Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guns N' Roses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

robz150 wrote:
    Was it not Therapy?

No, Therapy was in Ireland BUT Lordi was in England (Donnington)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

No, Therapy was in Ireland BUT Lordi was in England (Donnington)

Aha so They were on time in England as well, Must be down to the strict ending times think it was 22:30 in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

They kind of personal attacking behaviour is liable to get you banned. If you cant defend your argument with fact or honest opinion then dont bother starting one in the first place:)

But yeah I agree, we should ban Axl (who I was quoting)from boards.ie for not defending his argument with fact or honest opinion. What he said in Puerto Rico was totally against Internet forum rules. Oh wait a minute, he wasn't on an internet forum. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I think maybe, just maybe, Motley Crue was making a joke.... ;)

Dead right. I noticed that myself and its a problem I have with the players in GNR. I had this theory that they were playing the old songs 'just that little bit worse' with 'just a little less effort' then the original band on purpose.

I went to see David Lee Roth in Vicar Street in April 2004 and he had Brian Young (his guitarist) sounding like Steve Vai and James Lomenzo (who's now in Megadeth, used to be in BLS and White Lion) sounding like Billy Sheenan on 'Just Like Paradise' and if you closed your eyes on the Van Halen covers it sounded like Alex, Michael Anthony and Eddie where up there in front of you.

My point is that any band can play a cover version, but with practice (and we all know the current incarnation of GNR have had a lot of time to practice) you can sound almost identical to the original band while still retaining your own trademark sound (Finck doesnt play Slash's instruments for example) and not comprising the songs.

However, I feel that Axl has instructed the band to purposely play with a little less effort on the older songs and a little more effort on the newer tracks, instrumentals and Wings/Bob Dylan covers (which he has essentially rewritten live) so that popular opinion will swing towards this band playing their own material. Over time, fans wont want to hear SWOM, in 5 to 10 years theyll want to hear 'Better' and 'The Blues'

Thats how I feel anyway

:confused: You need to listen to some versions of Nightrain and Paradise City from 2006.

The versions are different, certainly not worse. And certainly not with less effort. Dunno were your getting that idea from. Admittedly, some of Finck's versions of Slash's solos are poor, but other than that the classics sound great.

If their aim was to play the old songs with less effort so people will want the new songs it ain't working, coz your the only person who's actually noticed the old songs sounding weaker than the new.

The only way popular opinion will change from old songs to new songs is to release the album.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

The only way popular opinion will change from old songs to new songs is to release the album.
    and if the new album is any good!

JC 2K3 wrote:
    I think maybe, just maybe, Motley Crue was making a joke.... ;)

Thank you, at least someone around here gets it, and I was also making the point that Axl didnt specifically refer to any IRISH individual sitting behind a computer. You PrimalNut made that comment as an attack towards a fellow boarder because you felt you were loosing an argument

Thank you, at least someone around here gets it, and I was also making the point that Axl didnt specifically refer to any IRISH individual sitting behind a computer. You PrimalNut made that comment as an attack towards a fellow boarder because you felt you were loosing an argument

Eh no I didn't. What argument? It was just a joke because Axl mentioned Ireland. Wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. We weren't discussing setlists or anything Axl mentoned.
    I think maybe, just maybe, Motley Crue was making a joke....

He pbviously wasn't joking if he said I should be banned and now he just said it again that I made attack on someone on the boards? Is he still joking the second time he said it?

He obviously didn't get the joke when I said Axl might have been aiming it at some Irish guy. Obviously he wasn't aiming it at anyone, hence the joke. Oh nevermind, I think someone took my initial comment a bit seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

so........has there been any recent news on guns n'roses new album?wasnt it supposed to be out in winter this year?

so........has there been any recent news on guns n'roses new album?wasnt it supposed to be out in winter this year?

They're still saying it will be out this year. It will take something fairly unprecedented to release it at this stage, but its possible. It's likely they will release it with as little notice and publicity as possible. If nothing happens by the end of next week (Madison Square Garden gig) though then it would take a miracle for it to come out this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I'm going for a release date in December.........it seems more likely??? BTW, they've started showing the advert with "Paradise City" as background music on US television this week, so they MIGHT start showing the one with the new song "Better" soon.....?

I'm going for a release date in December.........it seems more likely??? BTW, they've started showing the advert with "Paradise City" as background music on US television this week, so they MIGHT start showing the one with the new song "Better" soon.....?

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=61581

Thats an interview with Bumblefoot on the European Tour. All Credit to Sebastian Bach though, and people might disagree with me here, but I truly believe he's the reason Axl's going out on stage everynight cause he has Bach with him. It may sound stupid but Axl only cancelled one date this tour, when Finck sprained his hand, and has re-arranged every date that he has postponed. He really is doing something people taught he would never do, hes playing shows, and he has been since May this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Nightrain

GNR gig tonight cancelled tonight.Not sure why yet.

Something to do with safety fears and pyro, I think? There's a statement about it on www.chinesedemocracy.com. It's one of those Chatroom thingy's, but it's FAR more informative than their official site......:rolleyes:

http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061106&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

This is the official statement from GNR site about the cancellation. Seems hes being really fair about this, and instead of cancelling the show altogether hes offering them the chance to get themselves to the next venue, but geographically i dont know how far that is so maybe they wont all be able to travel:(

I rang both HMV in Grafton St., and the Sound Cellar in Nassau St. today enquiring about a release date for Chinese Democracy, and neither shop had got a clue about a release date......:confused: Rumours are saying all kinds of dates between now and Christmas, but I can't see it happening.....:confused:

I rang both HMV in Grafton St., and the Sound Cellar in Nassau St. today enquiring about a release date for Chinese Democracy, and neither shop had got a clue about a release date......:confused: Rumours are saying all kinds of dates between now and Christmas, but I can't see it happening.....:confused:

Those stores are not gonna help you to be honest, the release date will first be announced on some radio show, or perhaps the offical GNR site before the shops hear about it I reckon. Unless its going to arrive as a unknown artist release, i.e. HMV currently have an album release on their shelves from someone on the Sanctuary label and when the boxes arrive the new GNR album is in with it...or its the new GNR album and not this release it was supposed to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Nightrain

I think they have some idea but wont tell people about it and the album will drop by suprise IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

if they knew, we'd know! Someone in the shops would plaster it all over the internet.

Forgive me for this, but could the f**kers be playing "Chinese Whispers" with us.....:confused:

• Advertisement

Forgive me for this, but could the f**kers be playing "Chinese Whispers" with us.....:confused:

GNR manager comments on everything. Quite an interesting read.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=61780

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

People laughed at me when I claimed that Chinese Democracy would never come out. 2006 is almost through and we have heard nothing

Just found this on www.hmv.co.uk!!!

They are now saying that Chinese Democracy will be released on 19th December, BUT they are also saying that "this item is deleted"?? I wonder where they're getting their information from.........???:confused:

I wonder where they're getting their information from.........???:confused:

possibly Sanctuary Records

Well then, I must say that the GNR/Sanctuary Records PR machine is absolutely pathetic!!!!:mad:

How about notifying us(the fans), who actually BUY their bloody records, of the release date!!!!!!?????

Some guy has just posted on www.chinesedemocracy.com that November 28th has been CONFIRMED as the release date for the album.....think he's talking bulls**t, though, cos he won't divulge where he got the info from......??

According to South Africa's Mail & Guardian Online, dozens of literary masterpieces and international bestsellers have been banned in Iran in a dramatic rise in censorship that has plunged the country's publishing industry into crisis. Among the forbidden items is a successful series of books featuring lyrics by BLACK SABBATH, QUEEN and GUNS N' ROSES. Stores were told to remove the books or face closure. Permission was subsequently denied for the publisher to reprint.

The clampdown has been headed by the hardline Culture Minister, Mohammed Hossein Saffar Harandi, a former revolutionary guard and close ally of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. It follows a relative thaw during the eight-year presidency of Ahmadinejad's reformist predecessor, Mohammed Khatami.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,110 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

So is there any news on this album release? Or is it as expected and not coming out this year?

Some news from the current North America tour: Eagles of Death Metal walk out after one night. Jesse shocked after hearing people booing the Suicide Girls. "What sort of a rock show is it when people start booing hot, naked chicks-its not a rock show, its a freak show". This on the first night. Later on stage, Axl says "So how did you like the Pigeons of S*** Metal?". EODM walk out on tour after that. An announcement says "At first the audience refused to welcome us to the jungle, but by the time we took our final bow, it had become paradise city. Although Axl tried to November rain on our parade, no sweet child o' mine can derail the Eagles Of Death Metal night train. We say live and let die."
    Tour going steady as usual then :rolleyes: ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I heard EODM got kicked off the tour for being shíte....

And if Chinese Democracy isn't out by the end of this year then all I can say is Axl and Merck are sadistic fúcks.

My GNR enthusiasm has waned over the last few weeks...

JC 2K3 wrote:
    I heard EODM got kicked off the tour for being shíte....

They should have never been on it in the first place, I loathe QOTSA and EODM (and Stoner Rock for that matter too) and I think they should have nothing to do with GNR, and I dont care what people say about GNR i just think thats the way it should be. I also think the Sucide Girls should have nothing to do with GNR, if I wanted to see a woman strip id go to a strip club or my girlfriend would entertain me on a night in, but if I go to a Rock concert I expect to see a band play and them be the entertainment. Coming out at 11.45pm etc is absurd.

The Guns N' Roses concert scheduled for Milwaukee's Bradley Center on November 29 was cancelled due to illness. Guns N' Roses front man Axl Rose is suffering from an ear infection and strep throat. Next show is tonight in Ames, Iowa. Hopefully itll go ahead. Theyve already played 20 dates on this US Tour alone without major incident, Id say thats enough for me, I mean yes he comes on late but in the grand scale of things Id be happier for him to come on late then the show/tour to be cancelled cause of a riot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

19TH December. Highly Unlikely. If its not released this year, ill wait till next june, and if it aint out by then, you can bet your ass that Use Your Illusion II will be the last record by GNR

Advertisement