Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Must admit, Ed sounds a bit off on that one, but I'll just have to wait to hear it live in Berlin/London/Manchester before I settle my thoughts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

well in a normal situation Pj would play a few songs before they hit a song in that gear, so don't judge it too harshly, bt back to back this and the song from the other day are a very encouraging sign for the new record..hopefully it lives up to the expectation..it will..roll on august and the big 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I really liked the song. I think it did sound a bit off, but I don't blame the band for that, it was just whatever happened on the night.

To me, it sounded a little like X, or, as someone on the Red Mosquito board pointed out, The Real Me.

I'm happy with it though. Looking forward to the album now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

The Fixer is the name of it, sounded meh on conan, but the video shoot version is good. I got some promo art too on makli.com

The Fixer is the name of it, sounded meh on conan, but the video shoot version is good. I got some promo art too on makli.com

"The Fixer" is what they played for the Target video, "Get Some" is what they played at Conan O'Brien.

You can see the record cover a little better on the Late Show website, and the sound is better quality:

Link

EDIT: Apparently that is not the finest version of the cover. Though I'm pleased Tom Tomorrow is working on it. I like his cartoons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

one word: Alive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Pretty cool new song. Pretty sh*t hot, as always....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

actually I agree with one of the comments on the conan o brien site, that it sounds a bit like Devo's "Gut Feeling", and PJ are big Devo fans..?

Still rocks though..

The cover shown on Conan might just be the "Get Some" cover not BACKSPACER.

Rockin in the free world from tonight show is here:
    http://www.thetonightshowwithconanobrien.com/video/clips/pearl-jam-rockin-in-the-free-world/1119282/

bad news lads..sounds like Eds voice is officially gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭PistolPete78

F#$k me but they were rockin..... Lets get ED gargling lemon & water so he will be all set for the european tour.... Oh and i want more solo's from stone please.....

Roll on Berlin 09....

so ed's on tour..this is the poster (gotta get me one!)
    0211.jpg

but even better, there's a wallet and some of them came with his evel knevel plec! i'm a sucker for cool merch..sorry
    389e9815.jpg

23563b15.jpg

haaafta get me both of these!

new eddie song is brilliant :) it's called 'the end'
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/3t6lwv

bump..jus cos

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Murts-Rig

Anybody see'em in Millstreet in 93?

Slane was 93...millstreet was 96.
    I was at Millstreet..it was brilliant..great bootleg.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Love this vid!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

If anyone knows of any spare tickets goin for the M.E.N arena or o2 in London PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dirty Frank

Anyone know a release date for the new album? Any word on a full world tour to support it next year perchance?

Anyone know a release date for the new album? Any word on a full world tour to support it next year perchance?

The rumour is that there will not be a world tour next year as a member of the band is "having a baby". The album will be released September 22, with The Fixer being available digitally on July 20th-ish (from what I remember).

They will play the States in Sept-Oct, perhaps Aus in December.

• Advertisement

Backspacer will be released in HMV Ireland on the 18th of September. "Johnny Guitar" and "The Fixer" was on i102-104 (could've been FlirtFM) the day before last, sounds good!

No tour next year as posted above!

Tickets for their shows in Seattle go on sale today *crosses fingers*

They're playing Shepherd's Bush Empire August 11th. I just booked flights, now I just hope I get tickets...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

Slane was 93...millstreet was 96.
    I was at Millstreet..it was brilliant..great bootleg.
    Slane was excellent in 1993. Only problem being that they were late and only played 55 mins. Top quality stuff that they did play however. And then topped off by a great performance of Neil Young with Booker T & The MGs (with Pearl Jam resurfacing for Rockin' In The Free World encore at the end - hopefully this makes it on to Neil Young's archives set for the 90s).

Have seen them in LA in 1991 supporting Nirvana , when they first came to Europe in 1992 (Oslo), Slane in 1993, Big Day Out in Brisbane, Oslo again, RDS (minus Vedder but with Neil Young), Point twice and am now gunning to see them one more time.
    Incidentally in 1992 back in Dublin, I saw Alice in Chains and Rage Against The Machine in the Tivoli (ah bless it).
    Have almost everything they've recorded. Sad to see them not playing the O2 here this summer. Thought they might have done.

Oh well, will make do with the new album I guess.

Must get tickets for this!!!
    Pearl Jam have announced an extra intimate UK show.

The band who play several UK arena shows next month, will now also play the O2 Shepherds Bush Empire on August 11.

Tickets go on general sale from Thursday (July 23), although there is a pre-sale for those who pre-order the band's next album 'Backspacer', out September 21, from hmv.com.

To check the availability of Pearl Jam tickets and get all the latest listings, go to NME.COM/TICKETS now, or call 0871 230 1094.

Backspacer will be released in HMV Ireland on the 18th of September. "Johnny Guitar" and "The Fixer" was on i102-104 (could've been FlirtFM) the day before last, sounds good!

No tour next year as posted above!

Really?? how will i find these??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Tom65 wrote: »
    They're playing Shepherd's Bush Empire August 11th. I just booked flights, now I just hope I get tickets...

good luck with it dude, I'll be trying too, but it's not gonna be easy is it, any idea of the venue capacity ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

just booked some flights too.....feck it might aswell give it a go :-)

2000 is the capacity..same as the Olympia roughly

• Advertisement

I booked flights as well, tis only €12 down the drain if I don't get tickets. I dunno if I could go over anyway and take the heartache if I didn't get 'em!

Advertisement