, and the second last post on the Irish Writers twitter page is a link to the Cinderella VOAT. From 13 months ago. Blast from the past!

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Ha, just back on Twitter after months of ignoring it, and the second last post on the Irish Writers twitter page is a link to the Cinderella VOAT. From 13 months ago. Blast from the past!

Yeah the winner of that story sure was amazing. Handsome devil too, or so I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Yeah the winner of that story sure was amazing. Handsome devil too, or so I've heard.

Apparently you should only believe half of what you see and even less of what you hear... :p

hurray for buying new books o/

I had this image in my head of satellite phones (old school ones) being the size of a suitcase and having a small dish but can't find any photographic evidence. I seem to remember them showing up in war films a lot.

• Advertisement

A Dance With Dragons is heeeeeeerrreeee!!!!!

See you in two weeks, folks!

Advertisement